Page 256 of 340 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 5087

Just bought this on ebay. A bit of an impulse buy, but I couldn't pass up this cover, in this condition, for $50 including shipping. I've been thinking about trying out WOW for awhile and this was too good to pass up:

At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    Just bought this on ebay. A bit of an impulse buy, but I couldn't pass up this cover, in this condition, for $50 including shipping. I've been thinking about trying out WOW for awhile and this was too good to pass up:

Nice looking copy, Scott.
    Life is what you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    Very nice! Enjoy it!

--Tom
    My Favorites: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man

Almost Done Collecting ASM: Want issues 1, 3, 4, 8, 11, and 18 - Ann. 1 & 2

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cei-U! View Post
    Talk about a memory rush! I remember the day I bought that MCIC #22, where I bought it (the Piggly Wiggly on 64th and Yakima), who I was with (my brother), the weather (beautiful early summer day) and why I had money for comics (straight A's, back in those halcyon pre-algebraic days). I'd wanted to read the original Diablo story ever since seeing the Hanna-Barbera adaptation (Paul Frees was Ben Grimm!) and it did not disappoint. Happy, happy times. Thanks, 'bone!

Cei-U!
    I summon the flashback!
    Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Neat -- same here. Well, not the part about the Piggly Wiggly on 64th & Yakima (though there's a 1-in-5 chance, I guess, that I bought the issue at the Piggly Wiggly at U.S. 82 & Central) or distinctly remembering the day in question, but I did snare #22 when it was new.

Not sure why I bought this one, but I most certainly did; there's every good chance it was the 2nd FF story I ever read, since I recall buying only one issue of the actual series as a kid.I think I've still got my coverless copy.
    I read quite a few of the later FF reprint series, Marvel's Greatest Comics, but don't remember Mavel Collectors Items Classics at all. Did they reprint the entire stories with no pages deleted, unlike the 17-page MGC issues from the 70s ? I'm hoping the answer is yes, since MCIC seems to have been from the 60s when Marvel still had 20-page stories.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

MCIC became Marvel's Greatest Comics with ish #23, as it happens. Must've been complete reprints, because the GCD listing shows the Diablo reprint as 22 pages long.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

commando yank looks like he has a lot on his mind from that facial expression. Unless he sorts his head out i think hitler could take him.
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by dr chimp View Post
    commando yank looks like he has a lot on his mind from that facial expression. Unless he sorts his head out i think hitler could take him.
    He's worrying over whether "Yank" in this usage is a noun or a verb.

Who can blame him?
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

"No, no, Commando, we said beat up Adolf!"

Cei-U!
    Yeah, I went there!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    He's worrying over whether "Yank" in this usage is a noun or a verb.

Who can blame him?

a verb by the looks of that facial expression

i summon the erm... sloppy seconds of cei-u's innuendo
    "...so Hitler sends Iron Jaw's son to America to get revenge on Crimebuster." S.H.

"Mr. Scarlet & Pinky," indeed.

-- Reptisaurus!

IIRC, at least some of the Mr. Scarlet stories were by Simon & Kirby. So the strip has a decent pedigree at least, if not the greatest name...
    -JKC-
    Glorianna - Barbarian adventure! New page every Friday!

I bought a few books that are a little weird, for me anyway.

First up, a couple of Richard Comely post Captain Canuck mags: Star Riders and the Peace Machine 1 and 2. They appear to be comics based on the insane ramblings of a conspiracy theory he outlines in an essay contained in the issues. Something about Capitalist/Communist conspiracy to steal freedom from the world.

Also, a couple of "Tandra Ambums." One is numbered C -17 and titled "Wizard Realm." The other C - 19 "Quest for the Iron Cloud." I've never seen these before.

And last, Comics and Comix Magic Carpet "Voltar" #1. I assume this reprints much of the Voltar found elsewhere. 52 pages and pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Judomaster View Post

And last, Comics and Comix Magic Carpet "Voltar" #1. I assume this reprints much of the Voltar found elsewhere. 52 pages and pretty awesome.
    I have this, im told its not reprint material, which is probably a bonus for you. Some really nice artwork, alas its not a book length story there is other stuff in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by JKCarrier View Post
    IIRC, at least some of the Mr. Scarlet stories were by Simon & Kirby. So the strip has a decent pedigree at least, if not the greatest name...
    Mr. Scarlet was created by France Herron and Kirby. I don't see where Joe Simon ever worked on the strip though.

I've been busy putting a complete LB Cole cover listing, but not busy enough to stop me from getting these 2:

- pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!