Page 52 of 340 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Lost in strange worlds Hierocles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Maurice View Post
    I'm grateful you responded to my query. Your recommendation is good enough for me; those Tales are about to be TOLD!

Your MHC pitch could be a tiny bit more subtle though.
    It read like a terrible infomercial, you're right... I edited. ;)

Soul Gem Resident adam_warlock_2099's Avatar

There is nothing quite like an alien being that has females to do his bidding. It's a concrete fact in science fiction and comics that women do it best.
    "To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
    "You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adam_warlock_2099 View Post
    There is nothing quite like an alien being that has females to do his bidding. It's a concrete fact in science fiction and comics that women do it best.
    It's not the size of the spaceship, it's the motion of the ocean.

*cranks up Extraterrestrial by Katy Perry*
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Recent underground purchases

"If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

4 recent additions...all high-grade, averaging VF. Delighted with the Daredevil 16 which happens to be the harder to find 10d UK variant. Bought these with profits derived from whoring other books. Rushed this photo with the camera in my cellphone which seems to photograph people better than comics

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by adam_warlock_2099 View Post
    it is a very strange issue, that WF, even as far as strange goes. lots of women doing the bidding of a decidedly odd alien, and then an even odder ending where one of the 'super-sons' has to kiss each female to bring them out of the aliens power!

Quote Originally Posted by oscarhardwick View Post
    Nice to be here. I have bought a few more classic comics recently aswell, and I don't know if people will agree with the principle for me doing so but there was no real reasoning for which comics they were minus I loved their look and covers. I will of course read them, I want to know what comics used to be like, see what has changed over the years especially as I am so new to the medium.

I am also moving house soon and will have the largest room at my disposal and wanted a few really attractive older comics for display as artwork on the walls all framed up.

The more recent purchases I have made are :

- Detective Comics #449
    - Superman #211 (A really nice find in good condition and reasonably priced)
    - Firestorm #1 1st app

All of these comics have really visually appealing and/or interesting cover art and so I couldnt really help myself.

I hope your flu is on the mend zryson.

Oscar.

(I am home tomorrow and should be able to sort out pictures)

hi oscar; alot of people do what you do, buying comics for the look/comic. when i visit stores - lcs, secondhand, antique etc often alot of the older comics arent really in my frame of expertise too much because many of them were before my time on this planet, so often all i have to go off, is what the cover or look inside the pages might be like. like yourself, i too was curious what comics used to be like, and boy its an eye opener isnt it - seeing how the stories/art has changed, the way the letter col's are structured and the interaction between the editors/fans.

i hope my flu is on the mend soon too - been sick for around a week now, feeling very crappy still. but glad you are here and hope you gave a great time on cbr!

Quote Originally Posted by DubipR View Post
    Recent underground purchases

Those look insane and awesome.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Four classic monsters....one classic pose.

Some UK variants, all averaging VF/NM...these came from England and includes the only Man-Thing I own (thank you lusty warlock!)

My LCS had a "rummage sale" this past weekend, clearing out old back issues for 10 cents each or $15 for a short box stuffed with whatever would fit in it (and you keep the box).

I picked up several complete runs including: Marvel's Quasar (all 60 issues), DC's Primal Force & DC/Milestone's Static Shock (missing #14) & Shadow Cabinet, Impact!'s Crusaders & Hangman, several old Eclipse series including Total Eclipse, Airboy, & Next Wave, and other smaller bits and pieces.

All together, about 208 comics & a brand new short box for $15. Nothing highly valuable, but hopefully there's some good reading in there.

Nice score on the Quasar! That's one I'd be interested in.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Those are some darn nice looking books there Jez. As much as I like the really high grade books, I often don't have the patience to find them or buy them (higher grade = higher price = fewer books bought) so I usually settle for "good enough".

I need to get that Daredevil issue, although I prefer the gool ol' US version.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewP View Post
    I need to get that Daredevil issue, although I prefer the gool ol' US version.
    The only difference is the cover price...everything else is the same which is why it still counts as DD #16.