Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BartonisHawkeye88 View Post
    wow.... really?

that's pretty much blasphemy, bahaha.
    And I'm definitely 22, chief...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    I'm twenty one and I still think it was one of the greatest Avengers runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telos View Post
    I'm 14 and I thought they were way better than what Bendis is churning out now.
    Don't be ridiculous. you're clearly all 60 year olds in disguise. Me too. I thought I was 36 but clearly I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCzar View Post
    Huge fan of boh Wolverine and Spider-Man, but I don't like seeing both on multiple Avengers team's. I'd like to see Spidey on new Avengers and Wolverine on Avengers. Having them in both titles is over kill
    I'd like Spidey on Avengers and Wolverine on Secret Avengers actually. With Moon Knight moving to New Avengers from Secret. But maybe that's just me...

And, yes, I love Wolverine & Spider-man as Avengers.

Like them with Cage's crew, but not in Thor's.

Quote Originally Posted by Telos View Post
    It's mainly because they are so overexposed. Most people don't mind if they stay on New Avengers, but two teams? Excessive. They're only there to make money, not because their personalities gel with the rest of the team. Also, they both have their own solo titles and are already involved with multiple other groups.

Most of the guys you just listed never were members of the main team (with the exception of Thor), they were New Avengers, which is essentially a retitled Defenders. And I want Rulk and Protector to be kicked off Avengers just as much as Spidey and Wolvie.

Triathlon and Silverclaw may not have been big names, but so what? They were more interesting to read. There was more drama. Have you actually read of the Busiek stories?

By the way, I also personally think Marvel should have an all-star title with Wolverine, Spider-Man and Hulk on it, but I don't want Avengers to be that title. Something similar to Marvel Adventures: Avengers, but a little less kiddy.
    I have no issue with one team book starring them but two is just too much. They should be in New Avengers with the Thing and Doctor Strange. I'm totally cool with that.

I really miss Roger Stern's team of Cap, Wasp, Namor, Hercules, Captain Marvel,Black Knight, and Beast. I just want to have a different cast in each book otherwise, why even bother?

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

For the most part, I love them on Avengers, and Bendis writes the only version of both that I can currently stand.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    For the most part, I love them on Avengers, and Bendis writes the only version of both that I can currently stand.
    Don't get me wrong here, I like the way Bendis writes both characters but how can you take away Jason Aaron on Wolverine and Dan Slott on Spider-Man?

they make great avengers and are some of the characters that bendis writes best

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Don't get me wrong here, I like the way Bendis writes both characters but how can you take away Jason Aaron on Wolverine and Dan Slott on Spider-Man?
    I love Dan Slott but it's hard to top Ultimate Spider-Man. Bendis does a nice job of making Spider-Man the moral compass of the team. Spider-Man fits in perfectly with the Avengers. For a guy who was supposedly such a loner, he used to team up with practically everyone back in the days of Marvel Team-Up, from A-list to D-list.

Jason Aaron does write Wolverine better, though. I feel Bendis needs to make him more badass since that's his role

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    I gotta ask since so many people passionately hate their association with team. Yes, I know alot people don't want them on the team I know and understand their reason though I may not agree with them...

What I want to know is... Am I the only who loves Wolverine and Spider-Man on the team?? All go a step further I like how the team is star studded with guys like Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Marvel Boy, Rulk, Ben Grimm, Thor, and etc.

Honestly, looking back their were a lot of losers on the roster. No wonder no one was reading the franchise. I mean Triathlon, Silverclaw... Really??? I think that shifting the franchise toward All-Star Line-Up was the single smartest thing Marvel has done in the last decade...
    Totally agree, I like the way the characters play off each other. Adding the Thing made it even better.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Brown View Post
    Totally agree, I like the way the characters play off each other. Adding the Thing made it even better.
    Yeah, I think too many people are too hung up on this (in my opinion fabricated) notion of what is or isn't a "real" Avenger, instead of just enjoying the fact that these are fun characters.

Spidey is cool. Wolverine is cool. Throw in Cage and Thing, and I think you have funnest crew of superheroes in all of comics.

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    Wow. Ultron Unlimited and Kang Dynasty piss all over anything Bendis has ever done with the Avengers.

I'm 24 and i think that. Bendis' Avengers are not hip and cool. Unless The Hills and Jersey Shore is cool?

Anyway, Wolverine and Spidey are on the Avengers teams for one simple reason. $$$
    Whats with these comparisons to the Hills, Jersey Shore or Michael Bay? Seems like cheap shots to me. Hes been writing this exact way for over 10 years, way before Hills or JS (I dont even understand the comparison anyways).
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Spider-man is in FF, Avengers, NA.
    Wolverine is in AXM, UXM, XM, XF, A, NA....... Is wolverine in XM?

These people need to be off some teams for the simple fact of all the goofiness all these interactions bring. I mean, just wait till Fear Itself is half way in and Wolverine is in Avengers, XF and XM books all at the same time fighting. Is XM books getting Tie-ins to Fear?

You cant have both a separate and connected universe.
    I know Marvel is trying to sell books but come on... figure something out. Make some new characters, throw more clones into it or something.

I really enjoy them both as Avengers. And I actually think they're (Along with Cage) the characters Bendis has written the best.

And for the record, I loved Silverclaw!
    Oh my god, Canon! *masturbates furiously*
    - just another user

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Brown View Post
    Whats with these comparisons to the Hills, Jersey Shore or Michael Bay? Seems like cheap shots to me. Hes been writing this exact way for over 10 years, way before Hills or JS (I dont even understand the comparison anyways).
    His characters talk like retarded frat boys or valley girls. The connection is pretty clear.

The Michael Bay comparison comes because he tries to do big outlandish plots, but they fall flat and end up as shallow garbage.

Best Coast Avenger BartonisHawkeye88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bravery View Post
    His characters talk like retarded frat boys or valley girls. The connection is pretty clear.

The Michael Bay comparison comes because he tries to do big outlandish plots, but they fall flat and end up as shallow garbage.
    Bahahah. Indeed.

Remember folks, Twilight sells.
    Stephanie Meyer must be a literary genius.

but what do I know? I'm apparently 60 years old.
    13 years older than my dad.
    PULL: Hawkeye, Star Wars, Daredevil, Thor: God of Thunder, Secret Avengers