Page 102 of 163 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2442

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Fett View Post
    So basically they have no idea how to write her anymore and she is becoming comic reief in a very bad way.Oh,Give me back Palmiotti,please.
    What, the guy who had her running around nude after a kid, using a bread loaf and a pie crust to strategically mask the x-rated stuff? The guy who had a running joke about her 'globes', even using them to cover up her real 'globes'?

That guy?

That's only a bit of the stuff she did in his run. Honestly, if that's your complaint about this comic, I don't think Palmiotti and Gray take a back seat to anyone in doing that to PG.
    Last edited by gwydion; 11-15-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    Try my Blog!

And visit me on Facebook here!

The only thing that gives me hope is that she called this version of her suit a "prototype" and that she didn't care about destroying it. Let's hope the real deal will be something completely different.
    _______
    |____.._|
    _(_O_)_
    |______|

DC Comics Forum Moderator The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwydion View Post
    What, the guy who had her running around nude after a kid, using a bread loaf and a pie crust to strategically mask the x-rated stuff?
    That was a humorous scene, but stupid when you think about it. She's naked, but has super speed, vision, reflexes... there's just no way she runs down the stairs in the buff in reality.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I shall become a bat!

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That was a humorous scene, but stupid when you think about it. She's naked, but has super speed, vision, reflexes... there's just no way she runs down the stairs in the buff in reality.
    I do seem to recall at the time that was a topic of discussion. Why didn't she just use her powers? She could have gotten dressed in a tenth of a second, or simply run so fast no one could see her. But, as I said, that was hardly the only cheesecake in the Palmiotti/Gray run---though it was mostly intended to be humorous.

Still, if the repeated losing of the clothes bit is the problem, I wouldn't cite Palmiotti/Gray as a counter example. Winick/Sturges certainly, but not Palmiotti/Gray, for whom cheesecake jokes were the series raison d'Ítre.
    Try my Blog!

The crappy new costumes deserve to get destroyed anyway. Everyone knows how PG is supposed to look.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

This title still has lots of potential in my book. I just don't think it has the right writer right now. Fix that I couldn't care less what Karen's wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The whole secret identity thing may take a hit if she zips upstairs for a super speed dressing.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I personally believe that once she start showing a little skin, no matter where, on her outfit that the destroyed suit gag will stop. Right now she is completely covered from neck to toe. It would be so much easier if she could meet Superman and somehow make a suit from FOS tech. But they are making sure she never meet any of the super family. I guess we won't see a picture similar to this anytime soon (with Kon replacing Chris):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	463686-295485_79067_superman_super_super.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	104337
    Last edited by ssj4jw; 11-16-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    The whole secret identity thing may take a hit if she zips upstairs for a super speed dressing.
    Clark always had ways to do things with his powers surreptitiously. Besides, Karen could have her confrontation with the kid, fully clothed, at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by gwydion View Post
    I do seem to recall at the time that was a topic of discussion. Why didn't she just use her powers? She could have gotten dressed in a tenth of a second, or simply run so fast no one could see her. But, as I said, that was hardly the only cheesecake in the Palmiotti/Gray run---though it was mostly intended to be humorous.

Still, if the repeated losing of the clothes bit is the problem, I wouldn't cite Palmiotti/Gray as a counter example. Winick/Sturges certainly, but not Palmiotti/Gray, for whom cheesecake jokes were the series raison d'Ítre.
    I agree. Cheesecake is what they were selling back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    The crappy new costumes deserve to get destroyed anyway. Everyone knows how PG is supposed to look.
    Absolutely this. QFT

And the PG thread makes 100 pages! Still far short of the old Rama PG App thread, but still currently the longest thread about PG I'm aware of.
    Try my Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by ssj4jw View Post
    I personally believe that once she start showing a little skin, no matter where, on her outfit that the destroyed suit gag will stop. Right now she is completely covered from neck to toe. It would be so much easier if she could meet Superman and somehow make a suit from FOS tech. But they are making sure she never meet any of the super family. I guess we won't see a picture similar to this anytime soon (with Kon replacing Chris):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	463686-295485_79067_superman_super_super.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	104337
    Oh, I'm pretty sure that bit in the latest WF means Levitz is pretty much guaranteeing a meet with Supergirl at the least. And probably sooner rather than later.
    Try my Blog!

Yay 100!

In other interesting PG news: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/n...osted-ed-boon/

"A few days ago, Ed Boon, creative director at NetherRealm Studios, asked his Twitter followers which girl they'd like to see in Injustice: Gods Among Us, with the three choices being Power Girl, Batgirl and Supergirl.

Power Girl ended up winning by a large margin with over 60% of the vote. Supergirl was the next popular character with about 17% of the votes and Batgirl was last. Here's the results image that Boon posted."