Page 1 of 340 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default What Classic Comics Have You Purchased Lately? Pt. 2

Here's the continuation of the previous thread. The original stuff can be found here:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=114261

This is the place to talk about your most recent acquisitions.
    Check out my new Movie Podcast! Married With Clickers

Check Out My Blog: Seduction of the Indifferent at Seduction of the Indifferent

Look for Scott's Classic Comics Corner at Comics Should Be Good

"I'll tell you right out--I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk"

NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar

Please, allow me to inaugurate this thread with the best of British!

In a zryson-esque stroke of luck, I stopped into my local secondhand book shop today and found a small stash of UK Commando comics dating from the early '80s to the early '90s. I picked up four consecutive issues, numbered #1501 to #1504, dating from the 1982 - 1984 period when I was reading the comic semi-regularly.

In fact, I used to own issue #1501 (Desert Ordeal) back in the day and just looking at the interior artwork brings back some really nice memories. Unfortunately, the collection of Commando books that I built up in the early 1980s has long since gone, but depending on how much I enjoy reading these, I may have to start buying up more issues from the period.

Oh, here's some tasty shots of my bedroom carpet, by the way...

MY PULL LIST
    Astro City Kick-Ass 3 Star Wars: Dark Times Superior Spider-Man

Very cool. They remind me of some Irish comics I was given a while ago. I'll have to dig them up....
    - pmpknface

"Webs Away!!!"
    Read My CBR Articles!

Ahhhh man...My most successful thread ever ends at the 5K mark.

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Confessor View Post

In a zryson-esque stroke of luck, I stopped into my local secondhand book shop today and found a small stash of UK Commando comics dating from the early '80s to the early '90s. I picked up four consecutive issues, numbered #1501 to #1504, dating from the 1982 - 1984 period when I was reading the comic semi-regularly.
    Have you passed them on to your neighborhood's poor orphans & ebola victims yet?
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

In fact, I used to own issue #1501 (Desert Ordeal) back in the day and just looking at the interior artwork brings back some really nice memories. Unfortunately, the collection of Commando books that I built up in the early 1980s has long since gone, but depending on how much I enjoy reading these, I may have to start buying up more issues from the period.

Oh, here's some tasty shots of my bedroom carpet, by the way...

very nice indeed The Confessor! glad to see other people are visiting their local secondhand shops. they can be a goldmine for finding classic comics.

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    Have you passed them on to your neighborhood's poor orphans & ebola victims yet?
    well giving to others is a good cause.

oh and nice to see some new carpet!

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    well giving to others is a good cause.
    Especially here in Alabama, where probably not many people can read the words, though presumably they can appreciate the pictures.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    oh and nice to see some new carpet!
    I have it on good authority that The Confessor has been bunking with certain members of the royal family. They all had a luverly time at the wedding a few days ago.
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 05-04-2011 at 02:14 PM.

-- Reptisaurus!

And I see that, except for LR's notification of the first thread's cessation, my own post about Son of Satan #8 was the final one to appear there.

I dunno what the CBR equivalent of a No-Prize is, but I'll be watching my mailbox intently for its arrival.

-- Reptisaurus!

Nothing to see here folks! Just move along.
    Last edited by pakehafulla; 05-05-2011 at 02:26 AM. Reason: so i put it in the wrong thread okay...mutter mutter

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Got 4 of these in great shape for $15...have about 25 of the 'Archie' versions to unpack.

1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

So Jez, is there a particular type for you...you know in a collecting kinda way. Hero, romance, funny animal, humour? Is it mainly the older, or just some chaotic system that makes sense only to you? (not a bad thing...bless us all for our own random collecting urges)

Sorry if it seems like it but I aint taking the piss, just curious. You like some of the girlie stuff (oops my sexism slipped a bit there) but also seem to get into a lot of ummm... normal books too.

Okay i'm just guna go off in the corner and bang my head a few times...

NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dan bailey View Post
    I have it on good authority that The Confessor has been bunking with certain members of the royal family. They all had a luverly time at the wedding a few days ago.

Off with their heads and up the republic!
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City Kick-Ass 3 Star Wars: Dark Times Superior Spider-Man