Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Spider-Man's Top 10 Greatest Video Game Appearances

The webslinger's starred in numerous games over the years, but which is his greatest? With "Spider-Man: Edge of Time" arriving later this year, CBR dug down to choose Spidey's Top 10 Video Game Appearances!

Full article here.

No Shinobi?
    :-(

Shogun of the Dork roguegenerator's Avatar

I would have gone with the first Ultimate Alliance over the sequel. The graphics were the only improvement in the sequel. Everything else was a big step back.

Thank you for keeping Web of Shadows off of this list. Great concept and some of the boss fights were fun (and I'll appreciate any Black Cat cameo I can get). Execution was a little off, but Mike Vaughn's voice acting as Spider Man was just awful to the point of distraction.

M:UA2 is just more fun with 3 other people playing with you, all beligerrantly confused as the camera pans significantly too far back to the point where everyone who isn't the big green one can't find their characters. Not being sarcastic--with enough beer in your system to prompt you to match the miscellaneous quotations yourself, this scenario is goddang hilarious and a blast.

I would replace Shattered Dimensions with Ultimate Spiderman. I just loved the graphics which was close to the booka and also the "attitude" of Spiderman, the wise-crackin spidey.

I didn't enjoy SD gameplay. I was hoping for more of the free swinging action as seen in SM2 and USM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    No Shinobi?
    :-(
    THE REVENGE OF SHINOBI was my first experience of seeing Spiderman in a video game, too bad you had to beat him...lol
    New Avengers*Unity* Shadowman* RAI* TRANSFORMERS* MILES MORALES

I agree that Ultimate Spider-Man should've been on here. Tony Hawk would've been a fun mention, too. It was awesome skateboarding as Spidey. Shattered Dimensions on the other hand... am I the only one who found the controls/camera angles in that game to be incredibly frustrating?

BANNED

I'm a third vote for Ultimate Spider-Man, as the #1 best game. No other game merges actual comic book with game like Ultimate Spider-Man. It is that universe brought to life. And with many people and reviewers calling Ultimate Spider-Man the best book of the last decade, the actual game is a triumph on multiple levels. Also has the best handling on the Spidey character.

Any list (Like this one) that leaves that game off is garbage.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of the revenge of shinobi. You kill him and he BECOMES AN EVIL BATMAN.

So awesome.

Ugh, I HATED Ultimate Spider-Man. It was fun storywise and animationwise, but the gameplay was just so ridiculously easy and I got through it with a bunch of button-mashing. Coming from Spider-Man 2, it was really, really disappointing.

Maximum Carnage is too low on this list.

This should be in a spider-man forum hehe

anyway...there are some good games that werent mentioned here

though i agree with the 1st 3

Quote Originally Posted by pedroparkero View Post
    This should be in a spider-man forum hehe

anyway...there are some good games that werent mentioned here

though i agree with the 1st 3
    I agree with the first two. Third should be Maximum Carnage. In fact, I think I'll play it right now...

My only issue with Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man is those bloody missions where you have to chase/follow a friend/enemy -- I found it harder to keep up than the actual scrappin' and missions and boss battles...

..maybe I have web-slinging issues.
    KIMOTAZAM!!
    (like 'Zing!', only bigger and louder)

There's a soooper-dooper small typo in the Marvel vs. Capcom section -- the games "Marvel Super Heroes" and Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter" are spelled with "Superheroes" instead. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_...s_(arcade_game)

You'll rarely (if never!) see Marvel products from the last few decades with "Superheroes" in the product name -- it's almost always "Super Heroes."

Quote Originally Posted by DannyWetts View Post
    My only issue with Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man is those bloody missions where you have to chase/follow a friend/enemy -- I found it harder to keep up than the actual scrappin' and missions and boss battles...

..maybe I have web-slinging issues.
    I had a friend who just couldn't do it. He just couldn't. Whenever he'd get thrown off the trail, he'd start waving his hands around with the controller, thinking that he could control SPider-Man with his motions.