Page 336 of 340 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340 LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 5087

Between the 20% off sale at Half Price Books and my LCS' discount store, I was able to get some stuff. The first big haul I have had in ages and probably will have for awhile to come.

Swamp Thing (Vol 1) #17-one step closer to having all of Vol 1. Still about 10 issues away.
    Master of Kung Fu #125- got this for a buck, It's midgrade. I haven't read it yet but this seems like an ignominous way for the series to end. The art is rather bland and I have not enjoyed much of Alan Zelenetz other issues i have seen.
    Marvel Two in One- #85 and #92
    The Thing #19
    Three issues of the early 90s "Vault of Horror" reprints
    Uncanny X-men #208
    Dazzler #3-4 and #25-26
    Thor #236
    Creatures on the Loose #26 featuring Thongor
    The Defenders #89, 106 and 123
    Marvel Super Action #13 reprints Captain America #111
    Marvel's Greatest Comics #40 and 65
    Spectacular Spider-man #58, 104, 109
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Some nice comics there! Thanks for posting them SUPERECWFAN1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    Love that issue of Love Stories. Nice pickup.
    Thanks guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel Bond View Post
    @ECW, Did your 238 come with the tattoos?

PS I want to bitch slap CM Punk and Paul Hayman
    At the price I bought it ($1.50/1.75 in there) I really didn't look to see if the tattoos were there. But once I got riding down the highway I opened and checked...and yep it has the tattoos. So I was happy.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Spent far too much today to obtain a near complete run of Byrne's Fantastic Four and Gerber's Howard the Duck, and also filled or nearly filled some old runs including Savage Sword of Conan #1-50, Doug Moench's run on Thor, and Moon Knight vol. 1.

It was a good day of comic book hunting with a great friend. Can't beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by shaxper View Post
    Spent far too much today to obtain a near complete run of Byrne's Fantastic Four and Gerber's Howard the Duck, and also filled or nearly filled some old runs including Savage Sword of Conan #1-50, Doug Moench's run on Thor, and Moon Knight vol. 1.

It was a good day of comic book hunting with a great friend. Can't beat it.
    Which shops did you hit on your southern Ohio sojourn?

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Which shops did you hit on your southern Ohio sojourn?
    The trip ended up being postponed on account of my four year old refusing to go to sleep until 5:30 in the morning. Slept in and went local instead. We hit York Comics, B&L Comics, and Comic Book Heaven, all in the Greater Cleveland area.

Still working out when we'll take the big road trip. Thanks again for your input!

Hey Kids--

Here are my Christmas presents that I received from my wonderful wife:

Amazing Spider-Man 107

Amazing Spider-Man 111

I am a very happy man! I just need three more Spideys to have a complete run from issue 31 to 700.

(If you would like to help me, I need 104, 106 and 135. I'm looking in the 8.5 to 9.4 range -- if it's 8.5 it's gotta have great eye appeal...)

All together -- I need 16 issues and 5 annuals to have a complete run of ASM.

I have been loving all of the comics and the stories and pictures!

Happy New Year!
    Tom
    My Favorites: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man

Almost Done Collecting ASM: Want issues 1, 3, 4, 8, 11, and 18 - Ann. 1 & 2

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Romero View Post
    Master of Kung Fu #125- got this for a buck, It's midgrade. I haven't read it yet but this seems like an ignominous way for the series to end. The art is rather bland and I have not enjoyed much of Alan Zelenetz other issues i have seen.
    Oh, it wasn't as bad as it could have been, all things considered. After the death of Gene Day and a few inventory issues, MoKF ended with a tone closer to the first few issues of the series. Here, I'm grateful that the title ended with Shang Chi retiring, instead of having some kind of "everybody dies" stunt that would have boosted sales minimally to the expense of an eventual new series.
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Roquefort Raider View Post
    Oh, it wasn't as bad as it could have been, all things considered. After the death of Gene Day and a few inventory issues, MoKF ended with a tone closer to the first few issues of the series. Here, I'm grateful that the title ended with Shang Chi retiring, instead of having some kind of "everybody dies" stunt that would have boosted sales minimally to the expense of an eventual new series.
    I finally read it today. I agree.It felt like a more traditional issue in tone and story. I did enjoy the story. William Johnson's art was decent. although Kupperberg's rendering of Shang-Chi was pretty bad
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

I just managed to cobble together a run of The Rider 1-5 which I didnt know existed. Love the Lone Rider and had missed that in 1957-8 he had a second series with Swift Arrow.

