View Poll Results: where would you like to see Jono show up next after age of X?

Voters
45. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • keep him in X-Men Legacy

18 40.00%
  • new member of New Mutants?(with his "cousin" Blink?)

8 17.78%
  • X-Force's slap happy kill crew

8 17.78%
  • wherever Jubilee goes (BFF!!!)

10 22.22%
  • other

1 2.22%
Page 37 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

I'd take that! They were on the same staff and never interacted once. Hell, I would have settled for a 'hi'.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    blithefool! I see you all the time on tumblr & devart!I love your Chamber art! Its so cute! I loved the comic you did with Rogue.

yes its dumb that they dont let any Gen Xers interact. Weve talked about it b4 here. Its like some weird conspiracy. How could the have both been in Legacy AND WATX & not ever shared a word. Also no interaction with any gen Xers & vamp Jubilee. Youd think theyd care that their best friend is a bloodsucker now.
    Oh! Hi! Thanks so much! I have been drawing him a lot lately, haven't I? He just keeps on appearing in my sketch pad. There aren't many Gen-Xer's left so you'd think the remaining crew would be pals still.

I think Chamber would prefer to blow Legion up than be his buddy right now.

yeah i was referring to Legion & Chamber as frenemies. Though I wouldnt mind Husk & Chamber as frenemies too. Just let them talk to each other, dammit!

right now I think theyd rather be frenemies though....lol.
    Haha yes, but that would only make it even more fun to see them eventually be buddies.

Question about Chamber's powers. From what I've seen, writers refer to his powers pretty differently. I always thought it was "psionic energy" (whatever that means, lol). But Si makes it act as though its just pure fire (the way it blew up the ammo in XML #4, and in his little video that we saw with the Marvel AR app, he says outright that Chamber is cool cus he has fire coming out of his face, lol. BUT Mimic in XML 265 said when he took Chamber's powers, he felt all cold.

Also: In XML #4, when Legion covered Chamber's face with skin, Chamber was ready to BURST right away. But all throughout Gen X, he kept his face wrapped up, and he was fine. So which is it?

Hm. You're right. His power isn't treated very consistently (of course plenty of X-characters suffer the same problem). My understanding is it's not hot at all. It just looks like fire but it's energy. His power is explosive but I'm pretty sure it doesn't burn in the literal sense. His leather bandages still vent they just cover him up so he doesn't scare the normals. That muck that Legion covered him with was like skin, essentially.

Well I love that Si Spurrier loves him so much. So if Si wants to say its actual fire... maybe we should let him for now, haha. He was pretty badass in today's XML!

starleaf has her scans up on comicvine. He only gets a few scenes mostly fighting the wraiths.

yeah he's supposed to have the capacity to become an omega level telepath according to Lobdell's original description. But Ive noticed theyve been downgrading him a lot lately to the point that I dont think they want his powers associated with any kind of psionic ability. He had "psionic energy blasts" during Gage's Legacy run & now he's just "energy manipulation" for X-Men 40-41. Which is stupid b/c then how does one explain the telepathic speech? He just cant randomly have an unrelated second mutation.

Id actually prefer theyd just explain that this energy he has is some weird partly psionic anomaly & unique to him & that no other mutant has it. That way he can use telpathic speech without actually being a telepath(if it bothers the editors so much). Also he should be able to make constructs out of it, cuz that would be aweome. :)
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 01-31-2013 at 03:36 PM.

starleaf has her scans up on comicvine. He only gets a few scenes mostly fighting the wraiths.

yeah he's supposed to have the capacity to become an omega level telepath according to Lobdell's original description. But Ive noticed theyve been downgrading him a lot lately to the point that I dont think they want his powers associated with any kind of psionic ability. He had "psionic energy blasts" during Gage's Legacy run & now he's just "energy manipulation" for X-Men 40-41. Which is stupid b/c then how does one explain the telepathic speech? He just cant randomly have an unrelated second mutation.

Id actually prefer theyd just explain that this energy he has is some weird partly psionic anomaly & unique to him & that no other mutant has it. That way he can use telpathic speech without actually being a telepath(if it bothers the editors so much). Also he should be able to make constructs out of it, cuz that would be aweome. :)
    Well in the BKV Chamber series from back in the day, he actually ran into another mutant with the exact same powers as his. He died, because unlike Chamber, he didnt have a hole in his chest/face, so the energy built up, and then... boom.

I like his powers psionic. I think of it as psionic energy. Right now it just blasts people, but if he fine tuned it, maybe it could cause hallucinations or something. I think of him as a furnace of psychic energy. Which would be why he can communicate with telepathy.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I adore his powers as a psionic manifestation! I loved that Bachalo drawing of the GenX cast from a couple months ago because it depicted his psionic flames taking shape as demons! That's frakkin' sweet! Plus it makes sense as a progression of his powers, how the flames represent his soul, his inner demons, which seperates him from the other tp's in the X-men. Betsy has her butterflies- Chamber has his demons. it's a thing of beauty. I'm just stoked he's getting some much needed panel time. I love this character so much!
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

The constructs are a really cool idea. I hope they take Bachalo's idea and run with it. I'm just happy he's in books consistently again- even if it is only for a couple panels! Though I do wish he'd DO something in Wolverine and the X-Men besides show up every 6 issues as a running gag.

Oh yeah. I think forming his energy into shapes is a very natural and logical progression of his powers.

Still waiting for him to learn to fly. To be fair, still waiting for him to learn to produce energy from somewhere other then his 'hole'. I guess Sync's use of his power was too long ago to ever be replicated...

Quote Originally Posted by HostilSpike View Post
    Still waiting for him to learn to fly. To be fair, still waiting for him to learn to produce energy from somewhere other then his 'hole'. I guess Sync's use of his power was too long ago to ever be replicated...
    Yes, I've thought about that too. Not sure how I feel about it. I dont know if it makes much sense, and I always think its weird when people randomly start to fly, even in comics (Magma, Warpath, etc.).

I think he should fly, Im sick of seeing him being hauled around by the armpits.

I think he should fly, Im sick of seeing him being hauled around by the armpits.
    Lol, with that logic, why not just make every X-Man fly?

Anyone know how people write into Marvel for the Letters pages of comics? We should write to Daniel Ketchum and ask for more Chamber in Legacy. Si said he'd write Chamber as much as he was allowed, and in the Marvel AR app, he told us to write to Marvel and ask for more Chamber!