Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: KAPOW: Marvel Announces Nick Spencer and Emma Rios on "Cloak and Dagger"

At Kapow Comic Con, Marvel has announced a three-issue "Cloak and Dagger" miniseries written by "Morning Glories" scribe Nick Spencer with art by "Amazing Spider-Man's" Emma Rios.

Full article here.

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

I don't think Emma Rios is the cleverest choice for the characters - though there is certainly something to do with them and the missed ( not for me, but eh) RUNAWAYS..

Spencer' approach seems nice but I'm sorry, 3 issues isn't enough...It's like with the late WINTER GUARD mini, not really a relaunch, just a small try, with very inegals choices for the art...

so, pleased, but not pleased..
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future

Emma Rios is awesome. Everyone should read the Strange mini.

Put me firmly in the "Emma Rios is amazing" camp. I'd never heard of her before the Osborn mini, but she's been fantastic on that. Her work is like a cross between dark 70s/80s manga and western indie. Really atmospheric, she has a shot at being this generation's Sienkewicz.

I think this is a great call and sure to be a smash hit. Nice work MARVEL. Spencer is going to be an absolute superstar any day now.

If the mini does well enough, perhaps it will lead into an ongoing. That's my hope, anyway...

But at least a mini shows that Cloak & Dagger are still on the minds in the House of Ideas. It took years to green light the one-shot from last year, IIRC...
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

I'll probably end up picking this up.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Two of the most underused characters around. Nice cover.

I'd love an ongoing... hope the miniseries does well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Crime Dentist View Post
    Put me firmly in the "Emma Rios is amazing" camp. I'd never heard of her before the Osborn mini, but she's been fantastic on that. Her work is like a cross between dark 70s/80s manga and western indie. Really atmospheric, she has a shot at being this generation's Sienkewicz.

Let's not go crazy now. I like her and all, but she's definitely part of the post-Pope school of artists like Nathan Fox or Ryan Kelly.

Apart from her work on Osborn I can't say I'm really a fan of her art.

The art isn't to my taste. The writer did a horrible job on Jimmy Olson. I fear this will just ensure no ongoing will be launched. Wish it had a creative team I could buy.

BANNED

Yeah, Spencer totally did a horrible job a book that has gotten nothing but great reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Steez Malenko View Post
    Yeah, Spencer totally did a horrible job a book that has gotten nothing but great reviews.
    Dude, stop atacking other people's opinions! They're just that: opinions. Everybody has their own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steez Malenko View Post
    He must be paying out bribes. But yeah it was almost as bad as Morning Glories and just a bit better then Thunder Agents. Clearly, the guy is horrid.