Page 6 of 340 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    My back issues from yesterday....

Superman 323

I also picked up Spectacular Spider-Man 43 which is the 1st app of Kingsley who would become the Hobgoblin.
    Is that PPSSM the Belladona issue?

Love that Atomic Skull guy!!! Is he dead? How come they never reused that guy?

Picked up another LB Cole book last night: POPULAR TEEN-AGERS 23 CGC 5.0

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian VI View Post
    Great comics guys! Today I've got a DC Horror lot...gotta love some of these covers (although the stories inside aren't always as good)!

The Weird Mystery #2 (w/Titanic on cover) had a nice surprise....a Jack Kirby story!

I tried reading some of the horror comics from the late 60's and early 70's awhile ago. Some were fairly good but a lot were just awful. So I collect the horror comics with cool covers and there's a lot of them, several in the bunch you just picked up.

Found these at the antique toy store downtown. I thought I'd never find an Inferior 5 #1 in great shape and at a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumdrop Man View Post

Found these at the antique toy store downtown. I thought I'd never find an Inferior 5 #1 in great shape and at a decent price.
    really cool Gumdrop Man!

some tips i recommend (where possible) ** get to know the owner/manager of the stores as often they have stock they dont put out and will put it aside for you or at the very least let you have first dibs on it. also ask if their prices are negotiable? or at the least could they give you a discount if you buy more? or come in regularly? also ask them how often they get stuff in as it can vary dramatically store to store.

anyways, great pics --- glad you found the comic you so much wanted -- even better that it was at a decent price (those are the best kind imho)!

I've shopped there for a few years now and know the owners pretty well. I'm sure there are times they buy comics knowing I may want them.
    Thanks for the tips, though.
    And I'd like to ask if you've read the Protectors or Arrow comics. I've seen them but never picked any up. I might if they're any good. Also, why did you buy 3 issues of Bombast? Just curious because I'm fairly certain the resale value on those isn't much.

I've shopped there for a few years now and know the owners pretty well. I'm sure there are times they buy comics knowing I may want them.
    And I'd like to ask if you've read the Protectors or Arrow comics. I've seen them but never picked any up. I might if they're any good. Also, why did you buy 3 issues of Bombast? Just curious because I'm fairly certain the resale value on those isn't much.
    i bought those at the weekend when i went to a secondhand bookstore. it wasnt about the potential resale value of the comics. strictly just for fun and enjoyment as i spent maybe an hour or so in the store (a long time as i usually only have a few minutes to spend running around the isles) and sat with the comics for a long time and went through many boxes and ended up putting the ones i thought might be interesting to read or have a flick through in a stack off to the side.

also i don't always think consciously so if i see something i like i end up often choosing the same thing over and over again. all up i bought a large box of comics silver age through to modern. spent more than i had intended but the manager gave me a nifty discount which was most welcome. plus i can always give the doubles to a lcs or charity.

you mean the comic with the guy with arrow on the front? i had a look through it and thought it was great. very enjoyable as were the green hornet comics i bought. i read them a few hours ago and it reminded me why i love comics.

A bunch of Byrne and Arcudi Doom Patrol issues
    Suicide Squad volume 1
    Serenity: Better Days
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

OMG! I see an appearance of.... THE RINGER! Sweet.........
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

One of two copies of Iron Man (1968) No.2 that I recently acquired. This one would be somewhere around a FINE+ or an increment higher and is the lesser grade of the two copies (the other is a VF+). I took this copy as well because it only cost $12.19. Some people's indifference about these books make me smile. I've already been offered $30 for it but I declined

1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Great pickup. Those early IM's are very affordable.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!