Page 4 of 340 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface View Post
    Yeah, I'm sorry but charging for an autograph is just too much. One of the better ideas I have seen though is one from Greg Horn: he said he's sign whatever as long as I put some $$$ in a jar that he was going to donate to ACTOR or whatever it's called now. So I threw in $5. It's all good!

Hell - Geoff Darrow drew a sketch for me and did that very same thing! So I paid $10 for a neato sketch! Which, btw, was amazing to see him do as 1/2 the time he wasn't even looking at what he was doing!

Another guy that annoyed me was Arthur Sundyam. At SDCC (a looong way from Boston) I brought 1 book for him to sign and he wanted me to buy something from his table before signing (and waiting at least 20 min before finding that out too). Fair enough, but the cheapest thing was $20! Ini the end he did sign it anyhow, because I had been waiting, but still... not cool.
    I will help those who are signing for a charity or some deal there. But why should I pay you , when your already being paid to attend the Con ? I mean its not like Neal Adams drove or flew there for free. As one pal told me , he never viewed Neal Adams the same way since.

Personally If I ran into him , I'd say..."Yeah heres the $10 for signing that for me. I wanna snap a pic." If they quoted 20 bucks I'd say .."Well , I'm the CBR famous SUPERECWFAN1 and I charge creators here $40 bucks for pictures with me !"
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Exactly. I know that to some extent it may be an expense for a creator, especially those who aren't A-list, but guess what - we gave you our $$ when we BOUGHT the comic! FYI - that was the opinion of a creator that I was speaking with at the same con when I told him about what Neal was charging.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

BANNED

Today's lot is a nice one.....tons of MAN-THING! To me, this guy is one of those characters that just says "Bronze Age" to me. He really fit into that era very well, I'd say better than even Swamp Thing (pre-Alan Moore).

More Man-Thing comics....love the Giant-Size one's and also the team-up's with Spidey....who woulda thought they make such a great pair?

Dude! Great run! I love that GIANT SIZED MAN-THING!!! ;)

(No, that never gets old!)
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Latest Debbi goodness...almost done with the run.

"If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

My back issues from yesterday....

Avengers 150

Superman 322

Superman 323

Superman 333

I also picked up Spectacular Spider-Man 43 which is the 1st app of Kingsley who would become the Hobgoblin.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

1st Byrne She-Hulk trade.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    1st Byrne She-Hulk trade.
    Very nice artwork in this, though you can "see the seams" where it was put together from a 4-ish mini. A little disturbing, though, how the "videoed torture" scene from this is repeated in World of Metropolis with a teenage Lois.
    "It's just lines on paper, folks!"

NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar

This is not, strictly speaking, a purchase, but it's definitely an acquisistion. I got a copy of Weird Western Tales #26 through my door today. It was sent to me by our very own Aaron King who, upon seeing that I'd mentioned that I was trying to build up a complete run of Bronze Age Jonah Hex comics in another thread, offered me this issue of WWT that he happened to have sitting in his collection. Aaron also included a little note with a sketch of Hex on it, which was a really nice touch.

Anyway, I just wanted to publically say thanks to Aaron for sending me this and also remind all of us here what a great little community of classic comic fans we've got.

Three cheers for Aaron King!

MY PULL LIST
    Astro City Kick-Ass 3 Star Wars: Dark Times Superior Spider-Man

first of all great carpets everyone! and the comics - very very cool

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Aaron also included a little note with a sketch of Hex on it, which was a really nice touch.

Anyway, I just wanted to publically say thanks to Aaron for sending me this and also remind all of us here what a great little community of classic comic fans we've got.

Indeed. Along with being generous & thoughtful, he's also quite talented (& probably lovely, too), as your photo indicates. I've got 2 pieces of his original art, & as soon as I get organized (ha!) I really need to frame & hang his Bizarro drawing (which he colored & everything, indicating that he likes me more than you, you silly British person) in particular.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    ...his Bizarro drawing (which he colored & everything, indicating that he likes me more than you, you silly British person) in particular.
    If I remember, those colors were pretty bad. Possibly done under the influence? Don't drink and draw.

Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    This is not, strictly speaking, a purchase, but it's definitely an acquisistion. I got a copy of Weird Western Tales #26 through my door today. It was sent to me by our very own Aaron King who, upon seeing that I'd mentioned that I was trying to build up a complete run of Bronze Age Jonah Hex comics in another thread, offered me this issue of WWT that he happened to have sitting in his collection. Aaron also included a little note with a sketch of Hex on it, which was a really nice touch.

i concur. very very cool of aaron!

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    first of all great carpets everyone! ...
    Ditto... though I must commend Confessor on the choice of the light-tan Berber... nothing beats Berber's durability, and that neutral color goes with almost any decor.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Funnily enough, that square of carpet we see represent the entirety of the carpeting in Confessor's abode (except when he's lodging with his royal friends, of course).

True story!
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!