View Poll Results: Who should be Storm's new lover?

Voters
189. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Thor

15 7.94%
  • Dr Doom

1 0.53%
  • Wolverine

37 19.58%
  • Cable

7 3.70%
  • Loki

3 1.59%
  • Khan

2 1.06%
  • Shadow King

1 0.53%
  • Nightcrawler

4 2.12%
  • Dracula (he needs to reclaim her for him alone!)

9 4.76%
  • The Brood

3 1.59%
  • Colossus

1 0.53%
  • Slipstream

6 3.17%
  • Gambit

11 5.82%
  • Yukio

27 14.29%
  • Other (please specify)

62 32.80%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Many of the big X-couples didn't break up because the characters didn't work but because Marvel wanted to go in a new direction, writers left the book and the like, that's why Forge/Storm, Havok/Polaris, Archangel/Psylocke and others broke up. Namor and Black Panther are outsiders so they really don't count given the likelihood of them being in the books on a regular basis. The X-men aren't a sex shop or anything it's just that there are people that don't have a favorite couple and don't stay true to it, they seem to ride the waves of whatever the current relationship is, jumping from one bandwagon to another. Forge is the one that has had an ongoing affection/love for Storm and she knows it and has returned the feelings...Logan I believe now is greatly because Jean isn't around...but doesn't he have a girlfriend...thought he did...
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

Quote Originally Posted by jabu46 View Post
    I get that, but fail to see how he's even an archetype. Don't see how he in anyway serves as an archetype for the earth.
    He's like a Neanderthal/hunter/primal human. He runs around naked in the woods killing things and eating them. He has animalistic super senses and his body will always heal. He has metal in his bones. These are all qualities which tie him to the earth. In a more modern sensibility, he likes to fuck and fight, drink beer and is sort of crass and uncivilized. He's practically a redneck hillbilly. These are all earthy 'down to earth' qualities.
    Breathe deep, seek peace!

http://levarnu.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mosdef View Post
    Storm is the mutant version of Taylor Swift. Going from dude to dude.
    ??? This response is offensive, and sexist and completely inaccurate. She's only been shown to be in a serious relationship with a handful of men, yet you have characters like Daredevil, Namor, Johnny Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine etc. etc. who have been with far more, yet we don't see blanket and completely wrong statements like this. You need to take a seat and get your life, because she's no longer with T'Challa.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yogaflame View Post
    He's like a Neanderthal/hunter/primal human. He runs around naked in the woods killing things and eating them. He has animalistic super senses and his body will always heal. He has metal in his bones. These are all qualities which tie him to the earth. In a more modern sensibility, he likes to fuck and fight, drink beer and is sort of crass and uncivilized. He's practically a redneck hillbilly. These are all earthy 'down to earth' qualities.
    Yes yes yes.

People don't understand archetypes, clearly.

He's earth tempered by fire (steel), the "noble savage" uncivilized by civilization, refined in the far East to redeem the fallen West, a wandering hermit (Cain born of Abel), feral and out of his time, modernity's reclamation of its own bestial past. He's the Knight (King) of Disks.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    ??? This response is offensive, and sexist and completely inaccurate. She's only been shown to be in a serious relationship with a handful of men, yet you have characters like Daredevil, Namor, Johnny Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine etc. etc. who have been with far more, yet we don't see blanket and completely wrong statements like this. You need to take a seat and get your life, because she's no longer with T'Challa.
    It's offensive because it compares Storm to Taylor fucking Swift.

Eww.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogaflame View Post
    This.

Logan, at least pre-Schism, was a "Pan" archetype - natural, wild, unrestrained, not particularly caring what the civilized world thinks of him. He was a reveller in the Dionysian fashion; his idea of a good time involved drinking, sex, and fighting. He's been considered an animal-man for most of his life, closer to nature than he is to civilization. Under all that, though, was a strong sense of honor and loyalty to those he came to care for, implying that that, too, is a natural trait.

He seems to be losing a lot of that primalism now that he's a headmaster and an Avenger, but some of the natural elements remain.
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    This.

Logan, at least pre-Schism, was a "Pan" archetype - natural, wild, unrestrained, not particularly caring what the civilized world thinks of him. He was a reveller in the Dionysian fashion; his idea of a good time involved drinking, sex, and fighting. He's been considered an animal-man for most of his life, closer to nature than he is to civilization. Under all that, though, was a strong sense of honor and loyalty to those he came to care for, implying that that, too, is a natural trait.

He seems to be losing a lot of that primalism now that he's a headmaster and an Avenger, but some of the natural elements remain.
    Yeah. I love classic Wolvie, but he definitely has lost his edge with the Hugh Jackmanification, joining the Avengers and crying about saving the children. So while I'm defending his core character, I can totally understand why anyone would hate his modern incarnation.
    Breathe deep, seek peace!

http://levarnu.deviantart.com/

Dooooooooop

Forge will always be Storm's true love. Wolverine is meant to be with The Dazzler.

Herself

Sam Wilson, the Falcon.

† LINSUS X ZAYNT MALIK † Chase_Stein's Avatar

YUKIO is everyone's true love. She has that effect.
    "It doesn’t matter [if] you’re...Asian..., you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try." - Obama

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Sam Wilson, the Falcon.
    didn't Cable kill him in X-Sanction?

Wolverine and Storm forever!

Ororo Munroe: I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul -- where it truly matters -- I soar higher than the stars!