Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by Abdulabulbul_Amir View Post
    I think its more about Bucky than Natasha. If he gets Bucky to kill Matt, then (to Novokov) that'll drive a wedge bethim and Tasha that can't be removed.
    You're probably right. Novokov did say that he wanted to earn Natasha's love, so for Bucky to do kill Matt that would be a pretty big wedge.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Maybe it's two things. For one, if Novokov is competing for Natasha's love, then Daredevil would be off the table if Bucky offs him. And secondly, if Bucky offs a former lover of hers, especially if she has resurfaced lingering feelings for him because of the brainwashing, that would make her hate him even more.
    I think Novokov's interest in Natasha is incidental. Her appeal to him is that she was with Bucky, and she's something he can take from him, a way to hurt him.

Though Matt and Natasha were once in love, they no longer are, and as brainwashed!Natasha seems to believe her time as a superhero as a cover, then she probably doesn't think much of her affair with Matt, or Clint or Tony for that matter. However, Natasha certainly care about Matt.

I think Novokov is targeting Matt as someone Natasha cares about, rather than as a rival for Natasha's affections.

If he can get Bucky to kill Matt, then he's basically won. He might go on to seduce Natasha and force Bucky to endure more torments, but even if he fails, he'll have won, because Bucky will have killed a superhero, someone that Natasha cared about, and they might never come back from that.

Also, looks like Bucky is a member of the Secret Avengers. Just wish it wasn't that amateur Nick Fury Jr. who was bossing him around. I don't understand how he suddenly has the authority to lead a team like this.
    And he'll probably end up as SHIELD director, too.

Sentinal of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Also, looks like Bucky is a member of the Secret Avengers. Just wish it wasn't that amateur Nick Fury Jr. who was bossing him around. I don't understand how he suddenly has the authority to lead a team like this.

Yeah, you'd think Rhodey, Natasha AND Maria Hill all out rank him. Marvel really dropped the ball with "Marcus Johnson".

Bucky should poke the Johnson's other eye out and then shoot him. There can only be one Nick Fury.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

I gotta start paying attention to these appreciation threads.

one of my favorite characters next to steve has one and I don't notice for 39 pages? I'm ashamed right now, I might as well tear down the poster I have of him as Cap on my wall...

So I'll just say... I appreciate James Buchanan Barnes. His tenure as Cap was what got me into the lore of Captain America and I believe to this day that his tenure in the mantle was too short. My avatar on these boards shall forever feature him as cap in some way, and I hope his appearance in CA:winter soldier wins over many as it has me (and I also hope it produces lots of t-shirts )

On topic- So Bucky's on Secret Avengers... I'm not sure how that goes along with everybody thinking he's dead (hell I think he needs a new guise to begin with, he's just sort of walking around in his now publicly known Winter soldier get up) nut it might be interesting. I'll feel obliged to pick any issue featuring him, but this wasn't a book I was getting otherwise, so I've hardly noticed who's involved.

Frankly Nick jr has done nothing to impress me, he seems boring which is something Nick fury should never be. Reminds me of Jim Rhodes in a way, he's boring if focussed on too long due to a personality that while realistic isn't the most compelling to read in fiction, and works best when bouncing off other characters playing voice of reason. But thats just me.
    Steve Rogers: You ready to follow Captain America into the jaws of death?
    James Barnes: Hell, no! The little guy from Brooklyn who was too dumb not to run away from a fight. I'm following him."

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Bucky's being on Secret Avenger is the only reason im buying it. Quite Frankly Nick Jr just makes me laugh.

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

I can't imagine Bucky taking orders from anyone other than the real Nick Fury or Steve. Never mind the Hulk, though I'm sure there has to be an explanation to that one.
    Follow @MarvelWOWFacts on Twitter!

steve should be his boss. also this book should be the invaders with cap, bucky, namor, torch spitfire and a few other marvel spy characters not the ultimate nick fury by the way thats really shitty that marvel are shoving him down our throats because of the movies that universe has sucked since they started it. p.s. bucky is awesome.

Bucky isn't a part of the Secret Avengers. He is in the book but is not on the team. I think he will be opposed to the fact that the team is being mind wiped. Plus Natasha and Clint are on the team and since Buck and Tasha most likely won't be together, I'm sure he will want to keep an eye on her. Also, I think Maria Hill is leading the team. Marvel has said many times that Fury Jr is just an agent and will not be in charge of anything for a while.
    Last edited by Cap10nate; 12-01-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    Bucky isn't a part of the Secret Avengers. He is in the book but is not on the team. I think he will be opposed to the fact that the team is being mind wiped. Also, I think Maria Hill is leading the team. Marvel has said many times that Fury Jr is just an agent and will not be in charge of anything for a while.
    Where did you come across this detail about Bucky's place in the new Secret Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by jarvisjackrabbit View Post
    Where did you come across this detail about Bucky's place in the new Secret Avengers?
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/10/13/se...marvel-shield/

This is where it also says that Fury is a field agent. I thought I read that Hill was in charge somewhere but it wasn't on this link. I'll keep looking.

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

Does it bug anyone else the sheer amount of experience Bucky has over a lot of these members? I doubt anyone save for Natasha could hold a candle to him.
    Follow @MarvelWOWFacts on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Cap10nate View Post
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/10/13/se...marvel-shield/

This is where it also says that Fury is a field agent. I thought I read that Hill was in charge somewhere but it wasn't on this link. I'll keep looking.
    Nice! That actually sounds a great deal better than I was expecting.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

WS by Nic Klein...
    Daredevil, Hawkguy, Secret Avengers, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Magneto, Punisher, Wonder Woman, The Wake, Batman, Velvet, Jupiter's Legacy, Black Science,Starlight and Zero.