Page 56 of 340 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Default completed Conan The Barbarian (marvel)

I had a recent stroke of luck I recently bought the first issue of Marvels Conan the Barbarian for only 75 euros. The book is in mint condition. I am very proud to have finally completed the series.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbass View Post
    Today was the Tampa Bay Comic and Toy Show.

Below is my haul:

The #24 is a former CGC 4.5 comic. I paid $80 for it. The 137, 156 and 162 were bought as a lot for $60.

They will make a nice addition to my Spidey collection. I now need just 20 issues from 1-100. In addition, I need 35 issues from 101-165.

And somewhere between here and Canada, there's a #165 on its way to Florida.

Until then, 55 issues to go!
    Tom
    You paid a good price for the no 24! From my position looks like a very decent one. Paid 95 euros for a near mint one.

Anyone else look at that Punisher cover from #162 and think of the famous dialogue mistake from the Cap run in Toales of Suspense? How much better would the cover be if Punisher was shouting "Only one of us will come down from here alive -- AND IT WON'T BE ME!!!"
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Lunatic On The Grass pinkfloydsound17's Avatar
    Dark side of the moon (Ontario, Canada to be exact)

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatejezebel View Post
    Here's a look at the copy I gave a harsh 7.0 grade too. Its main 'flaw' is a very small 1/4 inch corner fold on the back cover on the lower left corner. There's also a couple small spine creases by the upper staple only and a small ding by the lower left corner. Other than that, it looks wonderful for a 40 year old book. I thought I'd be getting something that barely survives reading copy but this copy looks great.

Not bad for $5.

Looks good....although that bottom staple would bug me. Way outta line, almost looks like someone did it themselves lol.

Quote Originally Posted by derkje1971 View Post
    You paid a good price for the no 24! From my position looks like a very decent one. Paid 95 euros for a near mint one.
    Thanks! It was marked $95, and since I only had $80 that's what I offered. I wonder if I should have started at $70 or $75. Oh well...

It's got a very slight subscription crease, but it displays well. And at no extra charge, it's got a letter to Stan Lee from Buddy Saunders, who's the owner of Lone Star Comics. (The letter praises the handling of Spider-Man.)

OK, back to other people's purchases!
    Tom
    My Favorites: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man

Almost Done Collecting ASM: Want issues 1, 3, 4, 8, 11, and 18 - Ann. 1 & 2

ASM #24 has, in my humble opinion, the best cover in the Ditko run. The perspective, the faded villains, and the colors are fantastic!
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Picked up Thriller 1 & 2 by Robert Loren Fleming and Trevor von Eeden out of a quarter bin last week. This was a very progressive book for DC in '83, which is why I find it odd that it's been basically forgotten. von Eeden, in particular, does some great work.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Picked up Thriller 1 & 2 by Robert Loren Fleming and Trevor von Eeden out of a quarter bin last week. This was a very progressive book for DC in '83, which is why I find it odd that it's been basically forgotten. von Eeden, in particular, does some great work.
    Never heard of it. Got any pics? What's it about???
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pmpknface View Post
    Never heard of it. Got any pics? What's it about???
    Haven't read it yet, but I picked up the run for cheap a year or so ago. Seems to have been pretty off-the-wall, as FanboyStranger's post indicates.

Evidently, something went amiss about midway through; Fleming apparently made some impassioned statement in the lettercol about how he'd be writing the comic forever & -ever, or something ... & an issue or two later Bill DuBay was handling the writing & having to inform irate letter-writers about why he'd made all sorts of drastic changes in the basic approach. I gather the powers-that-be at DC weren't particularly happy about how things had been going, which no doubt boils down to sales figures.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Interesting. Just found it on Wiki. Looks cool enough!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_%28DC_Comics%29
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Reading the Wikipedia entry led me to click on the Wiki link for Trevor von Eeden. I knew he was one of the field's very few black artists in the '70s (not, I suppose, that we have a plethora now), but I had no idea he's from Guyana.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Finally figured out how to take clearer pics with this Xperia X10...these arrived from my dealer who landed some great deals including a box of back-issue adult zines. Deal was, I get a good price if I show a zine....and these 3 books cost me just under $40.00

Amazing Spider-Man #26. Somewhere around FINE+? I'm not too pissed at the spine curl and will try to flatten it.

Ultimate Spider-Man 1 DF. Came in NM/M in a mass Ultimate Spidey collection which went straight up to #160. I kept this one because it looks better than the slabbed CGC 9.6 I already own.

Flash 175 This reminded me of a bundle of old high-grade Daredevil books that guide for over $200 but cost me $12. This was included in a Flash bundle which had a weighted average cost of $2.37 each. Although Flash is one of my B-List titles, I'm keeping all the 60s books which included this copy which I estimate to be around VF to VF+

1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatejezebel View Post

It's interesting seeing Superman, Spider-Man and Flash so close to the Jenna Jameson signed DVD give away offer.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OWAC View Post

Nice haul OWAC but I see that you're still missing issue #3 of Brother Power: The Geek. Luckily I have a spare copy that I can let you have for cheap...just don't tell Dan Bailey.
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City Kick-Ass 3 Star Wars: Dark Times Superior Spider-Man