Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: CBR's 2011 Guide To Free Comic Book Day

The comic industry's summer giveaway is still going strong ten years in, and CBR News is on hand to celebrate with a roundup of events coast-to-coast, live coverage, extensive previews of all Free Comic Book Day Gold offerings and more!

Full article here.

See, this is what I don't get. Atomic Robo from Red5 Comics has been THE best FCBD story for the last three years running, and all indications are that the trend is going to continue tomorrow, and they can't even get shown.

What's up with that?

The article just shows the Gold Sponsors. Red 5 is a Silver Sponsor.

ATOMIC ROBO & FRIENDS

PUBLISHER: RED 5 COMICS
    (W) Brian Clevinger (A) Scott Wegener
    When Atomic Robo agrees to guest-judge the National Science Fair, it draws a lot of attention... including the evil Helsingard. When the explosions fly, Robo forgets the most important rule of all - never work with children! Plus: Previews of 2011 adventures of Red 5 favorites and new faces!

Pages: 32, FC
    FREE!

Washington.... the state not the place with the monuments.

I wonder how kids today would like Ramos' art. I wonder what a 14 year old would get out of that today.

gonna pick up the Amazing Spiderman issue, other than that I am not sure.

Nobody had the Fantagraphics Mickey Mouse comic by the time I got there. I was really looking forward to that. Couldn't find the Langridge/Samnee Thor/Cap comic either, but I wouldn't be nearly as disappointed by that if I had that Mickey Mouse comic. I did find an awesome free Alt Comics anthology that the FCBD website hadn't even listed. I found it at the smoke shop, I don't know if the LCS even knew about it. I was able to find the first issue of Bulletproof Coffin (again, at the smoke shop) so that was a nice surprise. Couldn't find the latest issue of Orc Stain though.

I was going to get the Star Wars issue, but my FLCS didn't have it by the time that I arrived, so I got the Mouse Guard issue instead. Found a whole lot of Knights of the Dinner Table issues that I'll get to tomorrow after I see what I have already.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Fine View Post
    Nobody had the Fantagraphics Mickey Mouse comic by the time I got there. I was really looking forward to that. Couldn't find the Langridge/Samnee Thor/Cap comic either, but I wouldn't be nearly as disappointed by that if I had that Mickey Mouse comic. I did find an awesome free Alt Comics anthology that the FCBD website hadn't even listed. I found it at the smoke shop, I don't know if the LCS even knew about it. I was able to find the first issue of Bulletproof Coffin (again, at the smoke shop) so that was a nice surprise. Couldn't find the latest issue of Orc Stain though.
    The Mickey Mouse book was the only one I wasn't able to get.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

I picked up the free spiderman and archie comic. I also bought back issues of wonder woman and fantastic four issues I've been looking for.

The LCS I went to would only allow 5 per customer, so I got Spider-man, the Tick, Super Dinosaur, Green Lantern (for the Flashpoint preview), and Silver Scorpion.
    V: I'm the good kind of terrorist. The kind that tortures people and blows things up. ...wait.

Alan Moore: I'm a bloody genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Borngamer View Post
    The LCS I went to would only allow 5 per customer, so I got Spider-man, the Tick, Super Dinosaur, Green Lantern (for the Flashpoint preview), and Silver Scorpion.
    Yo, can you tell me if there is any new pages in the Green Lantern issue? or is it just old content?

Damn, completely missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by zedzero View Post
    Yo, can you tell me if there is any new pages in the Green Lantern issue? or is it just old content?
    Old content from the secret origins arc. Like I said, I only got it for the flashpoint preview.
    V: I'm the good kind of terrorist. The kind that tortures people and blows things up. ...wait.

Alan Moore: I'm a bloody genius!

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

I missed the entire event!!! Is there any way to order the free comic book day issues?
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    I missed the entire event!!! Is there any way to order the free comic book day issues?
    I think they're still free actually.