Page 313 of 340 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 5087
    Brian and so is my wife thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post

I love these. Goodwin/Buscema/Mooney, with a classic (but not reprint) alternate universe tale as a backup, and J. Buscema and Sinnott, both in their prime, from my first year of collecting. Good times.

The Marvel Comics Database quotes from #118:

Crystal
    You know I can't stay -- That I must join Black Bolt and the rest of the Royal Family in trying to save our homeland!
    Conversation Tail.png
    Jonathan Storm (Earth-616).jpg
    Johnny Storm
    I know Crys -- And I understand. But at least we've got this time, this moment ... And until there'll be others, I can wait and remember this.
    Conversation Tail.png

What she doesn't say:

Dude, if you make me wait any longer for you to move to the Great Refuge, I swear I'm marrying the first stranger who crosses my path.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 11-25-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Dawson View Post
    Strange Adventures #243 (1973) - A gorgeous Carmine Infantino Adam Strange reprint from 1963 and a Murphy Anderson story from 1961 also very nice. What else did Murphy Anderson do? His style is very clean and attractive, not dissimilar to Infantino.
    I see Murphy Anderson and Carmine Infantino as stylistically very dissimilar. This, despite the fact the when put together the result was very pleasing indeed. Anderson is a very polished and clean penciler who had almost come to represent the DC house style of his age. Infantino despite his deep association with National/DC over the years, developed a moody line technique certainly influenced by Caniff, but almost arriving by way of European illustration. His loose, somewhat scratchy drawing always seemed to my eye tha tit would have been very much at home in the world of commercial advertising art, or magazine illustration, some 40 years ago.

Picked up two Marvel UK series that were published between the death of Epic and Marvel's implosion in the early '90s: Mortigan Goth, Immortalis and Children of the Voyager. Mortigan Goth is generally held up as the best of the early '90s Marvel UK titles, beating out the first Knights of Pendragon series, and Mark Buckingham art is nothing to sneer at. Children of the Voyager is notable for being one of Nick Abadzis' (Hugo Tate, Laika) few mainstream works with excellent Paul Johnson art. Marvel UK's Frontier line was supposed to be the answer to Vertigo, but got cut off in favor of 10 X-titles and the rest of Marvel's "characters first!" crap line in the early '90s? Lost opportunities abound in comics, but this is probably the unrecognized saddest.

I just bought a batch of 25 issues of Girls' Love Stories off ebay for $50 shipped. They're low grade readers but it's hard to find romance books in any condition for $2 each, so I had to have them.

At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

A little over a year ago, I asked you guys to help me find a comic based on the first page only. My dad remembered having it as a kid (minus the cover) and wondered if I could find it for him. Of course, within a day or so I had the answer (thanks red oak kid!) as MMW #1. Ever since, I have been looking for a nice copy and I finally got one. It will definitely be part of his Christmas gift. Oh and the two X-Mens were a buck each so I snagged em.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mmw1.jpg   xmen150.jpg   xmen155.jpg  

I think that's a cool thing for you to do pinkfloydsound17. And think one of the nicest things people can do is to give cherished items from the past a return to the future to bring happiness.

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

I think he will be tickled...its something he would never get again for himself but as a gift he will love:)

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

I'll be losing my slab virginity by breaking this one out...

Got a 6.0 or FINE copy, which is just fine for a giveaway price of $34. I'm assuming the PGX grade is a good approximation if not exact grade. I finally completed this early sentinel run which starts from X-Men 14 and spans 3 issues....

For those curious as to why I'd remove it from the slab, I'm not a PGX fangirl, plus...I don't see the point in slabbing a mid-grade book unless it's really old or valuable or of some other value...
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Many people love slabbed comics. Me? I'm not a fan of those. But I do understand why people prefer them - or purchase them. As for the price - nice but not surprising considering how easy it is to grab low priced older comics these days.

I just picked up the Timespirits today, when I was a kid this was the first non-superhero book I ever got into. It was a little before my time but I came across it in a flea market and had to have it, and I loved it. I unfortunately lost it in a flood some years back but I have it back now and hopefully it's just as amazing as when I first read it.

[img]

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I just picked up the Timespirits today, when I was a kid this was the first non-superhero book I ever got into. It was a little before my time but I came across it in a flea market and had to have it, and I loved it. I unfortunately lost it in a flood some years back but I have it back now and hopefully it's just as amazing as when I first read it.
    Timespirits is a sweet, and trippy, little series, with beautiful art by the always tempting Tom Yeates. Its actually on my long list for Kurts Classic Christmas 2012 event.

I usually don't go for GD copies of my LB Cole books, but I made an exception here. With this copy of CONTACT COMICS #5 I now have the complete run. I'll stay on the lookout for a better copy, but until then this will have to do. I looked on Heritage's archives and the best copy they've ever sold is a FN and that was only 1 of 2 copies ever (both ungraded). I'll take a pic of the whole set together once it arrives, but until then here it is:

- pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!