Happy New Year everyone!

I finally read it today. I agree.It felt like a more traditional issue in tone and story. I did enjoy the story. William Johnson's art was decent. although Kupperberg's rendering of Shang-Chi was pretty bad
    The big disappointment of those last three issues of MoKF is that the supporting cast did not get a full send off. Black Jack, Clive anr Leiko were as much a part of the series as Shang and after some 100+ issues they deserved their own special sendoff issue as well.

William Johnson had potential. I remember him doing a nice King Kull story in Savage Sword but I don't think he could hold deadlines.

Alan Zelenetz is a mixed bag. I highly recommend his King Conan run, 16-28, and he did a nice Thor annual or two but I guess he'll always be remembered as the guy Walt Simonson had to replace on the main Thor title itself. I seem to recall the few issues of Moon Knight Zelenetz did were not too hot either.

Anyhoo, MoKF #125? A well done issue that never could have been what it needed to have been.

Brian and so is my wife thetrellan's Avatar

Kupperberg's art prompted many gaps in my collection. I felt Shooter took a bottom line approach to art direction (and I get the impression he micro managed both his artists and his art director) and thereafter resolved never to buy an issue if it had art which didn't meet my standards, even if it meant breaking up a story. Wasn't always able to stick to my guns, though, because I definitely remember getting this issue.
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"

Quote Originally Posted by killerbass View Post
    Hey Kids--

Here are my Christmas presents that I received from my wonderful wife:

Amazing Spider-Man 107

Amazing Spider-Man 111

I am a very happy man! I just need three more Spideys to have a complete run from issue 31 to 700.

(If you would like to help me, I need 104, 106 and 135. I'm looking in the 8.5 to 9.4 range -- if it's 8.5 it's gotta have great eye appeal...)

All together -- I need 16 issues and 5 annuals to have a complete run of ASM.

I have been loving all of the comics and the stories and pictures!

Happy New Year!
    Tom
    Love this one. IMO the Romita Sr. run was the best of the series, especially the ones inked by J. R. himself.

His work with Kane was legendary. Probably why they did so many covers together, even after Romita became art director.
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Well this sucks. Just been told I can't buy a-n-y comics with my money. Pretty much meaning I gotta drop all my stuff and not buy any classics. I don't see how this is fair at all as my brother spent 45 on shoes he's already got :/ typical.
    I remember one time my mom wanted to throw away my collection, at the time a mere 100 comics strong. I had to promise not to buy any more for a year to prevent this travesty.

Well, a year rolled by and I proudly announced the successful completion of my literary fasting. My mother had no idea what I was talking about. She'd put it out of her head and forgotten all about it long ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Looking back, I think mom was worried about the lack of social interaction and not so much concerned that comics would rot my brain, which is what I thought at the time. Today they're expensive, so that may be behind your own problems, but if you make a point of being available when other people want or need you- basically try to enjoy the company of others- it might make your reading time less noticeable.

And frankly, people isolate too much these days. When I was a kid, that was unusual, and it turned out to be a big problem with me. It wasn't that people didn't like me, they did. It was that I had a way of letting life happen to me, so that what I got out of it was just what I ended up with, which wasn't so great.

S'all right, I'm not a total loser, and I ain't dead yet, just have a few regrets. Hey, how'd this become about me?

Anyhow, just a glimpse of some of what may be going through your parents' minds, if that helps.