Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Yeah I went back and reread some older WatXM issues last night....I couldn't find them kissing. The closest they got was when Husk was leaving the school and Toad wanted to go with her.

And it's not so much that I mind them being paired together, its just how it was rushed. Aaron was playing Toad up as this stalkerish/obsessive type (even though he was harmless) and then the next thing you know Husk was into him as well. I just wish we could have seen more of the courtship (for lack of a better term).
    Yeah, it felt a bit rushed but I enjoyed reading them together. Honestly, the book made me appreciate the characters more than I have in a long time. I can't really remember reading much of either of them except Gen X and Toad kinda just hanging around Magneto.

I thought that the whole Kid Omega and Idie thing was far more out of place in terms of the two characters but hey, Jason Aaron is writing a strange type of book here. It's been suprisingly light hearted and good fun with a notable exception of my favorite little Brood being shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    More than that, it looks like she's developed a second personality, one to express the anger she can't. O.o This second personality would be the one that wrote the Tweet about burning down the school and purchased the gasoline.

Multiple Personality Disorder or whatever you're supposed to call it now would also explain why one "Paige" is so meek that she couldn't stop the fight in her classroom/just sat there shyly saying she didn't get what the big deal was and then another "Paige" screamed at Kitty and, quite literally, ripped off her skin to reveal an angry molten core (not to mention, I seem to recall, yelled at her students in a previous issue?).

-----edit------

You know, the second personality might be the one from Age of X... didn't that one have a temper? I didn't read it, but I seem to recall she was very angry, given the tragedies in her life.

It doesn't mean Paige is going evil, though. Just insane and very angry... which, come to think of it, pretty much means "evil" if you have super powers, lol.

Exploring Multiple Identity Disorder or as its referred to more properly Dissociative Identity Disorder via a character who is a shapeshifter could be quite novel. The closest I've seen to that touched on was Mystique as written by Larry Hama in the Sabretooth miniseries in 1993 (and perhaps a bit during Hama's run on Wolverine ongoing). It makes sense that a person who changes shape would develop a shaky sense of self and manifest mental issues given significant trauma.
    There have been other examples of DID being used to generate character story (ie Legion, Alpha Flight's Aurora or Daredevil's Typhoid Mary) but I don't think much if anything has been done via a shapechanger proper (though Paige isn't quite that).

Could be an interesting storyline to pursue to freshen the character up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Exploring Multiple Identity Disorder or as its referred to more properly Dissociative Identity Disorder via a character who is a shapeshifter could be quite novel. The closest I've seen to that touched on was Mystique as written by Larry Hama in the Sabretooth miniseries in 1993 (and perhaps a bit during Hama's run on Wolverine ongoing). It makes sense that a person who changes shape would develop a shaky sense of self and manifest mental issues given significant trauma.
    There have been other examples of DID being used to generate character story (ie Legion, Alpha Flight's Aurora or Daredevil's Typhoid Mary) but I don't think much if anything has been done via a shapechanger proper (though Paige isn't quite that).

Could be an interesting storyline to pursue to freshen the character up.
    I agree, as long as Jason Aaron figures out all this started as a result of Age of X (which is the only explanation I can think of... I wouldn't want him to write "...and all of a sudden, she went crazy and started digging Toad!" out of nowhere). He said in an interview that Paige's issues began in WATXM. :x

Also, I see that some people are actually fans of this relationship...?

What?

Huh?

How?

Anyway, I'm trying to grow as a person and not be disparaging of other people's fave pairings, lol, so... it's all well and good that some people like what Jason Aaron's been doing with Husk and Toad -- I could even see the point that looking past physical appearances is in character for Paige (though she's also dated guys who happened to be rich, blond pretty boys... namely Tristan Brawn and Warren Worthington III).

But for my money, it is awful. It's good for a joke, but not an actual, reciprocal relationship... It just reminds me way too much of Twilight: "the greatest love story ever told"...primarily through longing stares, this pretty girl falls for her creepy stalker. I keep waiting for Paige to find Toad's Skin-Paige Tea Set and punch him in the jaw. Sigh.

Yeah, Husk and Toad could have been great with me IF it was executed better. There was no character development for either of them really.

I was googling random shit and found this nice little page

Upcoming artist or writer? Want somewhere to share your work? Welcome to the Artists and Writers Showcase!!

Quote Originally Posted by alf_to_the_rescue View Post
    I was googling random shit and found this nice little page
    Dial H for H.U.S.K.! Lol, great page, thanks for sharing. ^^ What is it from...?

