Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lightbulb Dick Grayson Psychological Disorders...

What Psychological disorders could Dick Grayson (Robin) have? Apart from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

...Adrenaline junkie possibly

Seriously.

For someone living in the DCU I imagine he's probably one of the most psychologically balanced heroes around.

I'm puzzled by the initial question (and a little confused by Dick being referred to as Robin). Is Dick supposed to have a psychological disorder?

I mean he is one of the most centered heroes, but there has to be something else to his character and his tough experiences... post traumatic stress disorder could be caused because he witnessed his parents death's... although probably the disorder is not severe... and I agree that he could be an adrenaline junkie too...

Quote Originally Posted by LorrieK View Post
    I'm puzzled by the initial question (and a little confused by Dick being referred to as Robin). Is Dick supposed to have a psychological disorder?
    I just meant Dick Grayson :)

Quote Originally Posted by dark_fire_rebel View Post
    I mean he is one of the most centered heroes, but there has to be something else to his character and his tough experiences.
    No, there doesn't. Adding more layers of BS psychodrama strips away the coolness.
    Google is your friend. Have a question? Look it up. ∙ BlogSequential Salon

He probably think he has one, but really don't have any
    Has to remember his suggestion for the traitor game

#17! RED/MRF/NKA/AMD/RZL/SHP/RHN/MIB/VF/ALC/ NWG/MN/HW

can you crack the code?

Like Bruce, Dick got over the death of his parents. He's one of the most psychologically healthy characters DC has. Is too much compassion a disorder?

The thing is though you can't really apply psychology to a fictional world that is so different than our own. For all the physical similarities the DCU shares with real life reality the reality in their fictional universe is so vastly different from our own that it would probably be more accurate to try and apply human psychology to lions.

If everyone and their mother is running around in tights and fighting crime that would make that the base line for normalcy, so I don't really see him as having any disorders when his behavior is the norm in that fiction.

Man-slut-itis. An affliction all men wish they had.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

SHOW ME YOUR THUMBS!! BohemiaDrinker's Avatar

Aside from Roy Harper (who has a little problem with chemical adiction), the original Teen Titans are the sanest heroes the DCU has to offer.

There was "impostor syndrome" Wally, "Holy Sh$%#! I killed the Joker" Dick and "I don`t know who the hell I`m supposed to be" Donna, yes; but these characters main super-power is to basically resist any editorial effort to input unnecessary angst in them. Their defining trait is that they do it because is right, because they love this life or because it`s their "family" business.

and that`s why they`re so cool, IMO.

BANNED

He has none.

BANNED

He's not a slut. He suffers from a unique condition called Galahad Penis: if you're in trouble or in need, he'll try to save you and sleep with you. Examples:

Barbara Gordon: first needed his help to become a good Batgirl, then after she was crippled slept with her out of pity and eventually proposed.

Starfire: needed help on a new planet after escaping from a life of slavery

Tarantula: needed help in her ultimately disasterous attempt to be a superhero.

Emily Washburn: married her because she was in trouble

The Huntress: slept with her trying to help with the raging hot mess she is.

Cheyenne Freemont: super-powered fashion designer he slept with when she was in trouble with the criminal Pierce Brothers

Liu: crime lord's girlfriend he tried to save

Notice he was the only Teen Titan to have no interest in Wonder Girl, who was well-adjusted and superpowered.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Death Itself View Post
    Notice he was the only Teen Titan to have no interest in Wonder Girl, who was well-adjusted and superpowered.
    That's because she's been with Roy, and he doesn't want any of those junkies' cuties. Notice how he hasn't touched Helena since she went slumming