Page 223 of 340 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 5087
    Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Captain Strong looks an awful lot like Popeye....

Love that ASM cover with Man-Wolf. I got lucky picking up my ish a few years back...came in a lot with a bunch of others. I think it average out to $3 a book and I got #124 and 125 both in the FN/VF range or better. Perhaps I shall re-read those two right now...

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloydsound17 View Post
    Captain Strong looks an awful lot like Popeye....
    That was quite deliberate.

And Jez' Spidey #7 is the first comic I ever read. The first few comics I chose all had blue sky backgrounds on the cover - that must have appealed to me when I was six.
    --
    Rob Allen

NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar

Took delivery of Undersea Agent #4 today. I've only read issue #2 previously, but I love the Ray Bailey artwork in this series. Dunno exactly who Ray Bailey is or was, but the GCD tells me that he did a fair bit of work for Dell and Harvey comics. Regardless, he deserves to be better known judging from his artwork on Undersea Agent.

Issue #4 also includes a story penciled by Gil Kane, which I managed to correctly identify just from looking at it...making me feel quite pleased with myself.
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City Kick-Ass 3 Star Wars: Dark Times Superior Spider-Man

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post
    Dunno exactly who Ray Bailey is or was,
    Ah -- my beloved Uncle Ray! Better known as Milburn Drysdale on The Beverly Hillbillies, of course.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Picked up two books today at an Estate Sale... Black Rider #19 and My Girl Pearl #9. Don't really collect Timely/Atlas, but couldn't pass these up.
    My Multiverse had a Crisis, and all i got was a lousy Reboot!

"When the f*ck did we get Ice Cream?"
    Wendell, The Ringer

"After a while, I was able to use the squirrel to break down the door..."
    Granny Puckett, Hoodwinked

=====================

"DONT TALK $H!T ABOUT TOTAL!!!!"
    TOURETTES GUY

Just got an order from Mycomicshop.com one of my few forays into online comic shopping. I had traded in about 10 bronze marvels in med to high grade, some minor keys all of which I had reprinted in essential volumes to get trade credit to fill in some holes in runs I wanted to read.

Got the following:

Claw the Unconquered 9, 10 to complete the series
    Stalker 1-4 (the complete series)
    New Teen Titans 2, 7, 23, 36, 41, 43, 45, 46, 49 ,54, 56, 57 (leaving 2 issues I need in the series)
    Man of Steel 4 (completing the series, my #4 went AWOL somewhere along the line)
    Richard Dragon Kung Fu Fighter: 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 16 (leaving 3 issues I need in the series)
    Sword of Sorcery 5 (completing the series)
    Warlord 1, 6, 7, 9, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 26, 27, 28, 33, 45, 46, 78 (filling in everything I needed between 1-100)
    Arion: Lord of Atlantis: 2, 3, 5, 7, 9 ,10, 12, 15, 20
    Zatanna: (2010) 2, 9 not quite classic but I only needed 2 to fill in the run and I liked Paul Dini's stake on Zee)
    Wednesday Comics 7 (loved this experimental format but somehow missed this issue)
    Power Man and Iron Fist 116 (completing the run)
    Strange 4 (missed the finale of Waid's take on the good Doc so grabbed it)
    Conan the Barbarian-72, 75 filling in 2 holes in a long run on the series

Now I have got a lot of reading to do, which was my goal to fill in runs so I could read them w/o having holes in them.

I have to say, I prefer to buy comics in person, I like the thrill of the hunt, which is why I rarely buy online. This was my first experience with My Comicshop.com/Lonestar, and it was a positive one. I won't regularly buy comics online, but I would order from them again to fill in holes. Prices were fair, grading accurate, and the transaction proceeded at a good pace (it was tough waiting to handle the books after I bought them but that is the nature of the beast when doing mail order).

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 05-12-2012 at 12:21 PM.
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post

I have to say, I prefer to buy comics in person, I like the thrill of the hunt, which is why I rarely buy online. This was my first experience with My Comicshop.com/Lonestar, and it was a positive one. I won't regularly buy comics online, but I would order from them again to fill in holes. Prices were fair, grading accurate, and the transaction proceeded at a good pace (it was tough waiting to handle the books after I bought them but that is the nature of the beast when doing mail order).

-M
    I too prefer the thrill of the hunt... Digging through long box after long box for hours on end has simply never gotten old for me. However, Lone Star is pretty good for getting cheapo stuff from say 87-95. I only buy NM (from this era anyhoo) and I've never paid more than a $1.70 for a single issue. I've gotten huge runs of Swamp Thing, Hellblazer, Green Arrow, ROM, Secret Origins and Arak to name but a few.

If you can defer the instant gratification then Lone Star can work a lot of the time.

I don't mind the pain Oskar Von Strange's Avatar

Got three Dredd comics for a buck each and practically in NM. So I'm quite happy to FINALLY start reading some Judge Dredd.

and

and
    Currently reading:Creepy, Eerie, Frankenstein Alive Alive, The Goon, Haunted Horror, Hellboy in Hell, King Conan: The Conquerer, Minimum Wage, Stray Bullets: Killers

Stopped in at a local convenience store today. I had heard that the guy sold comics and decided to see what he had. I was pleasantly surprised. He had a wide array of older and newer stuff, some of which was overpriced but I was able to score the following:

ASM #235, 246, 247, 248, 283
    Marvel Team-Up 59
    Spectacular Spider-Man 149

All of them are VF or better. $11 well spent and I plan on going back to dig through a bit more.

