Page 322 of 340 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 5087
    Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

I'll add to the British variants...here's Amazing Spider-Man #98, getting a high grade UK 1/- variant is tough but this one came with a bonus, a double-cover....

1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Wow, nice Jez!

One of my more ambitious bulk buys in recent times, all of these 75 Archies are from 1974-75 and in great shape as they were just stored away without much handling. After all costs are factored in, each book cost 66c...

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Wow more Archie goodness! I saw a lot of older Archie at the stores but I opted to buy more recent (from the past 16 years) Archies as the kids tend to like those more at the charity stores whereas the adults tend to gravitate towards the older Archie. They're kind of fun too - the Archie comics. Veronica is so precious whereas Betty is like Snow White, all pure goodness. Archie is the boy in the middle and Jughead seems to be the party boy.

That Phantom comic I bought has an interesting back story to it which I needed the Internet to clear up the mystery of. Looking at it, I thought maybe it could be an old rare Phantom considering the layout and the price of 6d on the cover. But its actually a replica edition from 1992. Now here is where it gets a little tricky - the original, which was printed in 1948 has the same exact artwork and layout but has Phantom in a grey costume. Whereas the replica edition from 1992 has him in his famous purple costume. Because both the original and replica are so alike, besides the costume color, many people when they put it up for sale mistakenly believe they are offering the 1948 edition whereas its actually the replica... and here is the really sad part of the whole thing, because the replica looks so alike to the original many Phantom fans have been fooled into paying thousands for the replica thinking they are buying an original!

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    From the international division comes The Phantom - and a most confusing series (least for me to understand).

Wow, that's pretty cool. How big is it?
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Best way I could describe it, its about the size of brick. But not nearly as thick. When I saw it, it was in a big box full of comics from around the world, old magazine stuff, comics journals, etc. When I first looked at it, I thought maybe it could be old from the layout and artwork but there was no date printed on it curiously enough. So I had to search for it on the Internet to clear up the mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel Bond View Post
    I'll add to the British variants...here's Amazing Spider-Man #98, getting a high grade UK 1/- variant is tough but this one came with a bonus, a double-cover....

Very cool. British price variants + double cover is fanatstic.

Jez, are you on the CGC forums? There was a guy who posted something on there last month that I thought you would appreciate a great deal even though it wasn't a British price variant. It was a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #361, the first Carnage issue (which... I dunno, I guess some people like Carnage for some reason).

This copy, though, wasn't a double or even a triple cover... it was an octuple cover. Eight covers! And it was a CGC Signature Series 9.9! Just crazy.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Love those Phantom books zryson. One of my favorite characters form my childhood and one of my dad's favorite comic strips, which is why I started reading them when I was a kid. I always have an eye out for interesting Phantom stuff, but I rarely encounter it out here.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    This copy, though, wasn't a double or even a triple cover... it was an octuple cover. Eight covers! And it was a CGC Signature Series 9.9! Just crazy.
    I am on the CGC boards, and I saw this. Absolutely astounding...

--Tom
    My Favorites: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man

Almost Done Collecting ASM: Want issues 1, 3, 4, 8, 11, and 18 - Ann. 1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    Very cool. British price variants + double cover is fanatstic.

Jez, are you on the CGC forums?
    Not yet, but I should be, I always hear good things about that place.

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Just bought these from ebay. This series has been on my must read list for a while. Granted I did not get the first and last ish but it is a start. I believe they are all first prints (did not say in listing and he did not respond when I asked) but either way for under $20 shipped and all, I felt it was worth it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fromhell.jpg  

I'm among those who think Jack The Ripper was really a woman...possibly a midwife....

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

I could see it...it is definitely one of the most famous, if not THE most famous, unsolved mystery in human history. Hoping this series is as good as I have heard...

I heard the movie adaptation was ho hum...is it worth a watch?