View Poll Results: where would you like to see Jono show up next after age of X?

Voters
45. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • keep him in X-Men Legacy

18 40.00%
  • new member of New Mutants?(with his "cousin" Blink?)

8 17.78%
  • X-Force's slap happy kill crew

8 17.78%
  • wherever Jubilee goes (BFF!!!)

10 22.22%
  • other

1 2.22%
Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Yeah they don't seem to have archived any of their interviews from today except for the one with Grant Morrison. But he only spoke very briefly about Chamber. He felt they share an affinity, both being "grumpy English bastards."
    heh. I kinda like that.

Amazing news. So glad it's not just fans loving Jono <3

yeah I was thinking that we might see some development over what happened to Jono after Age of X too...

it seems the only writers these days who really want to tackle Chamber are British. Maybe American writers find writing such a "British" male character intimidating(especially since there are so many British writers writing Americn comics)? I mean theres Psylocke, she's popular, but she's kinda scewed with that whole Asian ninja angle.

Never thought about it before, but if it takes more British writers to get some Jono panel time, keep them coming!

From the Beginning Threads
    Gen 13/Generation X
    X-Force 1997 Annual

In terms of supporting cast, there will be a number of other X-Men that make an appearance. "I'm a big fan of the character Chamber, so he's destined to appear a bit in the story, but we get them all rocking up," said Spurrier, who further noted Wolverine, Storm, Frenzy and Blindfold would all play a role as it moves forward.
    Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=41750

Is it bad that this just went from "Not in a million freakin' years" to "HELLZ YEAH!" just 'cos of that? :P

I want to see some Chamber art already! Im so excited! I just hope Editorial doesnt get in the way like they did during Gage's run.
    I like the stuff he said about the British slang.

BTW the Spurrier live interview from Comic-con is back up at 'rama. That one interviewer guy thought Jono wears stripes?? lol I think he's confusing him with a Tim Burton charcter.
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 10-19-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=41750

Is it bad that this just went from "Not in a million freakin' years" to "HELLZ YEAH!" just 'cos of that? :P
    I know right, never thought I would consider buying this title....well just the Jono issues anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    I want to see some Chamber art already! Im so excited! I just hope Editorial doesnt get in the way like they did during Gage's run.
    I like the stuff he said about the British slang.

BTW the Spurrier live interview from Comic-con is back up at 'rama. That one interviewer guy thought Jono wears stripes?? lol I think he's confusing him with a Tim Burton charcter.
    Groan, yeah get it right this time Marvel: dark solid colors and no neck!

Generation X #23
    X-Force 1997 Annual

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    I think it's an acceptable mistake to make, considering, when they debuted, Penance and Chamber were victims of Chris Bachalo's "too many belts" fetish. ;D (Which I totally don't mind 'cos I think it's a cool look.)

----> Then Later ---->

A lot of characters he drew in the '90s were, but the only one that really springs to mind is Ghost Rider.

Chamber doesn't appear at all in the last issue of the current X-men Legacy (175) and only has 1 panel in Wolverine and the X-men 19 (which we've seen the art for). The missing dialog is literally:
    Kitty: "NEXT!"
    Jono: "Um, actually I already work here."

=(

Hah! I called it! I told you guys it would be something "meta" about how much he's ignored in the book. Well, at least we got some nice Bradshaw art.

anyone know if Jono has a Twitter account? an official JGS related one, not fan/rpg thing.

Retired

Jono will be part of X-Men #40 & #41. Details here.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

yeah I just found out...wow! I guess they took notice of people complaining about his little panel time in WATX & Legacy...

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Jono will be part of X-Men #40 & #41. Details here.
    I think you linked the wrong article, here's the one:http://www.newsarama.com/comics/x-me...seth-peck.html

Nrama: Well, that's certainly is an intriguing roster — how did you arrive on that cast? Chamber especially is a character that hasn't been around much lately, so I would guess he's someone you're personally fond of.

Peck: Yeah, I'm a big fan of Chamber. I like the idea that not all mutants are pretty. Sometimes you get angel wings and sometimes you get half your face blown off, you know?
    It's great to hear that writers with special interests in Chamber are popping up! Too bad Peck is only writing four issues, but maybe he'll get put on a regular book (although it seems like his full time job as a spec ed teacher may limit his availability). At least we get two issues of Chamber promised!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by nate-grey View Post
    I think you linked the wrong article, here's the one:http://www.newsarama.com/comics/x-me...seth-peck.html
    Oh lol, sorry. Thanks for correcting that.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

two issues is good. The more he is used the more he gets exposed to other writers who may otherwise have forgotten about him or never realized how much potential he has & want to use him later on. Really have to be grateful to Mike Carey for bringing him back in classic form again & demonstrating what an underused gem the character is.