Page 319 of 340 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319320321322323329 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 5087

I think I sold my Wolverine #1 for about $10 or $15 recently. It was a VF so you could probably fetch at least that much for each of yours
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Just picked up Jon Sable Freelance #1-38,43-45,48,50,52,55. I'm not sure if I am going to pick up the rest did Grell work on the whole thing? Is it worth picking up the rest of the series? Any input would be great.

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    The Captain Marvel comics should be good. I have that issue with the Watcher blasting him away on the cover (which doesn't actually happen in the story), and I think the Marvel Spotlights are in the Death of Captain Marvel hardcover I have.

The adaptation of Return of the Jedi has great art. If you like the movie you should enjoy it.

Thanks I was def planning on keeping the Return of the Jedi stuff. I am excited about the Captain Marvel books most of all because I have never really read any!! And to be able to get the first two issues (albeit they do look rough) is very appealing.

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    I think I sold my Wolverine #1 for about $10 or $15 recently. It was a VF so you could probably fetch at least that much for each of yours
    Yeah I will probably keep one copy for myself and sell the other 14 or so. I was thinking minimum $5-7 online which should add up and pretty much cover the cost of the lot alone. I will also sell some other stuff and give some away too since it is Christmas but...am very pleased because I will probably break even selling stuff I do not want and still have around 200 or more comics that I essentially get for free.

Quote Originally Posted by mrc1214 View Post
    Just picked up Jon Sable Freelance #1-38,43-45,48,50,52,55. I'm not sure if I am going to pick up the rest did Grell work on the whole thing? Is it worth picking up the rest of the series? Any input would be great.
    Grell wrote the entire original run. He stopped drawing it with #44. I love his writing, so for me, it's worth all 56 issues. It's not as if you're missing many.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    Grell wrote the entire original run. He stopped drawing it with #44. I love his writing, so for me, it's worth all 56 issues. It's not as if you're missing many.
    Yes, totally worth it. However, Grell did not write or draw the follow-up series, which was just called "Sable." For me, that follow-up series is not worth tracking down.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    Yes, totally worth it. However, Grell did not write or draw the follow-up series, which was just called "Sable." For me, that follow-up series is not worth tracking down.
    Absolutely agree. It's all about Grell's work.

Thanks guys I'll pick up the rest.

Finally bought DC: The New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke. I picked up a copy of #3 at the flea market this weekend and, as I expected, it was totally awesome, so I bought the whole six issue run on ebay. Cost was $15 shipped.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    Finally bought DC: The New Frontier by Darwyn Cooke. I picked up a copy of #3 at the flea market this weekend and, as I expected, it was totally awesome, so I bought the whole six issue run on ebay. Cost was $15 shipped.
    I haven't read the book, but the animated flick was awesome! Try to rent / netflix it!
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface View Post
    I haven't read the book, but the animated flick was awesome! Try to rent / netflix it!
    I've heard good things, and like Darwyn Cooke's art, but I've never pulled the trigger on the TPB, although I've come close. A friend gave me the DVD a year ago and I still haven't watched it.
    "It's just lines on paper, folks!"

I'd be more than happy to have DC turn the DCU over to Cooke to do with as he will. New Frontier is excellent. Possibly even better is the issue of Solo that he did. It is an absolute thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by MDG View Post
    I've heard good things, and like Darwyn Cooke's art, but I've never pulled the trigger on the TPB, although I've come close. A friend gave me the DVD a year ago and I still haven't watched it.
    I agree with pmpkinface; New Frontier is easily the best of the DC direct-to-video productions.