View Poll Results: where would you like to see Jono show up next after age of X?

Voters
45. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • keep him in X-Men Legacy

18 40.00%
  • new member of New Mutants?(with his "cousin" Blink?)

8 17.78%
  • X-Force's slap happy kill crew

8 17.78%
  • wherever Jubilee goes (BFF!!!)

10 22.22%
  • other

1 2.22%
Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    Not crazy about the X-men art. I wonder how long the new costume is gonna last. Why did they bother giving him one anyway. Isnt he just in this team for the last 2 issues? I doubt he's gonna be in XX unless that doesnt end up being an all female X-team. And thats if XX even ends up being a continuation of this team.
    I dunno, it's nice that he has an actually costume. Maybe it'll make creators take him more seriously instead of referring to him as that background character in street clothes. Even though he's only in two issues, there definitely seems to be an effort to put him in the spotlight. Hopefully better exposure could lead to future appearances in a new or established series.

My guess is that this new artist doesn't like drawing belts.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post

It reminded me of Shawn Yap's redesign, too! Here it is:

EDIT: P.S.: Love the taglines for these characters, especially Jono's: "Former moody teen Brit from Generation X. No longer very moody. Still British."
    thanks! yeah thats the one. Its the shoes & giant X that are white. Very similar but I actually prefer it without guns. Too "Pyro" for my taste.

I find "energy manipulation" in the roster description weird too. Thats the first time Ive heard his power described in such a generic way.

I dunno, it's nice that he has an actually costume. Maybe it'll make creators take him more seriously instead of referring to him as that background character in street clothes. Even though he's only in two issues, there definitely seems to be an effort to put him in the spotlight. Hopefully better exposure could lead to future appearances in a new or established series.
    I agree, & i had thought of that as well. A more traditional looking costume(though this looks more like a Morrison era uniform) would make him more accessible to those all important "new readers". Also the "not so moody" line, well, shaving off some of that angst that makes the character a bit unlikable to some readers would also help to make him more usable. I just hope they dont overdo it. The "Here we go, X-men" line seems really off....

EDIT: sorry I have to add one more thing. I was looking thru the Sabes/Chamber fight panel more closely & I just noticed that at the end he's channeling his psi fire through the X on his chest. Thats rather cool & I always wondered why its taken them so long to make him a costume with tech that allows him to do somehting like that.
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 01-13-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nate-grey View Post
    Hmm, that's a good point, although I've never seen Jono as a "uniform" kind of guy. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by HostilSpike View Post
    My guess is that this new artist doesn't like drawing belts.
    Hahaha! XD

thanks! yeah thats the one. Its the shoes & giant X that are white. Very similar but I actually prefer it without guns. Too "Pyro" for my taste.

I find "energy manipulation" in the roster description weird too. Thats the first time Ive heard his power described in such a generic way.
    You're welcome! Yeah, that IS weird, but considering we now know he's definitetly only in those two issues, written by a guest writer, I guess they didn't feel like bothering to do more. "Energy furnace" is almost as generic and a bit cooler sounding, though, so they could've gone with that. As long as the writer understands Jono's power, though, in terms of what it can do, I'll be happy.

I agree, & i had thought of that as well. A more traditional looking costume(though this looks more like a Morrison era uniform) would make him more accessible to those all important "new readers". Also the "not so moody" line, well, shaving off some of that angst that makes the character a bit unlikable to some readers would also help to make him more usable. I just hope they dont overdo it. The "Here we go, X-men" line seems really off....
    Interesting thoughts, that could very well be the case! Would also explain the generic description of his power, trying to keep it simple for "new readers." But Jono's not a teen anymore and has grown up some, learned to accept his situation more, etc., so the not-so-moody line makes sense. Maybe he's just pleased he's not Apocalypse, Jr. anymore, I don't know. ;D

The "Here we go, X-Men" line seems in-character to me, given that, based on his expression, it's said grimly... what would be "really off" was if he said it like Pixie: "Here we go, X-Men!" (with a smilie face)

EDIT: sorry I have to add one more thing. I was looking thru the Sabes/Chamber fight panel more closely & I just noticed that at the end he's channeling his psi fire through the X on his chest. Thats rather cool & I always wondered why its taken them so long to make him a costume with tech that allows him to do somehting like that.
    I was thinking the same thing! Explains the color of the giant X, in any case. Very cool. ;D Does it really require tech, though? That's where the hole in his chest is anyway... (though he prefers a mouth blast, I'd think a chest blast would be completely reasonable as well.) Unless you mean tech that prevents him from destroying his costume every time he does a chest blast...

X-Men #40 came out today!

The art is pretty uneven, not much gets accomplished, and I'm a bit concerned they ~may~ have forgotten about Jono's chest being blasted off (unless, in AoX, it wa only his mouth and therefore only his mouth now...?), but he's wearing a shirt, so at least there's no outright breakage of rules like the whole "neck" thing in Gage's Legacy, lol (although, if it was just the mouth, then it wouldn't be breakage there either, now would it?).

