View Poll Results: Who should MJ be with now?

Voters
64. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Tony Stark

7 10.94%
  • Wolverine

2 3.13%
  • Daken

2 3.13%
  • Blade

0 0%
  • Skaar

3 4.69%
  • Wonderman

2 3.13%
  • Punisher

4 6.25%
  • Eddie Brock

2 3.13%
  • Harry Osborn

5 7.81%
  • Thor

2 3.13%
  • Hercules

3 4.69%
  • Other (please specify)

32 50.00%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The only reason Peter / MJ is not together, let alone "marriage never happened" to begin with, is because Quesada wants us to believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by hangmanjury View Post
    I definitely think MJ and Peter are getting back together sooner or later. Maybe when you're EIC, Ryan.

I'd buy the book if you're in charge. As long as you don't rehire JMS.
    Well I'd definitly bring back JrJr with Scott Hanna inking. That be number 1 on the list. I loved the look of the early JMS era. I love JMS but I'd like to see a bunch of other guys that haven't written the character to write the character. If I was in charge I would not have them married again. What I'd like to see is the two of them to "see" eachother. He loves her. She loves him, but they never trully commit to one another. They never become boyfriend and girlfriend. They never live together. With all that said, they're constantly involved with one another. I think that could make for some great conflict, great emotional stories, and great stories overall. The book is missing that romantic flare right now. It's also missing interpersonal drama.

Interpersonal is my word tonight.

Also, it seems i'll get my wish soon as Peter is not going to enjoy Carlie's new tatoo. I'm excited for that convo for sure.
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    The only reason Peter / MJ is not together, let alone "marriage never happened" to begin with, is because Quesada wants us to believe so.
    Quesada doesn't want you to believe anything. As much as i hate to say it, it's canon now. They were never married.

Quesada wants a single Spider-Man and great stories to be told in said status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    Quesada doesn't want you to believe anything. As much as i hate to say it, it's canon now. They were never married.

Quesada wants a single Spider-Man and great stories to be told in said status quo.
    Whatever. I shall still treasure what I believe were great stories that came out of Late 1987-Late 2007, and I may give new Amazing Spider-Man a second chance, come the day, maybe a year, few years from now, when Peter and MJ will open their eyes once again, atleast walk onto the sunset, hand-to-hand, that umpteenth chance, together once more.
    Last edited by ngroove; 05-08-2011 at 10:58 PM.

Whatever. I shall still treasure what I believe were great stories that came out of Late 1987-Late 2007, and I may give new Amazing Spider-Man a second chance, come the day, maybe a year, few years from now, when Peter and MJ will open their eyes once again, atleast walk onto the sunset, hand-to-hand, that umpteenth chance, together once more.
    That's...*sniff*.... that's beautiful, man!

"Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

I'm with you man. You're talking to a huge marriage fan.

lol Kevin.

It's kind of ironic. Peter sort of resembled a Dawson's Creek character during BND!

lol Kevin.

It's kind of ironic. Peter sort of resembled a Dawson's Creek character during BND!
    I've actually never seen Dawson's Creek, so I don't get the comparison. But, I did think that picture was appropriately funny!
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingSpidey View Post
    The Black Cat.

What? A guy can dream. Even Spidey would go, "You know, I am pretty okay with this."
    Well, that's yet another topic owned in the first post.

I mean no offense, but no one's going to top this one. >_>
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.-C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    I've actually never seen Dawson's Creek, so I don't get the comparison. But, I did think that picture was appropriately funny!
    I'm just being silly. But it seems as though Dawson would call "making out" macking.

No way is it canon. It was some awful fan fiction that a three year old could top, that somehow found it's way into a printed comic. It will be corrected at some point.

Anyway, I voted other. Other being Peter Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingSpidey View Post
    I'm going to run down your poll options:

Tony Stark

While Tony wouldn't object, MJ wouldn't go for him.

Wolverine

Well, we know Wolverine would be all over her, and has made passes - however small - when she was living in Avengers tower. But MJ wouldn't go for him either. She finds him gross, has threatened to kill him, and I'm pretty sure the nicest thing she's ever said to him is calling him a bastard.

Daken

Not in a million years. To be honest, I don't know why this is even an option. A, he is a murdering villain, and B, MJ isn't a man.

Blade
    Skaar
    Wonderman
    Punisher
    Eddie Brock

Again, not in a million years and shouldn't be on the list.

Harry Osborn

MJ knows by now not to go down that road again.

Thor
    Hercules

Hercules isn't the kind of guy she'd go for. Too "brash jock" for her. Thor, while it's obvious to see why a woman would be attracted to him, I don't see MJ wanting to be with a God of Thunder.

I thought a poll would have more "realistic" choices, but the whole thing just makes me want to say that the only person she should be with is Peter. Don't get me wrong - I'm okay with them not being together right now. I'm a huge Peter and MJ supporter, but I'm not one of "those" people. I just can't choose anyone who I think she'd be 'good' with, outside of Peter. That's all I'm saying.
    I could see her dating Wonderman if he was still Hollywood centered. As for Wolverine, of course she is going to say she thinks he's gross, but he has animal magnetism and he's a bad boy. I could see a one nighter for those two.

I'm going with other though. A new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean MD View Post
    No way is it canon. It was some awful fan fiction that a three year old could top, that somehow found it's way into a printed comic. It will be corrected at some point.

I hope sooner than later.
    Anyway, I voted other. Other being Peter Parker.[/QUOTE]

Me too.

lol Kevin.

I knew you were a closet Creeker.

I TOTALLY did not mean that pun. It's a horrible pun. I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean MD View Post

Anyway, I voted other. Other being Peter Parker.
    You know, I was just thinking about what makes its way into the printed comic earlier, so I think I'm going to start a new thread. Thanks for reminding me.

I was a Creeker for a little bit. As you know, I'm a huge giant Buffy The Vampire Slayer fan. I've seen every episode and follow the comics. Dawson's Creek use to precede that show for a couple of years. I'd always watch a bit before Buffy came on. It wasn't terrible.