Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tim, I just saw ParaNorman this weekend with my 12-year-old son and we both loved it! Too much to look at in one setting of course, so it will get repeated viewings. Amazing sets and I love the character designs. I really love that there are no straight lines in any of the vehicles, architecture, etc. , reinforcing the hand-made aspect of the film and stop motion in general.

We waited through the credits and saw your name at the top of the model shop list. That sounds like such a cool job to have, I would love to be doing what you do! Congratulations to you and Laika on an exceptional film!

Loved it! Can't wait to see it again. Congrats! It's so visually sumptuous...
    "Hi. I have pants on."

"It's a Fez. I wear a Fez now... Fez's are cool."

I saw it yesterday (it only debuted yesterday in Portugal) and it was awesome! Really fun stuff, can't wait to go see it again!

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post
    Our very own Guy Davis did some early conceptuals on this as well...curious to see if any of it made the "Art of ..." book.
    Here's his concept art from the film:
    Judge 01
    Judge 02
    Judge 03
    Norman
    Poster Concept
    Puritan Zombies
    Pastor Zombie
    Pastor's Wife Zombies
    Puritan Zombie
    Gossip Zombie
    Sheriff Zombie

Man, that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Tim View Post
    Well, an official release date was announced today for the film that I've been working on for the past 8 months (with about 10 more months to go):

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/05/0...ne-paranorman/

Guess that means we'll have to finish the damn thing

The two picture deal news is also rather encouraging - with any luck, it looks like I could be staying in Portland for a while.

What we've seen of the film so far looks fantastic - I don't think I've been this proud of the work that I've been doing in a while. Can't wait to see the finished film!
    Hey Tim, I'll have to see this at some point, most likely on DVD now. One of the co-directors, Chris Butler, was in the same class as me doing Art Foundation course at Hugh Baird College back in 1992 if I remember correctly hehe. He often talked about his aim to work for Disney, really pleased to see his dream come true :D If you see him, tell him John still teaches there and I work in the library there now, I helped John's class last year as an academic support worker too ;)
    -- Tim B
    "Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons."