View Poll Results: where would you like to see Jono show up next after age of X?

Voters
45. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • keep him in X-Men Legacy

18 40.00%
  • new member of New Mutants?(with his "cousin" Blink?)

8 17.78%
  • X-Force's slap happy kill crew

8 17.78%
  • wherever Jubilee goes (BFF!!!)

10 22.22%
  • other

1 2.22%
Page 38 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Jono shouldnt fly, not like is normaly seen in comics. He should fully convert to plasma project himself to a specific point and reassemble himself there, sort of like the "Bats" spell in Skyrim or certain vampires do in Disc world, only with plasma. or "ride the lighting" spell elementalists get in GW2 is a better analogy.

Its unique, it is basicly the same thing, and it fits his powers.
    Alias Tenfists on Marvel message boards, same name at theforce.net

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    right now I think theyd rather be frenemies though....lol.
    Legion is totally "Withnail" and Chamber is totally "I"...
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Legion is totally "Withnail" and Chamber is totally "I"...
    I don't get it. #OutOfTheLoop

^its some British tv show/film something. Ive heard of the title but dont really know what its about...I assume it involved two brit dudes who bicker?

I didnt even know Marvel still printed letters. why does Si even have to be "allowed" to use Jono if he wants to? Im sure he wouldnt have to be "allowed" to use Wolverine.

^its some British tv show/film something. Ive heard of the title but dont really know what its about...I assume it involved two brit dudes who bicker?

I didnt even know Marvel still printed letters. why does Si even have to be "allowed" to use Jono if he wants to? Im sure he wouldnt have to be "allowed" to use Wolverine.
    Eh, I dunno why Marvel editorial does the things that it does. All I know is he told us to ask for more Chamber! So I'm going to.

EDIT: Oh look at that, I found an email! officex@marvel.com. Send emails about Chamber!
    Last edited by RickyD410; 02-03-2013 at 09:44 PM.

The whole flight thing never made any sense to me. I know Everett managed it with Jono's powers but it doesn't really seem to fit. I get annoyed when suddenly a mutant gets, like, every ability for no particular reason.

Projection is an interesting idea though and it fits. Though Marvel seems to be lessening Jono's powers for some reason.

It's pretty much the same deal as Cannonball or Ironman flying, Everett just focuses Jono's energy powers through his hands and point em at the floor to blast off. (or that's how I remember it)

That's a fair point about Cannonball. He never crossed my mind. I wonder, though, if Jono could do the same without causing himself damage? Seems like he'd be reluctant to try anything that would further destroy his already mangled body.

I think that's the big difference between him and Everett when it came to his powers. Due to the trauma caused by the first time his powers manifested, Jono never actually learnt how to release his energy through his skin, he just keeps it bottled up and unleashes it through the hole in his chest as and when he needs it.

Everett, on the other hand, knew what to expect when he synced with ol' chinless. Being the smart egg he was, he figured out how to release the energy in a much more controlled manner, without causing any damage to himself.

Again, this is entirely how I chose to interpret what went on and by no means cannon xD

Quote Originally Posted by BlitheFool View Post
    This thread makes me unbelievably happy. I randomly found it as one of my drawings was linked here. Anyway, we'll see if this attachment business works for me Attachment 107826
    Assuming it does, I miss Jono/Paige interaction. It's a shame she's apparently lost her mind in the current canon. I'm hoping Jono stays in X-Men Legacy as he's essentially a sight gag in Wolverine and the X-Men.
    Very cool, thanks for sharing! :D Makes me wish Husk and Chamber still, you know, interacted.

I agree with pretty much all of the comments said on this thread since my last post, I'm just too lazy to quote and respond to everything. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD410 View Post
    Haha yes, but that would only make it even more fun to see them eventually be buddies.

Question about Chamber's powers. From what I've seen, writers refer to his powers pretty differently. I always thought it was "psionic energy" (whatever that means, lol). But Si makes it act as though its just pure fire (the way it blew up the ammo in XML #4, and in his little video that we saw with the Marvel AR app, he says outright that Chamber is cool cus he has fire coming out of his face, lol. BUT Mimic in XML 265 said when he took Chamber's powers, he felt all cold.

Also: In XML #4, when Legion covered Chamber's face with skin, Chamber was ready to BURST right away. But all throughout Gen X, he kept his face wrapped up, and he was fine. So which is it?
    Yeah, I think it burns cold, like Mimic said in Legacy, but blew up the ammo 'cos it was full of energy, not 'cos of heat.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I adore his powers as a psionic manifestation! I loved that Bachalo drawing of the GenX cast from a couple months ago because it depicted his psionic flames taking shape as demons! That's frakkin' sweet! Plus it makes sense as a progression of his powers, how the flames represent his soul, his inner demons, which seperates him from the other tp's in the X-men. Betsy has her butterflies- Chamber has his demons. it's a thing of beauty. I'm just stoked he's getting some much needed panel time. I love this character so much!
    I've never heard it described this way before! Love that! Thanks for making it actually make sense to me and not just be badass, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HostilSpike View Post
    I think that's the big difference between him and Everett when it came to his powers. Due to the trauma caused by the first time his powers manifested, Jono never actually learnt how to release his energy through his skin, he just keeps it bottled up and unleashes it through the hole in his chest as and when he needs it.

Everett, on the other hand, knew what to expect when he synced with ol' chinless. Being the smart egg he was, he figured out how to release the energy in a much more controlled manner, without causing any damage to himself.

Again, this is entirely how I chose to interpret what went on and by no means canon xD
    Makes sense to me! :)

-----------------------------

more Jono in Legacy, yeay!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43593

I wonder if he's gonna be one of the x-men who join Legion's "side"?

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

It should be canon that while not having much of a face- Chamber has the distinction of being the X-man with the best hair. just gorgeous locks, silky to the touch.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Great news! I do enjoy the way Molina draws Mr. Starsmore.

I wonder if he's gonna be one of the x-men who join Legion's "side"?

It's possible? Though they didn't exactly get off on the right foot...

I would LOVE it if Chamber join's Legion's side! They'd be so funny together. Think of the banter! Sure, they didn't get off on the right foot, but again, that'll just make it more entertaining and interesting to see how it ends.

It should be canon that while not having much of a face- Chamber has the distinction of being the X-man with the best hair. just gorgeous locks, silky to the touch.
    I miss the Burtonesque hair of early Gen X...

more amazing art from BlitheFool(I hope you dont mind Blithe, this is too cool not to share.)

http://blithefool.deviantart.com/gallery/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mh1xliZrgM1r00bkdo1_500.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	108344

Name:	tumblr_mhvm3xQO4i1r00bkdo1_500.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	108345

Name:	tumblr_mhwsn1ggvr1r00bkdo2_500.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	108346

Please paint that sculpt!

ps-does anyone know how to post pics so they dont come out as thumbnails?
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 02-08-2013 at 04:14 PM.