Page 338 of 340 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340 LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 5087

A friend from work who retired a few years back gave me a nice run of Mad magazines #99 - #143 from the late sixties to early seventies in F+. Here is my favorite cover of the bunch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mad105_zpsdaa8788e.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	106706

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

I've been flipping spare ASM 700 variants and relieved my dealer of this VF/VF+ copy of Batman 222 which arrived today. Its only noticeable flaw is in the lower right corner. He got a good deal on it and passed it on to me...but still did not get one of my extra Quesada variant (have 2 copies).

1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZBarbarian View Post
    A friend from work who retired a few years back gave me a nice run of Mad magazines #99 - #143 from the late sixties to early seventies in F+. Here is my favorite cover of the bunch.

That is awesome man...love those classic Mad Magazine covers.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I love that era of Mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    I love that era of Mad.
    These are from before my time (The bunch includes my birth month 9/70). I am pretty stoked to read them.

It has also rejuvenated my interest in the Mad magazines I remember from my pre-teen days. The ones I really want to re-acquire that I remember are the Raiders of the Lost Ark, the Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Goonies and ET.

My buddy fondly remembers an issue which parodied 'The Rifleman,' where the rifleman rides into town and some random guy says somehting like, "Who you gonna shoot today, Lucas?, and gets the response "You, you loudmouthed troublemaker!." BLAM.
    Last edited by AZBarbarian; 01-03-2013 at 07:18 PM.

These are from before my time (The bunch includes my birth month 9/70). I am pretty stoked to read them.

It has also rejuvenated my interest in the Mad magazines I remember from my pre-teen days. The ones I really want to re-acquire that I remember are the Raiders of the Lost Ark, the Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Goonies and ET.

My buddy fondly remembers an issue which parodied 'The Rifleman,' where the rifleman rides into town and some random guy says somehting like, "Who you gonna shoot today, Lucas?, and gets the response "You, you loudmouthed troublemaker!." BLAM.
    I'm just a tad older than you (11/67) but I had significantly older brothers who read Mad and CarToons. I grew up reading those old mags.

That's about two years before I started. I borrowed issue 115 from Brian Walsh in the 4th grade, then bought probably every issue from 116 to around 175.

Like everything else, I think the best years for Mad were before I started reading it--late 50s-early 60s. (also, oddly, the period when Jack Davis wasn't there) Much as I love Kurtzman, Mad under Feldstein worked like nothing else and is an enormous success story, considering what he started with.
    "It's just lines on paper, folks!"

Name:	$(KGrHqRHJFUFDK,wSRe9BQ18cFG6Eg~~60_3.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	106738
    Just picked up this Avengers #2 - No cover but the rest of the book is really nice!!

Name:	all.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	106740
    New Year... Old Comics...

I just picked up Batman The Dark Knight Returns TPB and Silver Surfer Return of Thanos TPB at a Garage Sale for a buck each. Looks like some nice reading for me this weekend.
    30 cent variant set finally finished!

I bought that Batman-and-Robin issue of Mad off the stands when it was published. Still have it too. I agree that that was a great era for Mad.
    --
    Rob Allen

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    W.F # 235 is one of the first three comics I ever bought for myself.