Page 327 of 340 FirstFirst ... 227277317323324325326327328329330331337 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,905 of 5087

I love the old DC logo.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

DebkoX - Hi, I like the old DC logo too. Not a fan of the new DC logo. One of the cool things about buying comics in the International Division racks is seeing the DC logo and how its been used worldwide. One time I found some really cool Indonesian comics that featured DC superheroes and it came with a fancy poster inside and a nice colored DC logo. But I ended up giving that one away.

That International Batman and the Outsiders is odd - its the first issue of the series, and yet is actually number 7 in the overall series run.

Yeah, what I'm gonna struggle on thiugh is what to buy, I'm getting some new comics, what I usually do is plan what I buy however I'm just gonna go there and pick, how do u choose? I see most people here try getting full runs.
    One more thing, are back-issues really expensive or is it just te rare ones, I know it sounds naive but I see some of you guys (I include females) spending like $20 on a comic whilst I, in all truth am only willing to spend a max of £2 on a old back issue.
    Last edited by DebkoX; 12-18-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    One more thing, are back-issues really expensive or is it just te rare ones
    It varies a lot, based on how old they are, how "important" they are (for instance, the first appearance of a major character tends to be more expensive), and the condition.

As for how you choose, it depends on what your interest is. Trying to get a complete set of a long-running title can be a fun challenge, if that's what you're into. Other people concentrate on particular characters, or favorite artists. There's no "wrong" way to do it, just go after whatever seems fun to you.

If your main interest is just reading the stories, keep in mind that many old comics have been reprinted in book form, and those collections are often cheaper than buying the original issues.
    -JKC-
    Glorianna - Barbarian adventure! New page every Friday!

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

I'm so happy right now!

Got me some Alack Sinner... Now I have to prepare my body for José Muñoz's beautiful art.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

My wife picked up a book at a local thrift store:

The Art of Humorous Illustration by Nick Meglin

If the author's name sounds familiar, it's because he was an associate editor at Mad magazine for many years. This profusely illustrated book has chapters devoted to a dozen artists: Sergio Aragones, Paul Coker, Jack Davis, Mort Drucker, Gerry Gersten, Johnny Hart, Al Jaffee, Bob Jones, Donald Reilly, Norman Rockwell, Arnold Roth and Maurice Sendak. I'm looking forward to reading this.
    --
    Rob Allen

Yeah, what I'm gonna struggle on thiugh is what to buy, I'm getting some new comics, what I usually do is plan what I buy however I'm just gonna go there and pick, how do u choose? I see most people here try getting full runs.
    One more thing, are back-issues really expensive or is it just te rare ones, I know it sounds naive but I see some of you guys (I include females) spending like $20 on a comic whilst I, in all truth am only willing to spend a max of £2 on a old back issue.
    Welcome to the club, brother. A LOT of here are dedicated cheapskates. 2 pounds is about three American dollars? That's about what I'll generally pay, s'well. (Although I hear it's harder to find back issues in the UK.)
    MarkAndrew at Comics Should Be Good
    All my life, my Great Dream has been to grow a triangular head - Roy Thomas

DebkoX - How do you choose? Well it depends what your interests are? I think most people have a sense of what they are willing to pay. And if you feel you are paying too much, then don't buy it. That's my advice because cheap comics are easy to find. Sometimes it just takes a little patience.

Well my LCS has two huge sides of marvel/DC and I got some spider-woman for like £1 in great condition, in all truth I'm not gonna be doing something like searching for let's say the x-men run 1970.

A lot of the comics I buy are really cheap. Around your price range, mostly less. I have a lot of dollar comics. I tend to buy them in small lots that come out to about a dollar each. I have spent a few hundred on a comic once or twice, but it's definitely not something I make a habit of. Once you have a large enough want list you'll always find something on it for cheap.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Thanks buddy, it's just there are so many and I can't wait! 13 days!!

DebkoX - if you are a bit unsure, ideally what I recommend is take only enough to cover the minimum purchases you want to spend. Also have a rough idea of what you are looking to buy/spend. As that helps narrow it down. I think probably the best advice I can give is also don't be afraid to ask questions. If you're unsure of something when you are at the store, ask. Maybe they can do a deal if you buy a certain title or a select number of comics. A lot of people feel intimated when it comes to asking questions, but as I always remind people, you don't really have anything to lose. People are pretty flexible when it comes to most things.