Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post
    the weathered edged pages(i'm sure there is a proper name for these sort of pages)
    deckled.

BANNED

so, Diamond doesn't have this listed as coming out next week...
    do book stores get this before comic shops?

Was it solicited via Diamond?
    I also heard that DarkHorse will be doing a limited edition with slipcase and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gdeo View Post
    DarkHorse will be doing a limited edition with slipcase and stuff.
    I want to know more about this version.. as this is what I want to buy.
    Do you think Amazon or what not will specific limited edition?
    Ars longa, vita brevis
    www.mscorley.blogspot.com

I'll see if I can find out anything tomorrow.
    Don't forget folks...this launches tomorrow as well!

Yay!!!
    Today's the day!!!
    The awesome adventures of Joe Golem launches today...fantastic story and accompanying art to boot!
    The cover art is spectacular with beautiful colors by Dave Stewart .
    Pick it up today...deckled pages and all!
    Enjoy!!!

Funny I went and browsed it today and I had no idea it was a novel! When I saw illustrated novel on the cover I just assumed it was a trade. It was $27.99 at the store. I think I'll order it off amazon or chapters indigo, they have it for close to 40% off.

BANNED

Well I ended up picking this up today. Will start it later tonight.

So, is there a special edition being made? I'm not in a rush really. I'm reading The Passage (Justin Cronin) at that moment. What a great read so far! I figure that I'll be taking Joe and some Coronas down to the beach this summer.

I hope the special edition contains the short story Joe Golem and the Copper Girl.

Ars longa, vita brevis

Stabbed in the back Jr. Wormwood's Avatar

Pretty sweet, but for the $75 price difference, I think I'll stick with the copy I got.

I don't wish to offend, but I find it a little odd that some of the same people complaining about trade treatments and the price of hardcover graphic novels are willing to drop a hundred bones on something they can essentially get for under $30. Different approaches to collecting, I suppose. And who knows, if I have the money when the special edition drops, I may just pick it up as well.
    "Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to shake things up, but we're going to have to get some pants on this one."

Quote Originally Posted by Jr. Wormwood View Post
    Pretty sweet, but for the $75 price difference, I think I'll stick with the copy I got.

I don't wish to offend, but I find it a little odd that some of the same people complaining about trade treatments and the price of hardcover graphic novels are willing to drop a hundred bones on something they can essentially get for under $30. Different approaches to collecting, I suppose.
    Personally I wish the deluxe edition came out now and not in September, but maybe they just need some time to put it together.

I'd rather have that one, but looks like I'll be getting both now. I think it is a different approach to collecting for sure, it may be the same material but the added stuff, and being limited and signed. etc. that makes me want it.
    I'm a book collector so I'd jump on this a lot faster than trade paperbacks or hardcover graphic novel variations.
    Ars longa, vita brevis

Quote Originally Posted by noble_enough View Post
    Personally I wish the deluxe edition came out now and not in September, but maybe they just need some time to put it together.

I'd rather have that one, but looks like I'll be getting both now. I think it is a different approach to collecting for sure, it may be the same material but the added stuff, and being limited and signed. etc. that makes me want it.
    I'm a book collector so I'd jump on this a lot faster than trade paperbacks or hardcover graphic novel variations.
    Completely feel ya on that. I love my bookshelves, and I would definitely like to see this special edition on it. I so wish I could have picked up one of the hardcover editions of Seed of Destruction when they were first available.

I didn't go for the special edition of Baltimore because I thought the cover for the regular version was much more appealing. I've also got dozens of important Mignola single issues signed, so autographs are still pretty cool to me, but they don't seal the deal on spending so much more money. The plate in the special edition of Joe Golem definitely intrigues me however.
    "Okay, I know I said I wasn't going to shake things up, but we're going to have to get some pants on this one."

Has anyone else noticed that the Molly character is definitely based on Mike's daughter Katie? So cool :)