Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Worlds Will Collide In "Smallville" Finale

Executive producers Brian Peterson and Kelly Souders discuss the "Smallville" two-hour series finale, revealing which characters make their returns and what fans should ultimately take away from the series.

Full article here.

"That's why [the fans] watch. Not because we have the biggest visual special effects you'll see on a screen or because of anything else. I think they want to believe in the heroes."

Nah, I've done enough "believing in heroes", I just want big actions scenes and stories that make sense.
    Pull List: Action Comics, Green Lantern, GLC, GL: New Guardians, Justice League, The Flash, Batman Inc, Batman, Nightwing, Batman & Robin, Dial H, Animal Man, Frankenstien, Earth-2

Gone

Me, I just want the damn thing to be over with.

10 years of fluff and spinning around in circles... geez!

You could condense the entire series into 3 seasons.

At this point if they dont at least close it with Clark and Lois getting married then all that build up to that point was nothing more than a waste
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

My, aren't yall cranky today. :)

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

I just want to see Darkseid, and I'll be happy.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pothier View Post
    I just want to see Darkseid, and I'll be happy.
    I second a well done Superman vs Darkseid battle also

With everything they're describing, it doesn't sound as if two hours will be enough to tell the story. It really sounds like a full season squeezed into a very short time period, or, rather, a two hour long trailer. I hope they know what they're doing.

Veteran Member

I've missed everything since the hiatus. I meant to catch up before watching the finale but never got around to it, so i think I might just go ahead and watch it anyway, just to see what they do with Apokalips and all that. What Apokaliptan characters have they shown so far? I saw Granny Goodness and some rather unimpressive Furies. Anything else?

They had Godfrey on earlier, and Desaad was just in a couple eps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Me, I just want the damn thing to be over with.

10 years of fluff and spinning around in circles... geez!

You could condense the entire series into 3 seasons.
    Who cares as long as it's good and entertaining? And Smallville has been that more than it has been bad. The past three seasons (ignoring a terrible ending to season 8) have mostly been great, a huge jump from the mess that was season 7.

Maybe it's JUST a promo still... maybe the whole wedding will go kablooey and NOT actually happen... maybe everyone gets mindwiped... but it's kinda disappointing that the shot of Lois & Clark at the altar there has a Clark sans-glasses.

They JUST (finally) introduced the glasses as a 'permanent' disguise, and all the other stuff that goes with it, and here he is in front of his friends & family (granted, pretty much all of 'em know his secret) and Lois' friends & family (not so much in the 'know' category!). "Hey, my old friend Lois just married the Blur. Er, I mean, what's he called now? Superman. Dude looks just like him."

I'm hoping for Connor and J'onn J'onzz.
    I have this idea for the next X-teme Games Gold Medal Event--Bear Tickling. Its like Bull riding but more X-treme! You are timed on how long you can tickle a bear before he attacks you.

-Excelsior

I would call bullshit if Lois gets mindwiped, if the mindwipe thing happens.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    Who cares as long as it's good and entertaining? And Smallville has been that more than it has been bad. The past three seasons (ignoring a terrible ending to season 8) have mostly been great, a huge jump from the mess that was season 7.
    You call it "entertaining", I call it a borefest.
    Im picky when it comes to my quality time and I hate to waste it on fluff - which this series has mostly been - .
    Aside from a couple disastrous seasons like the witch one (which you could simply throw entirely in the can), most seasons have around 3-4 good episodes, 10 completelly filler fluff and the rest you split between low average and just plain bad.

Now heres how the series ending will be.
    Your big Darkseid fight?
    Itll be:
    - 20 seconds of Clark throwing him into a wall or being throw into a wall.
    - Someone conjures some magical-mystical-majestical deus ex and Darkseid is banished.
    - Clark dons the suit and you get to see him for 5 whole seconds in his Superman suit at the very ending shot.
    Yay.
    Now bring me Wonder Woman.