Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by 1505627 View Post
    so, this chapter confirms that toriko's world is much bigger than ours. 30 billion people in the human world alone. Dayum

however this chapter was pretty short

That was known for quite some time. check out the map. those little continents in the middle of the human world are equivalent of earth ones. There are continents twice as big as euroasia in human world. And human world is only about 30% of planet surface.

Is anyone missed it, the author has an obsession with cramming big numbers everywhere.
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."

Cruel and Unusual Sound Silence's Avatar

The snowball of craziness keeps rolling.

You know something?

Trying to figure out what the Hell is going on in Toriko is an excercise in futility.

Seriously, the author must have been on crack when he came up with a world as insane, as messed up, as this one.

Frankly I think Toriko makes Bobobo-bo bo bobo seem normal.
    Show me a bitter nazi and I'll show you a sour kraut.

Check out my gallery at :http://r-gonz.deviantart.com/

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

You must have a low tolerance for strangeness. Toriko's is no more confusing than One Piece, HunterXHunter or Soul Eater.

Seriously, what's so confusing to you?
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Hell, I'd say that Toriko is one of the more straightforward mangas out there at the moment.

Strangeness is one thing and I can accept it, but Toriko is more than strangeness . . . Toriko is some major mind s***w.
    Last edited by Rod G; 03-24-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hell, I'd say that Toriko is one of the more straightforward mangas out there at the moment.
    Anyone who believes that might not want to admit that they don't understand what's going on in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Anyone who believes that might not want to admit that they don't understand what's going on in the series.

Manly dude hunts ingredients, many of which are giant ass monsters that he fights with his bare hands, to sell on the global market in a world where everything is decided by food in one way or another. Manly dude meets small dude who works as a chef and turns out to be a prodigy in that field. They become partners in hunting down ingredients.

Manly dude is later revealed to be part of a four dude group of hunters that were trained by an Old sensei kind of dude who turns out to be a big shot in the world. The other three dudes are Poison dude, Pretty dude and Crazy Awesome dude.

In this world you can a lot get stronger by eating special ingredidents because that's the way bodies work here.

The bad guys are a large bunch of dudes whose goals include making themselves crazy strong via the ingredients, monopolise the food market and eventually take over the world.

Manly dude and his dude friends often encounter the bad dudes and fight them in epic battles. Right now the bad dudes interrupted a tournament arc.

There's a bit more but that's the general gist of it. What is so confusing or complicated about Toriko? Seriously, details please!

EDIT: Oh and there's LOTS of bromancing.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 03-24-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Manly dude hunts ingredients, many of which are giant ass monsters that he fights with his bare hands, to sell on the global market in a world where everything is decided by food in one way or another. Manly dude meets small dude who works as a chef and turns out to be a prodigy in that field. They become partners in hunting down ingredients.

Manly dude is later revealed to be part of a four dude group of hunters that were trained by an Old sensei kind of dude who turns out to be a big shot in the world. The other three dudes are Poison dude, Pretty dude and Crazy Awesome dude.

In this world you can a lot get stronger by eating special ingredidents because that's the way bodies work here.

The bad guys are a large bunch of dudes whose goals include making themselves crazy strong via the ingredients, monopolise the food market and eventually take over the world.

Manly dude and his dude friends often encounter the bad dudes and fight them in epic battles. Right now the bad dudes interrupted a tournament arc.

There's a bit more but that's the general gist of it. What is so confusing or complicated about Toriko? Seriously, details please!

EDIT: Oh and there's LOTS of bromancing.
    Did you spend sleepless hours trying to catch THAT particular gist? Did you actually suceed where I didn't?

I can't speak for anybody else, but for me, it seemed like a chaotic jumble, with random characters popping in and out of the storyline without ryhme or reason.

What you stated may be the general plot but the execution of said plot,IMO,veered towards the incomprehensible.
    Last edited by Rod G; 03-24-2013 at 12:58 PM.

Did you spend sleepless hours trying to catch THAT particular gist? Did you actually suceed where I didn't?
    No need to be so hostile. Sorry if I offended you or anything. I meant no harm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod G
    I can't speak for anybody else, but for me, it seemed like a chaotic jumble, with random characters popping in and out of the storyline without ryhme or reason.

What you stated may be the general plot but the execution of said plot,IMO,veered towards the incomprehensible.
    There is a lot going on for sure and each arc introduces characters that may or may not appear later on. But overall I still think that it's easy to follow. The main characters go hunting and most of the time they fight either monsters, robots or other superpowered people. It's a very episodic narrative, much more so than most shounen action manga of today so that might add to the problems.

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

really, if you can follow one piece, you can follow toriko. simple as that.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

Got to side with the majority here.

Toriko is pretty formulaic and I have no trouble following the plot or anything like that.

Follow me on Tumblr!

It's STILL confusing as hell.

It's STILL confusing as hell.
    But how does it confuse you exactly?

As a proviso; I'm not trying to come of as mean or belittle your intelligence here, that's not my intention at all. But I am quite bewildered as to how someone could find Toriko of all things particularly confusing.

What is it about it that confuses you?

Is it the Gourmet Cells thing? The way the IGO functions? The basic premise of the world? The characters? What?

Follow me on Tumblr!

I would've never though that'd someone would find Toriko confusing. Most of it is just Toriko going after some ingredient. It's no Soul Eater!
    "I checked the abandoned warehouse, only to find it abandoned..."