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I had a dream last night where Husk's costume was nude colored, with a red "X" belt, and had layers. it was gorgeous.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Dial H for H.U.S.K.! Lol, great page, thanks for sharing. ^^ What is it from...?
    That is Dial H.U.S.K from the Amalgam comics X-Patrol and Exciting X-Patrol. Been forever since I'd read those but seemed familiar. A reference to her does not appear of Husk's wiki or comicvine page.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I had a dream last night where Husk's costume was nude colored, with a red "X" belt, and had layers. it was gorgeous.
    Layers sounds good. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by nate-grey View Post
    That is Dial H.U.S.K from the Amalgam comics X-Patrol and Exciting X-Patrol. Been forever since I'd read those but seemed familiar. A reference to her does not appear of Husk's wiki or comicvine page.
    Amalgam Comics! Lol! I had no idea... I thought the only Generation X references were in Jono's book... Jono Hex. Thanks for sharing!

So Husk is back!

Too bad we can't seem to recognize any part of Paige's personality...

But it's not necessary all bad...I mean i'm hoping something big will happen with her. I can't believe there won't be anything to come out of this for her. Will Sam help her? Will she stay crazy forever without any other explanations (god I hope that won't happen). I mean, Jason Aaron is a great writer, he better knows what he is doing with her.

At the moment, i'm just happy to follow Paige monthly.

What d you guys think?

Jason Aaron has done some good stuff in other series (and even within Wolverine and the X-Men, here and there, like "new" Angel naming his economics class to his board of directors of his, you know, actual company, haha), but the Husk stuff has been totally awful. Joke-Of-the-Week Chamber has it pretty good, by comparison.

Jason Aaron seems content to write something that's more a parody of an x-comic than a real x-comic, which includes ludicrous elements like, well, pretty much EVERYTHING he's done with Husk.

Paige Guthrie is on the roster page of next week's Wolverine and the X-Men #32 and for the first time I'm NOT over-the-moon excited to see a GenXer on a roster page. What's up with that? Why has his portrayal of her been so awful that I cringe at the mere thought of seeing her in his comic again? Le sigh.

That said, WATXM #32 hasn't happened yet and I'll try to keep an open mind. There are comparatively few characters on that roster page, so I expect Husk to play a big part in the issue.

My personal hope is that she's been uncover at the Hellfire Academy as the crazy lunch lady/librarian so that no one would suspect her investigation. Furthermore, how badly she treated Toad in the last issue (laughing at his notions of being a teacher, telling him to stick with what he knows a.k.a. being a janitor) was just her way of keeping him out of harm's way without breaking character (in case there were security cameras watching).

Of course, Jason Aaron's made it pretty obvious that she has more than one personality right now... ugh, I can't even get into all that again, forget it. Don't even get me started on the fact that none of her friends or family are helping her out right now.

I too am hoping she will get a bigger part next week!

I hope Aaron can redeem himself with Paige. Don't get me wrong, i'm happy he use her at the very least...she hasn't been used much since gen x....chuck austen was horrible....HORRIBLE...

Let's just wait and see!

Quote Originally Posted by max_0888 View Post
    I too am hoping she will get a bigger part next week!

I hope Aaron can redeem himself with Paige. Don't get me wrong, i'm happy he use her at the very least...she hasn't been used much since gen x....chuck austen was horrible....HORRIBLE...

Let's just wait and see!
    I used to be happy and hopeful that Jason Aaron was using Husk and Chamber.

Look what happened.

But yeah, it's not quite reached the Chuck Austen level of suck, yet. Though that's not really saying much since he's pretty much the gold standard in crappy X-Men writing. So many GenXers horribly scarred by that man, lol.

Lesson to any "Wolverine & the X-Men" newbies out there...

This is what happens when you put your trust and hope in Jason Aaron:

WATXM #32 (which featured Husk on the opening Roster page) consisted of sitting silently in a teachers' meeting for Husk, that is until Toad (who was emptying the recycling at that very moment) had the nerve to suggest maybe they should be educating these kids instead of just making them into supervillains.

It was then that we got "treated" to another brief moment of character assassination for Husk:

And then she doesn't show up for the rest of the issue. So much for being on the Roster page being an indicator of importance, huh?

So... if anyone's wondering why I'm so cynical about WATXM, it's panels like this.

I REALLY hope she's undercover and just playing the long game here. But it's not looking bloody likely.

Yeah, that was pretty painful...

Ugh...

I need more Husk than that...and I need better Husk than that...