Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Does this mean a new book?

Anyone have her twitter address handy?
    I hope so! Maybe Astonishing or X-Factor??? Or a completely new book?

And here is her twitter.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Boozier View Post
    I hope so! Maybe Astonishing or X-Factor??? Or a completely new book?

And here is her twitter.
    Astonishing would be a nice fit. Thanks for the link. It seems like she's already developing a dark side.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Astonishing would be a nice fit. Thanks for the link. It seems like she's already developing a dark side.
    Yeah, we do know there will be a cast shakeup, and it seems the cast will somewhat rotate with arcs, so she may be there for a couple arcs before returning to the school. I sooooo don't hope she goes "evil". It would go against everything she stands for and against her nature.

Didn't Liu want her for Astonishing? It would be nice to see her there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    Didn't Liu want her for Astonishing? It would be nice to see her there.
    Yeah, she pretty much said she subbed her out for Karma because she wanted for diversity.

I started with a large list of characters, and then just crossed off the ones I didn't think would contribute to the story. For example, I considered Paige (a.k.a. Husk) for a time, but ultimately, she fell to the wayside in favor of Karma, who I thought was a much better "fit" for the team I was trying to build.
    Last edited by Boozier; 10-31-2012 at 12:49 PM.

More than that, it looks like she's developed a second personality, one to express the anger she can't. O.o This second personality would be the one that wrote the Tweet about burning down the school and purchased the gasoline.

Multiple Personality Disorder or whatever you're supposed to call it now would also explain why one "Paige" is so meek that she couldn't stop the fight in her classroom/just sat there shyly saying she didn't get what the big deal was and then another "Paige" screamed at Kitty and, quite literally, ripped off her skin to reveal an angry molten core (not to mention, I seem to recall, yelled at her students in a previous issue?).

If this is the real Twitter account Jason Aaron referenced (and, considering how it seems to be putting the pieces together left for us in the comics, I think it is), Paige is really, really screwed up now, lol.

The account is not a part of, but is following, the Official List of Jean Grey school maintained by Marvel. I'm guessing they didn't put her on the list officially because she's no longer a part of the school in the comics, but... it really would help its legitimacy, given how frequently things are impersonated on Twitter. She could've at least gone in the official Marvel Characters list maintained by Marvel. Oh well. Going to assume someone at Marvel just didn't think of that and that this is the real Paige account.

{Side Note: It seems Storm has a JGS account, too (the Kitty Pride account linked back to it in a couple of recent tweets) that isn't a part of the official list either. And if you check Paige's list of who she is following, you'll see a few student accounts that aren't on the official list, either. So yeah, these accounts are by no means properly linked up anyway.}

You know, the second personality might be the one from Age of X... didn't that one have a temper? I didn't read it, but I seem to recall she was very angry, given the tragedies in her life.

It doesn't mean Paige is going evil, though. Just insane and very angry... which, come to think of it, pretty much means "evil" if you have super powers, lol.

Ugh. I know. This will either end awesomely or terribly. No in between. Also, Ultimate X-Men Bobby and Paige may fulfill my shipping needs. It's what I wanted in 616. My hope was that Bobby gets one of the Guthries...

In any case, I love Wood's work!

Ugh. I know. This will either end awesomely or terribly. No in between. Also, Ultimate X-Men Bobby and Paige may fulfill my shipping needs. It's what I wanted in 616. My hope was that Bobby gets one of the Guthries...

In any case, I love Wood's work!
    1. I can be forgiven for thinking she was Jubilee in an earlier appearance, right? She looks totally Asian. (Or, at the very least, the faux Asian that artists often try to pass off as Asian).

2. HOLY CRAP!! Nick Fury is such a bastard for setting Paige up to be a suicide bomber. But, I think Husk is going to survive. She probably has a blast-resistant epidermis on under her regular skin. Probably.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Did Husk and Toad kiss in WaTXM? I am at work and can't check. I seem to remember them kissing....
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Did Husk and Toad kiss in WaTXM? I am at work and can't check. I seem to remember them kissing....
    From Paige's Twitter:

Paige Guthrie ‏@paige_husk
    Goodbye, Salem Center. I'm headed into the big city to look for work. I miss you, @JanitorToad, my slimy little lovebug.
    I hate Jason Aaron so much right now. Why the hell would Husk be into Stalker Toad who kidnapped her when she was a teen? I really hope it's just one of her alternate personalities that is into Toad... but then, alternate personalities are just aspects of yourself. ...curse you, logic!

But I ~think~ this is the closest they've gotten to a relationship in the comics is standing really close:
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1...omfortable.jpg

I'm not posting the picture because I won't inflict it on anyone who doesn't wish to see. ;P

I kinda dig Husk and Toad together. I was bummed that she left the book. And c'mon? Toad collecting her old skin and dressing it up for a tea party was a huge WTF moment and hilarious at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    From Paige's Twitter:

I hate Jason Aaron so much right now. Why the hell would Husk be into Stalker Toad who kidnapped her when she was a teen? I really hope it's just one of her alternate personalities that is into Toad... but then, alternate personalities are just aspects of yourself. ...curse you, logic!

But I ~think~ this is the closest they've gotten to a relationship in the comics is standing really close:
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1...omfortable.jpg

I'm not posting the picture because I won't inflict it on anyone who doesn't wish to see. ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I kinda dig Husk and Toad together. I was bummed that she left the book. And c'mon? Toad collecting her old skin and dressing it up for a tea party was a huge WTF moment and hilarious at the same time.
    Yeah I went back and reread some older WatXM issues last night....I couldn't find them kissing. The closest they got was when Husk was leaving the school and Toad wanted to go with her.

And it's not so much that I mind them being paired together, its just how it was rushed. Aaron was playing Toad up as this stalkerish/obsessive type (even though he was harmless) and then the next thing you know Husk was into him as well. I just wish we could have seen more of the courtship (for lack of a better term).
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Yeah I went back and reread some older WatXM issues last night....I couldn't find them kissing. The closest they got was when Husk was leaving the school and Toad wanted to go with her.

And it's not so much that I mind them being paired together, its just how it was rushed. Aaron was playing Toad up as this stalkerish/obsessive type (even though he was harmless) and then the next thing you know Husk was into him as well. I just wish we could have seen more of the courtship (for lack of a better term).
    I think it's strange considering he kidnapped her when she was in Gen X. But the idea that she sees past his outer repugnance is very Paige-like.

And I meant to go home and check for sure last night. I'm glad you did. I was going to respond today that no they never kissed on-panel. I'd imagine they did. And I imagine it was gross. Toad should use his prehensile tongue for other things.

I think it's strange considering he kidnapped her when she was in Gen X. But the idea that she sees past his outer repugnance is very Paige-like.

And I meant to go home and check for sure last night. I'm glad you did. I was going to respond today that no they never kissed on-panel. I'd imagine they did. And I imagine it was gross. Toad should use his prehensile tongue for other things.
    LMAO! I bet there is also a green slime joke in there somewhere....?