Page 45 of 109 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

I love the Juan Jose Ryp artwork for issue #17. Its a exciting action pose but who is the crazy guy with the knife?
    I like the perspective used in the Barrows/Ferreira cover art for issue #19 but the pose used in the Sampere/Cifuentes cover artwork for issue #18 feels generic like we've seen it 100 times before.
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

That's her wacky criminally insane brother James Jr. on the cover.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    That's her wacky criminally insane brother James Jr. on the cover.
    Wacky. Now I'm picturing him being sort of the Sideshow Bob to Babs' Bart.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Solicits for Batgirl #20:

Written by: Gail Simone
    Art by: Fernando Pasarin
    Cover by: Eddy Barrows & Eber Ferreira
    On sale May 15
    "There's no time to catch your breath after last issue's shocking ending as an emotionally unstable Batgirl must confront one of Batman's most violent foes: The Ventriloquist!"
    I'm getting a little tired of the scary as hell covers and stories.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Reminds me of Junior.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Solicits for Batgirl #20:

I'm getting a little tired of the scary as hell covers and stories.
    Maybe the Movement will scratch Gail's horror Secret Six itch and the book could become a tad lighter...
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain" Steven Pinker

My biggest disappointment with Batgirl from the start has been the art (aside from the six initial covers by the great AH!, of course).
    Haven't loved what Gail is writing either- wish it was more fun- so I've actually dropped it (which is incredible, since I'd wanted a Barb-as-Batgirl book for so long).
    I've seen some Pasarin art in the past, however, and have been very impressed. I'll be picking this up for his take, and my guess is that this will be the best looking Barbara Batgirl we've seen.

Dang, Trilogy of Terror anyone?!

That pic could give nightmares, and I LOVE it!
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    Wacky. Now I'm picturing him being sort of the Sideshow Bob to Babs' Bart.
    If James Jr spoke like Side Show Bob, that would just rule. Now I won't be able to see James Jr. without hearing Kelsey Grammer delivering his lines.

"Well Babs, I have decided to get to the heart of the matter of our sibling rivalry" James points a gun at the middle of Babs' chest. "As the Bard said, a coward dies many times before his death. Babs, you will always be brave." Bob chuckles with self satisfaction. He then spins around and holds his hand up like a great orator "To die:—to sleep: No more; and, by a sleep to say we end. The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks....OWWW. By then, Batgirl brakes a shovel over his head. She looks down and says "good night for now, brother dear."
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    If James Jr spoke like Side Show Bob, that would just rule. Now I won't be able to see James Jr. without hearing Kelsey Grammer delivering his lines.

"Well Babs, I have decided to get to the heart of the matter of our sibling rivalry" James points a gun at the middle of Babs' chest. "As the Bard said, a coward dies many times before his death. Babs, you will always be brave." Bob chuckles with self satisfaction. He then spins around and holds his hand up like a great orator "To die:—to sleep: No more; and, by a sleep to say we end. The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks....OWWW. By then, Batgirl brakes a shovel over his head. She looks down and says "good night for now, brother dear."
    I agree we need more villains haming it up.
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain" Steven Pinker

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post

For some reason those lines reminded me of the character of Upchuck from the Daria cartoon, which means Barbara now sounds like Daria to me.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post

Dang, Trilogy of Terror anyone?!

That pic could give nightmares, and I LOVE it!
    Peyton what did they do to you? :( Ugh Dini/Nguyen's was so classy-scary. This is just too much. lol

Great news! Comichron is reporting that Batgirl #16 sold around 72,470 copies.
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...3/2013-01.html

Hopefully a good number of those readers will be retained for the future issues.

Also, it seems that Batgirl: Year One is finally getting a reprint along with Robin: Year One. It's expected to release in June so pre-order it today!

Woo-Hoo, that is great news (as usual)!

For January 2013, here is Batgirl's ranking amongst the other bat-titles:

1. Batman: 145,923
    2. Detective Comics: 92,300
    3. Batman And Robin: 81,494
    4. Batgirl: 72,470 (3rd consecutive month in the top four!)
    5. Nightwing: 69,643
    6. Teen Titans: 63,726
    7. Red Hood And The Outlaws: 59,621
    8. Batman The Dark Knight: 58,258
    9. Batman And Robin Annual: 52,244
    10. Batman Incorporated: 50,345
    11. Batwoman: 34,103
    12. Catwoman: 33,915
    13: Talon: 30,909
    14: Birds Of Prey: 23,182
    15: Legends Of The Dark Knight: 22,671
    16: Batman Beyond Unlimited: 17,446
    17: Batman Arkham Unhinged: 16,113
    18: Batwing: 13,427

Also for January 2013, here is Batgirl's ranking for female led titles:

1. Batgirl: 72,470 (5th consecutive month in a row at #1!)
    2. Wonder Woman: 40,105
    3. Batwoman: 34,103
    4. Catwoman: 33,915
    5. Worlds' Finest: 30,399
    6. Supergirl: 30,350
    7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 9 Freefall: 23,219
    8: Birds Of Prey: 23,182
    9. Captain Marvel: 19,151
    10. Red She-Hulk: 18,815

Batgirl continues to be a SMASH SUCCESS for the New 52!!! To celebrate further, here's a cute chibi-Batgirl I saw on deviantART I wanted to share:

Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 02-19-2013 at 10:28 AM.
    Pull list:

World's Finest is down to 30k? It's only a matter of time before the inevitable!