Page 303 of 340 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 5087

I bought 15 FF trades. Perez, Byrne, Simonson visionaries, plus Waid, Aguirre-Sacasa, Millar, Hickman.

Great stuff.

There was a really good store I used to visit - part antique/part used bookstore. I never knew its name. But it was magical. I only went there twice. First time was by accident. It was like walking into a timewarp. Everything cool from the mid-50s up. Second time I went the manager said they were going to get lots more things but when I came back the store was gone. Quite a few stores disappeared shortly thereafter.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Details?

Expiring minds want to know ...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Ecwfan?feature=mhee

Here ya go man....I thought many had knew about it where I promoted in a post a loooong time back. But mostly me and my fellow A-Team members hit comic shops , antique places and more when we get chances and look for great comics and deals we can.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gravity View Post
    I can help you out as far as California goes.

San Francisco and Los Angeles both have dozens of cool and amazing shops to check out. San Francisco has a better historical viewpoint as many of the shops in the mission district were born during the whole underground comix movement in the 60's. You could probably hit all of the stores in a weekend in either city, depending on traffic.

Here's the list for San Francisco: http://blogs.sfweekly.com/exhibition..._francisco.php

And Los Angeles: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/top-l...n-los-angeles/

If you are up North check out A-1 Comics in Sacramento, one of my favorite shops. They are big stores with plenty of longboxes to dig through. They have two stores in a relatively close proximity of each other as long as you can figure out the complex freeway system there lol: http://www.a-1comics.com/index.html

Also about an hour north of San Francisco is Comics FTW in Santa Rosa, CA: http://comicsftw.com/

Heading South from San Francisco into the Central Coast is Captain Nemo Comics in San Luis Obispo, CA. They have a huge selection of comics, but don't let the store fool you if you don't see any classic comics when you arrive. They have a secret room upstairs on the third floor full of longboxes of the good stuff: http://www.captainnemo.biz/Nemo/

Further South into Santa Barbara you can make a stop at Metro, one of Brian Michael Bendis' favorite shops. Make sure to grab the 20% off coupon on their site before you arrive: http://www.metro-entertainment.com/

Heading down into Ventura there are two shops you can stop at. There is Seth's (which used to be Ralph's): http://www.ralphscomiccorner.com/ and a smaller store called Hypnocomics: http://www.hypnocomics.com/

This would be a good start, but you also might want this master list of stores in the golden state: http://www.the-master-list.com/USA/C...ia/index.shtml

Happy Hunting! By the way can you post the link to your channel I'd like to check out your discoveries, sounds fun.
    Thanks man , I will post the list as soon as ever do get that way and give you credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leocomix View Post
    I bought 15 FF trades. Perez, Byrne, Simonson visionaries, plus Waid, Aguirre-Sacasa, Millar, Hickman.

Great stuff.
    Nice stuff man...I think Hickman's run is right up there with Byrne's as far as being so creative and cool to read.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    That "Power of Shazam" is the best comic there . That series was always good.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

I really like that Legion Backroom video of yours. Reminds me of stores I have visited - its so chaotic behind the scenes. Just boxes and crates and drawers full of things. I had to use the bathroom at a store recently and when I got the okay from the manager I was shocked to see the condition behind the scenes. I slipped and fell all the way to the bathroom and then when I tried getting back out into the actual store I crashed into a wall as several boxes fell over on one of my legs.

I like the Punisher series. It was at a sale I went to recently. There were tons of boxes. Some bagged, Others in Mylar. But the Punisher covers seemed so emotional. And the colors so rich and vibrant. I really liked laying them out on the baby blanket I purchased from a charity store and then just admiring the way they looked. Often when going through countless boxes I tend to look for things that strike a chord in me emotionally. And the cover is usually the first place I look. It could be a small part of the cover but sometimes I just see something and go wow, I really like it.

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    I like the Punisher series. It was at a sale I went to recently. There were tons of boxes. Some bagged, Others in Mylar. But the Punisher covers seemed so emotional. And the colors so rich and vibrant. I really liked laying them out on the baby blanket I purchased from a charity store and then just admiring the way they looked. Often when going through countless boxes I tend to look for things that strike a chord in me emotionally. And the cover is usually the first place I look. It could be a small part of the cover but sometimes I just see something and go wow, I really like it.
    I like the PunisherMax covers the best, especially if done by Tim Bradstreet.
    1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Love finding lots like these on ebay. A nice mix of some stuff I have and don't in nice shape. $35 total well spent. I need the few ASM annuals and MTU's in this lot as well as some of the Spec Spidey issues. Will have to see if the assortment of ASM books are better than what I have. I already have 252 in great shape so selling that plus other doubles I already have should cover my cost. The Marvel Tales books I have started saving to give away to a young cousin who is a new comic fan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails asm1.jpg   asm2.jpg   asm3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloydsound17 View Post
    Love finding lots like these on ebay. A nice mix of some stuff I have and don't in nice shape. $35 total well spent. I need the few ASM annuals and MTU's in this lot as well as some of the Spec Spidey issues. Will have to see if the assortment of ASM books are better than what I have. I already have 252 in great shape so selling that plus other doubles I already have should cover my cost. The Marvel Tales books I have started saving to give away to a young cousin who is a new comic fan.
    Holy cow!! That MTU with Hulk on the cover is (IIRC) the first-ever Byrne X-Men art, supposedly worth more than you paid for the three lots total! I guess I've got to get over to eBay...
    Anyway, it is cool for you to acquire acrimony of crumbling time on blast this website.
    --best spam ever

Here are my most recent purchases. Now that I've finished several Marvel runs that I had been working on for years, I'm going to add pre-Hulk TTA to my collection. Now I only have 36-58 left to go!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TTA27.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	103825
    Last edited by Dave2739; 11-04-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Quote Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
    Holy cow!! That MTU with Hulk on the cover is (IIRC) the first-ever Byrne X-Men art, supposedly worth more than you paid for the three lots total! I guess I've got to get over to eBay...
    Yeah I am hoping that ish is in nice shape as it is one I want! You can get copies for it on eBay in nice shape for around 4-5 bucks. Still, to pay less than a buck a book today is great and ebay usually has deals for the patient buyer like me. Very excited for these either way!

Just got home from Long Beach Comic Con where I volunteer for the Hero Initaitive (www.heroinitative.org).
    We did so-so for a show where we didn't book guests, but John Carpenter helped us out nicely. Most of my purchases were sent on original sketches, but I did find a couple of undergrounds. I only picked up California Comix #3 and some misc 90s back fillers of Vampirella.
    "If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2739 View Post
    Here are my most recent purchases. Now that I've finished several Marvel runs that I had been working on for years, I'm going to add pre-Hulk TTA to my collection. Now I only have 36-58 left to go!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TTA27.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	103825
    Those are some pretty swell purchases right there.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!