Page 5 of 340 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    *choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron King View Post
    If I remember, those colors were pretty bad. Possibly done under the influence? Don't drink and draw.
    Well, I like 'em just fine.

Which may not mean much -- I mean, I also like Brother Power the Geek just fine, after all -- but still ...
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    I've got 2 pieces of his original art, & as soon as I get organized (ha!) I really need to frame & hang his Bizarro drawing (which he colored & everything, indicating that he likes me more than you, you silly British person) in particular.

Well, mine included a heartfelt and tender message written especially for ME, indicating that he regards you as just another ignorant yankee-doodle dandy, while I command his full respect with my elloquent use of "the Queen's English" and bad teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusilla lives! View Post
    Ditto... though I must commend Confessor on the choice of the light-tan Berber... nothing beats Berber's durability, and that neutral color goes with almost any decor.

Thank you, thank you...you're too kind. My carpet really provides that mid-'80s, strip-light soaked, corporate office feel…which I'm sure we all find so comforting and homely.
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City • Kick-Ass 3 • Star Wars: Dark Times • Superior Spider-Man

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

Now that E-Bay has replaced the second-hand bookshop around here, this doesn't happen often... But a charity sale this morning landed me these six comics from France:

Sierra contains comics apparently translated from Spanish (as guns go ! Bang !); Le Saint is apparently of British origin as far as I can tell from the art style ***edit- I was wrong, there's a word balloon in Swedish in there!***; Lucky is a translated version of Archie. (It's however a funny version because unlike the Quebec-translated Archie, this one changes all the name. Would you believe that Jughead's name is "Serge"?).

The big surprise in this lot is the Toutsy book. It has Archie on the cover, but contains a 40-odd pages story that I would bet was drawn by a young Michel Greg (creator of Achille Talon / Walter Melon). It's still a bit rough, but all the Greg mannerisms are there, and nobody has such a kinetic way of drawing a humor strip.

All of that for $1.50, and it goes to charity. Wooo-hoooo!!!
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

Mickey Mouse and Goofy Explore Energy Conservation (1978)
    Sergio Aragones Massacres Marvel (1996)

Quote Originally Posted by Roquefort Raider View Post
    Le Saint is apparently of British origin as far as I can tell from the art style;
    i doubt thats British, it looks European (coming from a native of the brit isles)

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CromagnonMan View Post
    i doubt thats British, it looks European (coming from a native of the brit isles)
    You're correct, there's a word balloon in Swedish in there.
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Roquefort Raider View Post
    Now that E-Bay has replaced the second-hand bookshop around here, this doesn't happen often... But a charity sale this morning landed me these six comics from Belgium:

Sierra contains comics apparently translated from Spanish (as guns go ! Bang !); Le Saint is apparently of British origin as far as I can tell from the art style ***edit- I was wrong, there's a word balloon in Swedish in there!***; Lucky is a translated version of Archie. (It's however a funny version because unlike the Quebec-translated Archie, this one changes all the name. Would you believe that Jughead's name is "Serge"?).

The big surprise in this lot is the Toutsy book. It has Archie on the cover, but contains a 40-odd pages story that I would bet was drawn by a young Michel Greg (creator of Achille Talon / Walter Melon). It's still a bit rough, but all the Greg mannerisms are there, and nobody has such a kinetic way of drawing a humor strip.

All of that for $1.50, and it goes to charity. Wooo-hoooo!!!
    awesome Roquefort Raider! charity sales can be a good source of finding older comics (as well as some of the newer ones) depending on size and where they are sourcing the comics from.

Veteran Member

definitely the Roger Moore Saint there isn't it.

stuff from the secondhand bookstores

Quote Originally Posted by CromagnonMan View Post
    Isn't that the same thing, British and European ?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Isn't that the same thing, British and European ?
    no, uk and european (i.e. continental) comics are completely different both stylistically and in terms of content. those have the gaudy european style covers which i used to see when i went on holiday in europe. those and funny animals/disney comics the europeans love those. and i bet roger moore didnt get a 'euro' for his likeness being used on the cover!

we brits are probably europeans to the rest of the world, but we like to live in isolation from the rest of them unless there is a war.
    Last edited by CromagnonMan; 05-08-2011 at 06:38 AM.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Yesterdays back issues .....

Justice League of America #103

DC Special #18 (Earth Shattering Stories)

DC 100 Page Super Spectacular #21

Flash #199 (Vol.1)

Action Comics #415 & #469

Super Team Family #1 & #2

Superman #257 , #260 , #264 .
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusilla lives! View Post
    Ditto... though I must commend Confessor on the choice of the light-tan Berber... nothing beats Berber's durability, and that neutral color goes with almost any decor.
    i agree. and i like that more people are showing off their carpets. carpets and comics. quite a combination!

Great comics guys! Today I've got a DC Horror lot...gotta love some of these covers (although the stories inside aren't always as good)!

The Weird Mystery #2 (w/Titanic on cover) had a nice surprise....a Jack Kirby story!