Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dragon Age 3 possible plots? (possible spoilers)

Hey since there had been some time since DA2 came out, I wanted to ask if you guys have any ideas regarding the possible sequel? Beware that the this will contain spoilers for Dragon Age and Dragon Age 2. Here is what we know so far.

- Morrigan's baby (Warden/Alistair/Loghain being the possible father depending on the choices you made in Origins): Obviosly the potential future protagonist, antagonist or even ally. Either way since the baby holds the soul of the Old God it will certainly be brought back.

- Templar/Mage War: DA2 ended with the Mage Circles and the Templar's going to war. The Chantry being an inoffical third party wihtout that much influence any more since the Templars abounded them.

- Morrigan: What happened to her after she entered the Mirror?

- Flemeth: Her Origins and ultimate plans also remain unknown.

- Starkheaven/Sebastian; will he reclaim his throne and what happned to him after the end of DA2

- War with Orlais; or at least that was hinted by Alistair and Teagen in DA2

Whatever the plot is in DA3, I wont them to abandon the whole Hawke thing. Seriously, I don't think I can subscribe to one hero for an entire franchise like they do in Mass Effect. To much hero worship is just as bad as poor story telling in my opinion. A person who gets that much credit is not going to go unopposed, and since Hawke isn't invincible or immortal someone would likely killed them eventually, or Hawke lays low for the rest of his or her days.

I want them to go back to origins in that you pick a member of the 3 or 4 races and create a character, even if they make it so that the beginning in generically the same, like no matter who you pick you escape a slave traders hold or something and can't return to your place of birth. So long as some parts ofthe game recognize your race or gender then im good with that, but playing Hawke and only Hawke for entire new game is not very appealing to me.
    Last edited by Kage Kisaragi; 04-26-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

I would imagine you would go after Hawke. Or something like that. But I also agree that they should let you pick your race and background.
    My Yu-Gi-Oh! card
    My magic card
    Magic The Gathering: Evil Ryu

Fear me.
    And my serpent.

The Seven Sins of Star Wars

1: Yoda can beat God
    2: Blaster pistols can blow up planets
    3: Lighsabers are as hot as the sun
    4: Luke Skywalker can move black holes
    5: Star Destroyers can blow up planets
    6: Darth Sidious rips Superman's head off
    7: General Grevious has Force TK

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed is not canon to anything. Nor is the new Clone Wars movie.

I was disappointed with DA:2. I would want the 3rd game to focus back on your character from the first game, and certainly progress the Morrigan story. So long as it did that, I would be happy, regardless of what else it did.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

There was only a minimal narrative connection between DA:O and DA2, so I don't think we'll be seeing a direct sequel. That seems to be what expansions and DLC are used for.

That said, I'll guess it'll be something to do with the ongoing Tevinter/Qunari conflict.
    Expletive Deleted

I wonder if they'll ever going to get into how the Darkspawn really came to be.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    There was only a minimal narrative connection between DA:O and DA2, so I don't think we'll be seeing a direct sequel. That seems to be what expansions and DLC are used for.
    I cant be the only one who thought the DLC for DA:O, especially Witchhunt, was just so underwhelming?

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

Witchhunt was a mess. I thought Awakenings was pretty decent, though.
    Expletive Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Witchhunt was a mess. I thought Awakenings was pretty decent, though.
    Depends really, I thought that Witchhunt was rather ominous but that they wouldn't reveal anything of relevance since they had been planing on making Dragon Age a trilogy.

I don't think they're planning it as a trilogy but as an ongoing series, like Elder Scrolls.

For what it's worth, I thought Witchhunt was the best Dragon Age DLC, but I guess it loses a bit when played with a warden who didn't romance Morrigan.
    Last edited by carabas; 04-26-2011 at 04:30 AM.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post

For what it's worth, I thought Witchhunt was the best Dragon Age DLC, but I guess it loses a bit when played with a warden who didn't romance Morrigan.
    I played as a female mage who was best mates with Morrigan during the main game. Helped her fulfill her personal quests, took up her offer to save me with the black magic ritual.

Witchhunt disappointed me. I walked around a couple of areas, found the things I was after. Went to where Morrigan was hiding, waltzed past the creature/boss thing, had a chat with Morrigan (had the opportunity to ask her why she betrayed me despite her doing no such thing) then let her leave. She said she left me a gift but I didnt even get to see it as the game abrubptly ends.

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    I played as a female mage who was best mates with Morrigan during the main game. Helped her fulfill her personal quests, took up her offer to save me with the black magic ritual.

Witchhunt disappointed me. I walked around a couple of areas, found the things I was after. Went to where Morrigan was hiding, waltzed past the creature/boss thing, had a chat with Morrigan (had the opportunity to ask her why she betrayed me despite her doing no such thing) then let her leave. She said she left me a gift but I didnt even get to see it as the game abrubptly ends.
    The gift is a few items you can use through subsequent playthrus. A robe and a bow i think.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Well, I romanced her, and parted amicably at the end of DAO.

Well, ther was the minor glitch of the betrayal you mentioned, but there was heartyfelt reunion, and after some persuasion we left through the mirror together.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry121 View Post
    - Starkheaven/Sebastian; will he reclaim his throne and what happned to him after the end of DA2
    I remember reading somewhere that more of Sebastian's story will get told through DA2 DLC.

So we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Kisaragi View Post
    Whatever the plot is in DA3, I wont them to abandon the whole Hawke thing. Seriously, I don't think I can subscribe to one hero for an entire franchise like they do in Mass Effect. To much hero worship is just as bad as poor story telling in my opinion. A person who gets that much credit is not going to go unopposed, and since Hawke isn't invincible or immortal someone would likely killed them eventually, or Hawke lays low for the rest of his or her days.

I want them to go back to origins in that you pick a member of the 3 or 4 races and create a character, even if they make it so that the beginning in generically the same, like no matter who you pick you escape a slave traders hold or something and can't return to your place of birth. So long as some parts ofthe game recognize your race or gender then im good with that, but playing Hawke and only Hawke for entire new game is not very appealing to me.
    See, I'm okay with sacrificing some originality and choice in character creation in order to end up with an actual character. Having played 1 right before 2, it's amazing how much more fun I found Hawke just because he could actually speak when interacting with people. I don't want to lose that aspect.

As far as the sequal goes, there's still something going on with those Forsaken you encountered in the deep Thaig, as well as the ominous warnings from Nathaniel Howe and the other Grey Warden in the city. I think a sequal might focus on that area.

I'd also like a chance to see what life is like in Tevinter or Orlais.