Page 308 of 340 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 5087

Quote Originally Posted by AZBarbarian View Post
    I am currently working on the Moore Swamp thing run. I am nearly finished with it. Can't believe I haven't read it yet.
    Don't feel bad, I just finished it this year. I ended up buying the series of HC's from DC instead of chasing down the issues. They look nice on a shelf with all my other Alan Moore books! :)
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	104327
    I picked up all of these in the last week or two

Quote Originally Posted by DCIndexer View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	all.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	104327
    I picked up all of these in the last week or two
    Great stuff.

Do you have a Buzzy #70 yet?
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    Great stuff.

Do you have a Buzzy #70 yet?
    No. I don't have Buzzy #70. That particular book is no more rare than any of the others around it. However, one collector had trouble locating a copy a few years ago and posted that "It must be rare". Unfortunately this anecdotal declaration of rarity caused other people without any interest in the book otherwise to suddenly seek it out driving up the price. The book is NOT rare, and I refuse to pay high prices for it. I have seen many copies of it over the years both before and after the "rare" declaration including one a couple months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DCIndexer View Post
    No. I don't have Buzzy #70. That particular book is no more rare than any of the others around it. However, one collector had trouble locating a copy a few years ago and posted that "It must be rare". Unfortunately this anecdotal declaration of rarity caused other people without any interest in the book otherwise to suddenly seek it out driving up the price. The book is NOT rare, and I refuse to pay high prices for it. I have seen many copies of it over the years both before and after the "rare" declaration including one a couple months ago.
    I had wondered about how rare it actually was. Good luck finding a reasonably priced copy, hopefully now that that guy has finished his collection the book will return to where it should be price-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harris View Post
    I had wondered about how rare it actually was. Good luck finding a reasonably priced copy, hopefully now that that guy has finished his collection the book will return to where it should be price-wise.
    That guy got his years ago. Unfortunately the perceived rarity of the book persists and has caused demand to remain high among other collectors. Just search for references to it on the CGC forum. Collectors seek it out only because they believe it to be rare and they want to make a buck. It's just another teen comedy book from the 1950s and I treat it as such. It's a shame when anecdotal evidence drives the market like this, but there's not much that can be done about it.

Visited a bookstore today. Ended up buying around 150 comics for $80.00. Have decided to keep 40 of them. Donated 35 to charity. And I am using the others as readers for the next several weeks. The titles ranged from Batman, Detective Comics, Green Hornet, Superman, Justice League, Avengers, Archie (there were several boxes of these but I ended up just buying a handful of them), etc. Also included were some one-shots and graphic novels.

Just pulled the trigger on 2 LB Cole covers that I'd been looking at for a bit. This one, Intimate Secrets Of Romance #2 doesn't come up often and this copy had been on ebay for a while. I don't like the crease, but now I'll own the 2-issue run and I'll keep an eye out for a better copy.

In an effort to complete my Top Love run, I had to have this one. Seller says it's only a 2.0, but looks 10x better than that. For $20 and free shipping I'll take a chance. Here's my new Top Love Stories #12:

- pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    Wow, so am I. I had the entire run but it was swiped from my home by my sons friends I suspect. Buying them back has cost over 50-60 bucks so far but #37 is the pricey one. (First appearance of Constantine).
    I only have that one as the B/W Essential Vertigo reprint, and apparently even THAT is hard to find! Great run of issues though.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

This arrived via mail today. And it is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gravity View Post
    This arrived via mail today. And it is awesome.
    I hope you have or will be getting the rest of the series. It's so bizarre and good.
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

Veteran Member

It really is, Kirby's 2001 series, that is. You can really see how deeply he responded to the Kubrick's science fiction film masterpiece. In a way, this highlights the difference between Kirby and Stan Lee as comics creators: I can't see Stan Lee ever being moved and inspired by 2001 the way Kirby was: I think there would have been too little of the kind of personality-driven human interaction he was drawn to and that he liked to write himself; whereas it obviously struck a deep chord with Kirby, as the Treasury adaptation and series clearly show.

Brian and so is my wife thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berk View Post
    It really is, Kirby's 2001 series, that is. You can really see how deeply he responded to the Kubrick's science fiction film masterpiece. In a way, this highlights the difference between Kirby and Stan Lee as comics creators: I can't see Stan Lee ever being moved and inspired by 2001 the way Kirby was: I think there would have been too little of the kind of personality-driven human interaction he was drawn to and that he liked to write himself; whereas it obviously struck a deep chord with Kirby, as the Treasury adaptation and series clearly show.
    Probably why they worked so well together. They balanced each other out. Unfortunately, probably also what drove them apart. Just like the Beatles (Yoko was just the final straw).
    "Crucifiction? Good. Out the door, line on the left, one cross each." Michael Palin in "Life of Brian"

Went to SuperMegaFest today. It was kind of a cluster, but I still had a good time. I got signatures from Neal Adams, Jose Delbo, Paul Ryan and Hannibal King. I also picked up a few comics at nice prices, even though there weren't many dealers on hand. My haul:

Lois Lane #106

Which set me back $10. Totally worth it. Classic cover and story and finding a reasonably priced copy of this issue was becoming a major pain in my butt.

And for $4 each I got the following:

Lois Lane #74, 85, 87, 88, 91, 110
    Superman #189, 194, 196, 198 (all checkerboard issues!)
    Crime Does Not Pay #89 (Golden Age classic! dirt cheap! hurray!)

For $1 each:

Strikeforce: Morituri: Electric Undertow 1-4
    Dr. Strange #63
    Strange Tales #177 (featuring the Golem)
    Archie and the History of Electronics
    Sgt. Rock #339
    Brave and the Bold #131 (Wonder Woman!)
    1st Issue Special #12 (1st Mikaal Starman!)