Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: VIDEO: Green Lantern Guest Stars on "Batman: TB&tB"

Cartoon Network has released a pair of clips and several dozen images from the next episode of "Batman: The Brave and the Bold" guest-starring Green Lantern as he and the Caped Crusader take on Star Sapphire.

Full article here.

Those look fun.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Figures they actually BOTHER to advertise THIS episode.

Oh well, it does look fun. I predict plenty of people happy with the hero in the teaser.

Huh -- they've had Guy on before; was wondering when they'd get to Hal. They've done a good job with legacies; I love the episode with the three generations of Flashes.

Wonder Woman too. Neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thad View Post
    Huh -- they've had Guy on before; was wondering when they'd get to Hal.
    Technically speaking, Hal has showed up before in "The Eyes of Despero", but not much since. I don't even recall Guy getting his own episode like Hal is, just major appearances in certain episodes.

Star Sapphire? That's the enemy for this team up? She's a) too powerful for Bats, and b) why go to *Batman* to ask for help regarding this kind of problem? He can't even sort his own feelings about Catwoman! The Tattooed Man (who I see shows up as well, but probably just as a cameo) would be a better foe to fit both Gl and Batman.(His power is kind of limited, and he has underworld connections.)

I've been kinda let down by the series lately. Some episodes have been really, really bad- the one where FOUR superheroes try to cover for Batman while he's recovering from broken bones and he STILL has to save them in the end, is taking the whole "Batman is better than ANYONE" idea too far. Why does he need help then?

Quote Originally Posted by Sijo View Post
    Star Sapphire? That's the enemy for this team up? She's a) too powerful for Bats, and b) why go to *Batman* to ask for help regarding this kind of problem? He can't even sort his own feelings about Catwoman! The Tattooed Man (who I see shows up as well, but probably just as a cameo) would be a better foe to fit both Gl and Batman.(His power is kind of limited, and he has underworld connections.)
    Dude, one of the episode was against flippin' DARKSEID! Though Batman actually got his ass kicked by him and didn't beat him, no other villain can be "too powerful" for him after that.

I've been kinda let down by the series lately. Some episodes have been really, really bad- the one where FOUR superheroes try to cover for Batman while he's recovering from broken bones and he STILL has to save them in the end, is taking the whole "Batman is better than ANYONE" idea too far. Why does he need help then?
    To be fair, the other heroes did successfully stop the crime wave without Batman's help. Though, yeah, the final encounter with the Joker was just plain stupid. Not only was the final villain choice painfully predictable, but frickin' Captain Marvel getting knocked out by him? The others just stood there and watch Batman beat Joker up? They should have at least let the heroes each take a hit at him.