Page 315 of 340 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 5087
    BANNED

Just bought this from ebay. The last page features the first appearance of a certain short temprered Canadian in yellow spandex...

Hi tony, wow - now that's a classic comic! I remember reading this about a year ago. I think it was some reprint and it was immensely enjoyable though the bright spandex was confusing to me because I thought "doesnt he wear brown?" but it was a good storyline. I like that era of Hulk. It's very over the top in its macho-ism. Sort of hulk this, hulk that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Hi tony, wow - now that's a classic comic! I remember reading this about a year ago. I think it was some reprint and it was immensely enjoyable though the bright spandex was confusing to me because I thought "doesnt he wear brown?" but it was a good storyline. I like that era of Hulk. It's very over the top in its macho-ism. Sort of hulk this, hulk that.
    I really miss seeing that version of the Hulk on a regular basis. There's a surprisingly touching scene in #180 where he's attacked by a pack of starving wolves and gets really upset about it. "Hulk likes little animals, especially dogs! Why are dogs attacking Hulk? Hulk does not need nasty dogs to be Hulk's friends. Hulk has...Hulk...to be Hulk's friend". You couldn't help feeling for the poor guy...

I don't know if you would consider them classics, but I bought Essential Avengers Vol. 8 and I thought it was totally fantastic. I was really impressed with John Byrne and George Perez's art. It's simply beautiful to look at, because these issues came out when I was just born and I grew up with all the Image founder hype. When I started drawing, I wanted to draw like Jim Lee, and I was pretty ignorant to Byrne and Perez's artwork. I stopped reading comics for a little while and then I picked up an old Avengers Essentials and I fell in love with the old way of doing comics.

Quote Originally Posted by cinman View Post
    I don't know if you would consider them classics, but I bought Essential Avengers Vol. 8 and I thought it was totally fantastic. I was really impressed with John Byrne and George Perez's art. It's simply beautiful to look at, because these issues came out when I was just born and I grew up with all the Image founder hype. When I started drawing, I wanted to draw like Jim Lee, and I was pretty ignorant to Byrne and Perez's artwork. I stopped reading comics for a little while and then I picked up an old Avengers Essentials and I fell in love with the old way of doing comics.
    Yes, we definitely consider those classics. Welcome to the CBR classics board, Cinman!
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

Hi cinman! It's so great to see more new members signing up for CBR and joining us all here at Classic Comics - Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by cinman View Post
    Is that the (roughly) 180s-200s era? If so, absolutely classic. That was when the Avengers reached greatness, IMO.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	105074
    Some 1950s books I picked up this week.

Since I just haven't spent enough money on comics this week, I finally made it out to a couple shops about a half hour from me that supposedly carry random back issues. These aren't comic shops, they're just junk shops, so there was no telling what I might find. And what I found -- other than enough copies of Deathmate to choke an elephant, of course -- was the following haul, which I bought for $1 per comic:

Conan #175, 179, 187, 199, 200, 210, 241
    Conan the King #29, 30, 31, 34
    Phantom Stranger #36, 37
    Jughead #267 (vol. 1), 199 (vol. 2)
    The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #3, 22
    Master of Kung-Fu #87, 92
    House of Secrets #113
    Weird War Tales #112
    Haunted Love #4 (Charlton romance/horror!)
    2001 #7 (Kirby!)
    Showcase 95 #9 (Lois Lane!)
    DC: The New Frontier #3 (Darwyn Cooke!)
    Skeleton Key #14
    Doctor Strange: The Oath #1 (I wasn't going to buy this, but then I noticed it has Night Nurse in it, so... done deal)
    Star Hunters #3
    Team America #1
    Marvel Super-Heroes Spring Special 1990 #1
    Kong #2
    Brave and the Bold #28 (...no, not the original, unfortunately. But it does feature a team-up between Flash and Blackhawk)
    Judge Dredd #1

At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface View Post
    Here's the whole CONTACT COMICS set! I never thought I could complete a 12-issue run from the 1940's, but here it is:
    That is rare and special thing. Well done. I'd just be happy with the issue #12.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    Since I just haven't spent enough money on comics this week, I finally made it out to a couple shops about a half hour from me that supposedly carry random back issues. These aren't comic shops, they're just junk shops, so there was no telling what I might find. And what I found -- other than enough copies of Deathmate to choke an elephant, of course -- was the following haul, which I bought for $1 per comic:

Doctor Strange: The Oath #1 (I wasn't going to buy this, but then I noticed it has Night Nurse in it, so... done deal)
    It's actually one of my favorite Doc Stories since the 70's/80's series ended, and features some great art by Marcos Martin. I generally like BKV stuff but he can be hit or miss, this is one of his better mainstream efforts. Just for the Martin art and Night Nurse appearance it's worth it, but it's a solid read too.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Nice comics DCIndexer & Scott Harris!

Pulling some dollar bin stuff lately. A nice run of 1983 Eclipse DNAgents. Gonna go read em now.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Oh man, that World's Finest is one of my favorite issues. Love the story.
    Life is what you make it.