Page 318 of 340 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 5087

The Flash stuff is very cool. Really good art and nice storylines. Also Firestorm (original series) is a nice read.

With so many comic books you will definitely have many hours of reading ahead so that sounds like fun. I was thinking of checking out the bookstores this weekend but my health is in a nosedive again so it probably won't happen - plus I'm still sorting through the box of comic books I purchased last time.

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

And then...........off to work still more to come tonight
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 005.jpg   COMICS 001.jpg  

Thanks again for uploading the photographs - its fascinating looking at the range of titles

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    The Weird (DC mini series). I remember buying this and I have to say in retrospect, what was I thinking? It was an awful series much like their much vaunted Millennium series which had numerous crossovers. The JLI stuff is funny to read. Definitely was a much more comical take on the superhero group than we had previously seen.
    Thanks zryson it will save me thr trouble of reading the Weird which Ive always put off to the side.

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

The Weird (DC mini series). I remember buying this and I have to say in retrospect, what was I thinking? It was an awful series much like their much vaunted Millennium series which had numerous crossovers. The JLI stuff is funny to read. Definitely was a much more comical take on the superhero group than we had previously seen.
    I'd have to disagree Zryson, I thought the Weird was a great mini-series by Starlin & Wrightson. It wasn't your typical 'superhero' comic, in that he WASN'T a superhero. JLI was hot at the time, that was the ONLY reason IMO they threw them in there...

I guess we'll agree to disagree on this...
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...

Well disagreements make the world go around, so that's fine. But I wouldn't consider The Weird great by any means. Strictly forgettable territory.

Strictly forgettable territory.
    I'll agree w/that.
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloydsound17 View Post
    More from the buy....lots of Wolverine here (first ish anybody?? lol). I have heard that this series isnt the best but I will likely give it a read.
    I have that entire Wolverine series and yeah, it isn't the greatest but has a few jems. Its more of a guilty pleasure...

More from the buy....lots of Wolverine here (first ish anybody?? lol). I have heard that this series isnt the best but I will likely give it a read.
    lots of 1st issues! You should be able to sell them for decent money if theyre high grade and you drip them onto ebay slowly.

youve heard right, that Wolverine series is not the best. the exceptions being the early Chris Claremont & Buscema issues and then the later issues by Frank Tieri. There is some enjoyable small runs by Rob Liefeld (!) and Erik Larsen inbetween, but the bulk of the run by Larry Hama is downright forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by CromagnonMan View Post
    lots of 1st issues! You should be able to sell them for decent money if theyre high grade and you drip them onto ebay slowly.

youve heard right, that Wolverine series is not the best. the exceptions being the early Chris Claremont & Buscema issues and then the later issues by Frank Tieri. There is some enjoyable small runs by Rob Liefeld (!) and Erik Larsen inbetween, but the bulk of the run by Larry Hama is downright forgettable.
    Steve Skroce did a great arc around the 150's that was a blast to read. I enjoyed the Hama/Silvestri era, but to each his own...

Quote Originally Posted by grphxkindaguy View Post
    Steve Skroce did a great arc around the 150's that was a blast to read. I enjoyed the Hama/Silvestri era, but to each his own...
    Oh, yeah. forgot about that, was good. im unable to agree with you about the Hama stuff, although the earlier stuff with Silvestri wasnt as bad as the rest.

More! Again if you guys see any of these odd titles that are good reads, please let me know!
    The Captain Marvel comics should be good. I have that issue with the Watcher blasting him away on the cover (which doesn't actually happen in the story), and I think the Marvel Spotlights are in the Death of Captain Marvel hardcover I have.

The adaptation of Return of the Jedi has great art. If you like the movie you should enjoy it.

Excalibur is a lot of fun and Meltdown looks nice (I never did get to read the end of that story.)

The Byrne FF and Alpha Flight are excellent. New Teen Titans are great.
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 12-04-2012 at 03:16 PM.