Page 305 of 340 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,575 of 5087

Hi this is the background pic behind the comics

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface View Post
    If I had to pick a collected edition to be trapped on a desert island with it would be ELEKTRA ASSASSIN. Does that answer your question?

And Z - I wanna know what that pic is too!

I trust your judgement, very happy to have them and cant wait to read em.

Nice zryson...is it a poster???

Hi, it's a poster. I bought it recently when shopping. Wanted something dynamic, but interesting hanging on my bedroom walls. I sometimes just sit on my bed with a stack of comics admiring it.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Not a purchase by me, as opposed to the lovely & talented Polar Bear (who of course forked out for postage as well), who sent me his duplicate copy of World's Finest #259 after I mused a few days ago about probably needing to commit myself to going after the 40 or so Dollar Comic-era issues that include Don Newton's "Shazam." The issue in question, it turns out, includes not only an example of that strip (inked by Kurt Schaffenberger) but also a Newton-pencilled (with inks by Dave Hunt & Vince Colletta, respectively) two-part Hawkman/Green Arrow adventure. Excellent!

Not surprisingly, the Lone Star order I was even then contemplating went off last night with ... let's see ... a dozen WFs included at a median price of probably around $1.25.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1CV1G1...wasThisHelpful

My review of the latest donald duck volume!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

really like the older detective and wonder woman comics

Last edited by zryson; 11-07-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Not a purchase by me, as opposed to the lovely & talented Polar Bear (who of course forked out for postage as well), who sent me his duplicate copy of World's Finest #259 after I mused a few days ago about probably needing to commit myself to going after the 40 or so Dollar Comic-era issues that include Don Newton's "Shazam." The issue in question, it turns out, includes not only an example of that strip (inked by Kurt Schaffenberger) but also a Newton-pencilled (with inks by Dave Hunt & Vince Colletta, respectively) two-part Hawkman/Green Arrow adventure. Excellent!

Not surprisingly, the Lone Star order I was even then contemplating went off last night with ... let's see ... a dozen WFs included at a median price of probably around $1.25.
    Glad you liked it!

("Lovely"?)
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

BANNED

Just picked up X-Men #96 and #98, filling another couple of significant gaps in my collection. Beautiful Dave Cockrum art.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    really like the older detective and wonder woman comics

I own very few WW comics, and that one on the right is one of them. I've had it since I was a kid. Don't know where or how I got it, but I remember the cover.

Tony - congrats on the X-Men books! I know that feeling.
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    ("Lovely"?)
    Eye of the beholder, man.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

hi pmpknface i love wonder woman. sometimes i try to figure out why that was/is the case and i think its because i was raised by women. The men during my childhood were all pretty terrible but the women, wow they were strong, determined. That's not to say they were perfect but I remember admiring some of them. So I think that instilled a love of powerful women in me (which probably explains my Xena fixation!). The shame of course is that pre-Crisis WW was so badly written. It was either her pining over Steve, him pining over her or her wicked mother meddling in her life (maybe being Queen of the Amazons wasn't enough to fill the day?)

I just bought another big batch of bronze age readers. The total was 57 comics for $50 shipped, or 88 cents each. This includes:

27 issues of Our Army at War / Sgt. Rock
    18 issues of Weird War
    12 issues of Unexpected

I am sure I will end up with a few doubles, but at that price I had to grab them.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Scott, I love it. You get these lots from like every genre imaginable. Do you have any idea how many books you've got? You have to be working on like 50 different runs at the same time! :D
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

BANNED

And this, which I ordered two weeks ago, arrived today! Been after it for twenty years!!

Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface View Post
    Scott, I love it. You get these lots from like every genre imaginable. Do you have any idea how many books you've got? You have to be working on like 50 different runs at the same time! :D
    I am, it's kind of a mess. I know I should focus on one thing or the other, but I see these deals on Bronze Age books and I just can't help it. My checklist is pretty bizarre; my biggest categories are Archie, War, Romance and Superman Family. Then I have individual series like Conan, Dr. Strange and Wonder Woman.

I still don't have even remotely as many comics as you do. I have been buying a ton over the last few months from dollar lots, but I think I am probably under 5000 still. It's a bit hard to say, as I moved to drawer boxes from long boxes so I no longer am sure how to estimate. I think I have close to or over a thousand comics I haven't read yet, though, which is one reason I am trying to plow though this Wonder Woman run to get a start on it all.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!