Default Clive Barker's Undying

Has anyone ever played this game before? It's a FPS from 2001, in additional to the traditional weapons like guns you get magic powers and magical weapons as well. Not to mention the game was written by Clive Barker, which means it is extremely well done. The atmosphere of the entire game is quite eerie and fits in perfectly with what the game is trying to achieve.

One of the cooler features is a spell you get called "scrye" which lets you increase your vision of the surrounding area(like seeing in the dark) and such. The only thing is sometimes this spell reveals past events in the form of conversations and sometimes even seeing the person from the past. This also tends to reveal hidden truths via illusions, such as a normal painting of a character might change to look more malevolent/evil once you look at it using scrye, hinting that the person in the photo was themselves evil.

The magic system itself is a nice addition, spells that allow you to move at super speed, hurl energy bolts, hurl lightning, use forcefields, bring your enemies back to life to they serve you, spells that cause your enemies to commit suicide, etc. Of course the best spell is the one that lets you summon floating skulls with your mind that explode on contact once you throw them at something. Oh, and if you charge up the spell the skulls actually start to cackle and eventually catch on fire.

Other then that, as I mentioned before the story of the game is quite good. To avoid giving any real spoilers I will just give a brief summary of the game. You play as a sort of paranormal detective who is called to his old friends huge mansion a few years following World War 1. This friend suspects something strange is going on at his estate, but he's dying and thus needs his friend to investigate..which where the game begins.

I would seriously recommend anyone who hasn't played this game to try it, it will change the way you look at FPS's. Also I found it to be a much better game then Jericho, so if you enjoyed that you will definitely enjoy this. The games are alike in some ways, but this game does a lot of things better IMO.
    Last edited by Surtur; 05-14-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Yes I played it, sadly never finished it. Truly 10 times more scary than any silent hill or resident evil, without shame or exaggeration I can say the game really tested my manhood. It is almost a mystery or a conspiracy why it never was ported or remade for a modern console. Clive Barker really delivered with the story of the 4 brother that died and hunted the remaining brother on his empty mansion.

Overall, I quite liked the game, but there were some points I didn't: the final levels mostly (the cavemen and the final boss). The best parts were taking place in the house itself.

I have this game, but I can't stand the mouse/keyboard controls. Which is why I never got around playing it much. Has anyone figured out how to use a controller to play Undying. I tried JoytoKey to no avail. Any suggestions?

I never liked using keyboards, but I've come to somewhat like the set up I have..where my left hand uses the w,a,s,d keys for moving up, down, left right..and I use the mouse to look around and the mouse buttons to attack/cast spells. You get used to it eventually and Undying is such a great game it really is worth it.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.