Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Kaare Andrews Covers Marvel's Ultimate Relaunch

Marvel Comics has released artist Kaare Andrews covers for the relaunch of the Ultimate Comics Universe, featuring Andrews' take on Ultimate X-Men, Ultimate Hawkeye, Ultimate Spidey and the Ultimates!

Full article here.

I like the fact that Torch is an X-Man but that better be Wolverine's son on the cover

Hawkeye #1.... Best. Cover. EVER! :D

I kinda dig how Jimmy is wearing a hero costume, because admit it teenagers in a world full of heroes (and none too lol) probably think it's the coolest thing out there since digital watches.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Ugh. They look photoshopped together.

Those covers are pretty good. It'll be interesting to see what they do with Torch being an X-Man though. They tend to be an exclusive club.

Also, that Spider-man cover would make a great poster.

BANNED

Spider-man and especially Hawkeye is awesome.
    X-men is okay. I still hate torch as an x-men. Kitty looks weird. And Jimmy's claws are way too long.
    Avengers sucks. Way too Photoshop look.
    Last edited by Skaddix; 05-17-2011 at 08:24 AM.

I love these covers, especially the Hawkeye and X-Men ones.

Uh oh....Wolverine12 isn't going to be happy about this. Turns out you're a big Jimmy fan now!

But seriously, SICK covers! The only thing I don't like about any of them is the trade dressing. It's a nice update of the pre-Ultimatum format, but I think the current one is amazing. The "Ultimate Comics" logo is just bland, and I'm not really a fan of any of the new typefaces for the titles. Damn it...why do I have to have a graphic designer as a roommate? (Though, these are still way better than the "Heroic Age" banner...we threw up at that one)

Anyway, back on topic. The X-Men cover is my favorite; I think it's perfect. I love how Jimmy seems timid, almost like he's scared to be taking over as Wolverine, and there's something oddly sexy about Kitty. I just wish Bobby had his bandana instead of a hat. Seriously, could I be any more nitpicky? I also REALLY want a new Iron Man armor. I guess I can accept that they've moved on from the badass Hitch design, but at least make it Ultimate again. And while you're at it, give Thor his freaking Hammer back (and belt, if you'd like)! Spider-man looks great in the new suit, and Hawkeye is as badass as ever.

Have I rambled enough? Long story short - I love these covers!
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Spider-Man is using his ring finger to shoot his web. Interesting. The only thing I don't like about the covers is Thors' hammer. On the fence about Jim's costume though.
    In war the elders may give the orders, but it's the young who have to fight.

I freakin' love these covers! They're great covers for each series' first issue. The thing I love most, though; the return of the cover side-bars! Now that's ULTIMATE COMICS!

WOWOWOW!!! Individualistic titling systems!!! YAY! I know I keep bringing up my dream of the relaunch that I had a few weeks back but this is almost exactly how I pictured them. Except one was supposed to be Punisher! lol

Why, that shot of Thor doesn't look like Chris Hemsworth at all.

You all know I'm a bias drunk when it comes to Ultimate, but I'll say it anyways. Compared to the covers of the first round of Ultimate comics, these look terrible. The style looks like a bad cross between lousy Photoshop job and poor outlines done a seven-year-old. Jimmy's uniform looks terrible. I thought Ultimate was supposed to be different. Now it's ripping off 616 costumes? What gives? Seriously, I can't draw and I can vomit better images than this when I'm hung over. But that's just me.

Is anybody else just underwhelmed? If not, I'll go drink until it isn't.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

BANNED

I agree these are not great.

Hawkeye and Spider-man look good but thats due to them being mostly covered.

It is called photorealistic style and no, you could not do anything so polished as that in a million years, so try to be polite at the very least.

I do not like the covers much because I do not like the design nor that kind of art for comics, but I recognize that they are technically impecable and really well drawn, and many people will probably love them.