Page 38 of 110 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I finally got ahold of Batgirl #13 and I was wondering... am I supposed to know who those three lawyer people at the end of the issue were? The ones getting the crooks out of jail and asking them to kill Batgirl?

Who were they? Thanks for not giving me name tag captions or something at least. It's a page turn as if it's supposed to be some big reveal, but I have no idea who they are.

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

Lol, they were Knightfall's henchmen; Katharsis, Bonebreaker, and Bleak Michael. I guess it could have been a bit throwing as they were out of their super villian spandex and also in their civvies drawn by Benes for the first time.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Lol, they were Knightfall's henchmen; Katharsis, Bonebreaker, and Bleak Michael. I guess it could have been a bit throwing as they were out of their super villian spandex and also in their civvies drawn by Benes for the first time.
    Geez, I was wondering if one of them was freaking Lucius Fox, that's how little idea I had. And I thought maybe the middle one was Talia... I really had no idea.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Bumping this thread to show off the team-up that I never realized I desperately wanted until I saw it.

Bigger version here.

That pic is great! For some reason my favorite Marvel team-up I want for Bab's is to have her fight side by side with Squirrel Girl:

Like Aquaman, this hero has the power to order squirrel's to do her bidding enmasse!

What's interesting about Squirrel Girl is that she remains undefeated and has actually defeated BOTH Doctor Doom and Thanos on her own (with the help of LOTS of squirrels)!

Sigh - what I wouldn't give for a Squirrel Girl ongoing!
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 11-06-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

I haven't seen any numbers from Diamond yet, but I just read that Batgirl #13 is going back for a second printing! Not only that, it will have a brand new variant cover by Ed Benes!
    Pull list:

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I haven't seen any numbers from Diamond yet, but I just read that Batgirl #13 is going back for a second printing! Not only that, it will have a brand new variant cover by Ed Benes!
    I know the simple minded perv in me comes out with Benes but I can't help it. I love the way he draws the females.

And while we are on the topic, Benes would kill at illustrating a Squirrel Girl comic. Sweet, well rounded, posing coyly with that tail...
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Batgirl continues to do great, now on digital. In the latest monthly digital round up from DC, Batgirl was #7. Now she had two books but before, she wasn't listed at all. So not only is she in the top 20, but doing well. Obviously her success in the floppy is translating to fans that are on digital (like our's truly) More evidence that as long as Simone is at the helm, the book will continue to grow and do well.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

October sales numbers are now officially up at Comichron: http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...2/2012-10.html

I've posted all DC female centric solo and team titles for the month of October:

Batgirl...............50,074
    Wonder Woman....43,731
    Catwoman...........40,147
    Batgirl Annual....39,017
    Batwoman...........37,315
    Worlds' Finest......35,951
    Supergirl.............29,450
    Birds Of Prey.......25,851
    Ame Comi Girls.....24,966
    Sword of Sorcery.21,552

Woo-hoo! Batgirl's a PLAYAH!!! Batgirl's solo title is now the #1 best selling DC female title 2 months running! And she had the 4th best selling for her first annual! This could be the start of a trend!
    Last edited by batGRRRl4ever; 11-12-2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: add
    Pull list:

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Ugh...Supergirl's really seemed to be dropping. Hopefully the Superman crossover gives it a boost.

Regardless, it's fantastic to see Batgirl pulling strong numbers and I'm also glad to see her annual sold well. It was probably my favorite issue of the series so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    More evidence that as long as Simone is at the helm, the book will continue to grow and do well.
    Yep, Ms. Simone made DC $344,416.09 for the two books she put out for just the ONE month of October 2012. It's funny how the books haters say the writing is so laughingly bad, as Gail and DC are simply laughing all the way to the bank on the books success!
    Pull list:

October sales numbers are now officially up at Comichron: http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...2/2012-10.html

I've posted all DC female centric solo and team titles for the month of October:

Batgirl...............50,074
    Wonder Woman....43,731
    Catwoman...........40,147
    Batgirl Annual....39,017
    Batwoman...........37,315
    Worlds' Finest......35,951
    Supergirl.............29,450
    Birds Of Prey.......25,851
    Ame Comi Girls.....24,966
    Sword of Sorcery.21,552

Woo-hoo! Batgirl's a PLAYAH!!! Batgirl's solo title is now the #1 best selling DC female title 2 months running! And she had the 4th best selling for her first annual! This could be the start of a trend!
    Holy Crap! Batgirl KICKED ASS last month. She is over 50k! This is great. I am worried about Supergirl and Sword of Sorcery. I like both those books a lot. I do recognize that Supergirl is sort of just plodding along. Maybe this current event will help. I like the character but the book needs some push. If I remember correctly, Wonder Woman and Batwoman are about the same in sales.

I do see Birds of Prey continues to lose readers.....Paging Gail Simone, Paging Gail Simone.

Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robbin View Post
    Holy Crap! Batgirl KICKED ASS last month. She is over 50k! This is great. I am worried about Supergirl and Sword of Sorcery. I like both those books a lot. I do recognize that Supergirl is sort of just plodding along. Maybe this current event will help. I like the character but the book needs some push. If I remember correctly, Wonder Woman and Batwoman are about the same in sales.

I do see Birds of Prey continues to lose readers.....Paging Gail Simone, Paging Gail Simone.
    Glad to see Batgirl doing so well!

I blame part of Birds of Prey losing readers is cause of the team losing 2 members really quickly....first Ivy (which almost made me leave, if not for Starling and Duane saying Ivy will be back) and now Katana. Both because other people wanted to use them is my guess, so the editors say he had to drop them. (thats may guess).

But glad to see Batgirl doing well. I have always been a fan of Gail, and I saw her last year at comic-con, on a Gay in comics pannel, and we talked she was so nice!
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Glad to see Batgirl doing so well!

I blame part of Birds of Prey losing readers is cause of the team losing 2 members really quickly....
    I put it squarely on the current writers bad writing, period. Notice that Batgirl last month got DOUBLE in sales what BOP did, even though the same character is in both of those books. That's pretty telling, and IMO D.S. should get yanked and just let Gail Simone take over both Batgirl and Birds Of Prey.
    Pull list:

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

I put it squarely on the current writers bad writing, period. Notice that Batgirl last month got DOUBLE in sales what BOP did, even though the same character is in both of those books. That's pretty telling, and IMO D.S. should get yanked and just let Gail Simone take over both Batgirl and Birds Of Prey.
    Dude, Batgirl last month was a tie-in prelude and had a specialty cover. I doubt Gail Simone taking over Birds Of Prey would make much of a difference, last series fell to the 25k range too. Though it still stayed in the top 100. Still, BoP is doing what its always done. U got an all female cast team book, its never been a blockbusting seller.