Was bidding on this lot of 32 Fantastic Four comics. Seller offering free shipping (to Canada which I have never seen before) and supposedly high grade books (they look great, maybe not unread but whatever). I threw in a bid and did not win but got a second chance offer. $42.20 for 32 comics is still very nice in my world. Included in the lot are #111, 113, 115, 119, 123, 124-127, 130-134, 136, 137, 138 (3 copies), 139-143, 161, 167, 169, 172, 178, 179 (2 copies), 180. Some of these will be duplicates for me, which I will sell but I still think its a sweet lot for the price.

Nice lot. The only tough ones in the 100's are the 112, the Surfer & Steranko issues, and there's another Thing / Hulk fight around 155 or so. Happy hunting! :)
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

20% Cooler Than You Richard Bishop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfloydsound17 View Post
    Was bidding on this lot of 32 Fantastic Four comics. Seller offering free shipping (to Canada which I have never seen before) and supposedly high grade books (they look great, maybe not unread but whatever). I threw in a bid and did not win but got a second chance offer. $42.20 for 32 comics is still very nice in my world. Included in the lot are #111, 113, 115, 119, 123, 124-127, 130-134, 136, 137, 138 (3 copies), 139-143, 161, 167, 169, 172, 178, 179 (2 copies), 180. Some of these will be duplicates for me, which I will sell but I still think its a sweet lot for the price.
    Is the seller "tinkie1100" by any chance? If so, I got almost an identical lot from her about two months ago. The books aren't true "high-grade", but most are better than average, so as long as you aren't a grade whore, you should be satisfied. The ones I got had the "blue ink splash" across the top that is the topic of another thread, but since I just wanted them to read and fill up holes in my collection, I didn't mind too much.

If #124 or #132 are duplicates for you, PM me and maybe we could work out a trade, if you're interested. I only need those two and #128 to complete my run from #120 up. I got some duplicates in my lot from her, plus have some other books (mostly Bronze Age that I've replaced with better copies, but some newer stuff as well) that I could part with.
    "I don't hate everybody. I think I'm better than everybody. It's completely different."

Currently Hunting:
    Marvel Two-in-One #1, and Werewolf by Night #32 (at a reasonable price)

Quote Originally Posted by RBishop View Post
    Is the seller "tinkie1100" by any chance? If so, I got almost an identical lot from her about two months ago.
    You people are buying comics lots from a Teletubby?

For shame.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Finally (it was delayed repeatedly for going on a year) received IDW's Art of Amanda Conner today. Barely had a chance to glance at it during a quick trip home (had to mail something for a vacationing friend whose cat I'm feeding, who'd forgotten to do so), but it looks brilliant, of course. My favorite artist of today, pretty much, though Cliff Chiang is right up there as well, & I love work by dozens of others people doing comics as well.

The same Books-a-Million package included The Girl Who Owned a City, drawn by another massive fave, Joelle Jones. That's one of the great things about today's comics scene, much as I otherwise tend to denigrate so many aspects of it -- lots of female artists getting a chance to shine.

Back when I was a kid, that category was pretty much confined, AFAIK, to Marie Severin & Ramona Fradon (people like Trina Robbins, Leslie Carbaga, Shary Flenniken, Sharon Rudahl, Lee Marrs, etc., were of course not working in spinner-rack comics, though at least in Flenniken's case National Lampoon was a newsstand magazine), with I suppose a few others -- Mary Wilshire & June Brigman come to mind -- showing up a decade or so later. These days or at least in recent years, though, off the top of my head I can name the likes of Colleen Coover, Chynna Clugston, Nicola Scott, Tara McPherson, Chrissie Zullo, Emma Rios, Emily Stone, Anne Timmons & Christine Norrie ... & that's just the ones whose work I happen to be somewhat acquainted with & think highly of. And even there I'm no doubt forgetting at least a few.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by RBishop View Post
    Is the seller "tinkie1100" by any chance? If so, I got almost an identical lot from her about two months ago. The books aren't true "high-grade", but most are better than average, so as long as you aren't a grade whore, you should be satisfied. The ones I got had the "blue ink splash" across the top that is the topic of another thread, but since I just wanted them to read and fill up holes in my collection, I didn't mind too much.

If #124 or #132 are duplicates for you, PM me and maybe we could work out a trade, if you're interested. I only need those two and #128 to complete my run from #120 up. I got some duplicates in my lot from her, plus have some other books (mostly Bronze Age that I've replaced with better copies, but some newer stuff as well) that I could part with.

Yes that's the seller! And ya, I noticed on some of the other auctions, the comics had the overspray or whatever. The bunch that I am gettin appear to be devoid of this but as long as they complete and nice, I have no fault with the blue in dripping a bit along the top edge.