Chamber gets a couple of good moments in it. I think, for good or ill, you can tell it was written by a fan of the character.

P.S. you're right about the chest X-Blast being tech! Between this and someone postulating that the rainbow sparks on Terry Dodson's new X-Men cover are the result of rejiggered Wondra tech, I think it'd be really cool if they finally acknowledged the tech that Jubes and Jono got from New Warriors... but, meh, it's probably one of those "cover only" things (a.k.a. "covers lie").

Here's a few pics with him in it:

Sorry to double-post, but forgot to mention...

Pixie said Logan thought it'd be a good idea to have a "few" response teams in the wake of new mutants emerging, for the school. She then goes on to list that "Storm and Angel" will be heading them up.

I could definitely see Brian Wood alternating between these two teams in the new "X-Men" volume and it seems to me like Chamber's going to be on Angel's team... because, given how he's on the team here, it's kind of odd that he'd only be on it for one mission a.k.a. two issues.

Not to mention that would mean Brian Wood is writing Jubilee AND Chamber (if only alternatingly!).

Unless you mean tech that prevents him from destroying his costume every time he does a chest blast...
    yea I meant that. :) When I first saw the preview I was thinking, oh what a nice new costume, too bad he's gonna blow a giant hole in it.

as for the scan(thanks again!) yeeesh, the art. Okay by now Ive come to accept(relunctantly) that b/c Chamber is pretty low on the editors list of priorities, Im gonna have to put up with constant misinterprtation/representation of his power. As well as those pesky black colored speech bubbles that are always slipping by. But its sooo annoying. And what is with the hair. Thank goodness Molina is drawing an excellent Jono in Legacy. I just hope he stays there after the first arc.

I could definitely see Brian Wood alternating between these two teams in the new "X-Men" volume and it seems to me like Chamber's going to be on Angel's team... because, given how he's on the team here, it's kind of odd that he'd only be on it for one mission a.k.a. two issues.
    I hope youre right! And of course once again we'd get 2 Gen Xers in the same book not allowed to interact. They just looove those kids, dont they. ;)
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 01-16-2013 at 03:33 PM.

I hope youre right! And of course once again we'd get 2 Gen Xers in the same book not allowed to interact. They just looove those kids, dont they. ;)
    I hadn't thought of that! Haha, that would be hilarious, not that it's stopping me from wanting to see them in the same book again... after all, that's buying one series instead of two, which is good for my wallet. ;P

Anyway, here's an interview with Si Spurrier:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43202

I really hope Chamber continues in -- or at least, comes back to -- Legacy at some point. I get the feeling that after Legion has finished with Wolverine's X-Men in the opening arc, we won't see him again.

On the positive side, here's a page from X-Men: Legacy #5 with Chamber in it, drawn by Molina:

Here's the lettered page, this may be one of my favorite recent Chamber appearances yet!

It really irked me that they forgot to change the font colour when Jono talks twice in X-men 40. Still it's nice to see him popping up so much at the moment ^^

I didnt realize Jono was appearing in X-Men! I bought Legacy because I knew he was appearing there. I've liked what I've seen so far. I hope he appears more often! I asked Si on Twitter and he said he'd write Jono in as much as he can get away with.

I hope that means well keep seeing him in Legacy. I dont think he'll show up elsewhere after X-Men 41. Legacy is our last hope. It would be cool if Spurrier does an issue where he has Legion explore his bakstory a bit like he just did for Blindfold. Maybe find out what the whole Akkabah thing was about...

I think Legion and Chamber would be a hilarious and awesome bromance. Two British mutants, both damaged in their own ways, trying to figure out their places in the future, while always haunted in some ways by their pasts.

This thread makes me unbelievably happy. I randomly found it as one of my drawings was linked here. Anyway, we'll see if this attachment business works for me Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chamber_and_husk_doodle_by_blithefool-d5snmsj.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	107826
    Assuming it does, I miss Jono/Paige interaction. It's a shame she's apparently lost her mind in the current canon. I'm hoping Jono stays in X-Men Legacy as he's essentially a sight gag in Wolverine and the X-Men.

blithefool! I see you all the time on tumblr & devart!I love your Chamber art! Its so cute! I loved the comic you did with Rogue.

yes its dumb that they dont let any Gen Xers interact. Weve talked about it b4 here. Its like some weird conspiracy. How could the have both been in Legacy AND WATX & not ever shared a word. Also no interaction with any gen Xers & vamp Jubilee. Youd think theyd care that their best friend is a bloodsucker now.

I think Legion and Chamber would be a hilarious and awesome bromance. Two British mutants, both damaged in their own ways, trying to figure out their places in the future, while always haunted in some ways by their pasts.
    right now I think theyd rather be frenemies though....lol.
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 01-28-2013 at 10:31 AM.