Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: WB Releases New Kilowog, Sinestro "Green Lantern" Posters

Warner Brothers has released two new posters for this summer's "Green Lantern" movie, featuring hi-res shots of Mark Strong's Sinestro and Kilowog, who will be voiced by Michael Clarke Duncan

Full article here.

Wow. These look incredible. I think I have a new wallpaper for my PC

Kilowog in particular looks great. Sinestro is badass looking. I get more excited every week for this movie.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

Something about Sinestro looks off to me. Maybe it's the extended forehead. Something uncanny valley-ish, like they just missed making it look convincing.

But I'm still pretty pumped for this movie in a way I hadn't been until the Wondercon footage.

Sinestro in this movie looks mad creepy.

Nice! Hope these start popping up in theaters over the weekend.

Sinestro looks stupid.
    Keeping the snidley whiplash mustache is pro though, i hope his name is sinestro when he is good still and they act surprised when he goes evil.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanWinner View Post
    Something about Sinestro looks off to me. Maybe it's the extended forehead. Something uncanny valley-ish, like they just missed making it look convincing.

But I'm still pretty pumped for this movie in a way I hadn't been until the Wondercon footage.
    As opposed to how a real alien would look?

I think they both look ok...

Quote Originally Posted by RickIsley View Post
    As opposed to how a real alien would look?

I think they both look ok...
    When the only thing identifying you as an alien is a slighty enlarged forehead and a different skin tone, you could just keep the skin tone and not bother with the forehead because it looks fake.

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by GohanWinner View Post

I thought Sinestro was mostly prosthetics and some digital touchups (aside from the costume).

They look pretty good to me. The aliens in this movie look fantastic.

Awesome. Though Kilowog looks a little bit off at that angle, and I wish they had kept the huge wide jaw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    When the only thing identifying you as an alien is a slighty enlarged forehead and a different skin tone, you could just keep the skin tone and not bother with the forehead because it looks fake.
    But that's an identifying feature of the character. And say the whole species has large foreheads (I know Korugarians don't all have them but just pretend) that's part of what makes them alien to us.
    Pull List: Action Comics, Green Lantern, GLC, GL: New Guardians, Justice League, The Flash, Batman Inc, Batman, Nightwing, Batman & Robin, Dial H, Animal Man, Frankenstien, Earth-2

They're better than the Thor posters, but Drew Struzan still weeps for the artform.
    The Punisher: I’m going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pants™ Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and you’ll die screaming! And I’ll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Kinda wondering why they paid live action artists at all.
    "I think we can help. Mercedes is black; I'm gay. We make culture." - Kurt, Glee.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    They're better than the Thor posters, but Drew Struzan still weeps for the artform.
    I always thought Sinestro's forehead was an artistic choice on the part of the comic artist (like having women with huge boobs/wrist-sized waists and even sleek heroes with impossibly large physiques), so seeing it realized as an actually large, semi-bulby head is a mixed bag for me.

Conversely though, and I guess this means I'm inconsistent, but I always pictured Kilowog's jaw to be bigger. However, NOW that's me being nitpicky (I've rarely been satisfied with Kilowog's non-comic appearances).

Other than that, I agree about the Thor posters. These are a lot more dynamic, even if they're standing still trying to look bad-ass. Environment really helps.
    Last edited by Cyke; 04-26-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    “What I think the political correctness debate is really about is the power to be able to define. The definers want the power to name. And the defined are now taking that power away from them.”

Wow, these look like crap. We get a shaved poodle on steroids called Kilowog, there's Tomar-Re who doesn't get a costume, he gets body paint...and Sinestro...wow, they really went out of their way to make this look stupid.
    Add to that the train wrecks called Thor and Captian America and we have a trio of crap that people will think looks great.

Wow, these look like crap. We get a shaved poodle on steroids called Kilowog, there's Tomar-Re who doesn't get a costume, he gets body paint...and Sinestro...wow, they really went out of their way to make this look stupid.
    Add to that the train wrecks called Thor and Captian America and we have a trio of crap that people will think looks great.