Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What comics would you like to see......

Made into movies.

I want to know what people want to see made.....and what actors you would like to see in them.....

1. Hawkworld, from the Tim Truman mini. Set completely on Thanagar and revolving around the class struggle.

2. O'Neil and Cowan's The Question, from their 3-year series. The movie could focus on the series' firs arc, like O'Neil's novel did.

3. Morrison's Invisibles, but as an HBO series.

4. a JSA or All-Star Squadron movie set during WW2.

5. Sword of the Atom... although they'd probably want to wait a decade or so, since there is a big budget John Carter movie about to come out next year.

As for actors, I have no idea.

Default Totally undoable at this point, but.........

I'd love to see 'Blackest Night' done as a film, although it did require a fair amount of prior knowledge of some characters to get the full benefit. Perhaps 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' could be made into a film, then 'Blackest Night' could serve as the much-better sequel, with all the heroes lost in the crisis coming back under Nekron's influence. I'm a bit concerned that DC are pretty adamant that their films won't be in a shared universe for now, although the fact that they'd rather wait to do it right is a pretty good sign also.
    Anyway, another film I'd like to see would be 'The New Frontier', as its got the right tone to reflect both the spirit of the silver age and the actual times in which it was set. Liking the idea of 'The invisibles' as an HBO series; I'd love to see Grant Morrison's Batman run done that way. 'Smallville' has been great, but the camp soap opera element and the 'no tights, no flights' pomposity has prevented the show from becoming an all-time classic.
    http://scorpion76-random.blogspot.com <go there for my bullshit opinions!
    Any support/interest will be much appreciated
    my theme tune-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwQBjJvN5Y

I'd like to see a Huntress movie. Don't know who could play her

I pesonaly would love to see a nightwing movie. I know alot of people feel that it could not be done without at least having robin debut in the new movies first......but I feel that they could easily do it by having flashbacks of certain scenes, such as Dick first telling Bruce that he's going solo.

They could even have a few flashbacks to Dick's days as a Teen Titan.

I would say Milo Ventimiglia should play him. He is a great actor and with longer hair he could easily look the part.

return of donna troy

or

green lantern: rebirth

they both had so many "epic movie moments" that would work really well.

i'd love to see a power girl in motion with christina hendricks playing her

For DC? I'd like to see Captain Marvel made into a movie, think it would be more interesting than a Superman movie (or at least different, what with the youth/wish fulfillment angle). Something along the lines of what Millar's doing in "Superior" (without the satanic space-monkey) would rock. Also the "Proposition Player" and "We3" Vertigo minis would be neat (and short enough to fit well into an hour and a half long movie). They're already doing Superman, Batman, & GL, and I'm not interested in Flash, Aquaman, or Wonder Woman (I'd be into a Martian Manhunter movie but I doubt the movie-going public would). Not sure who I'd get to play in the Captain Marvel or Proposition Player movies, and obviously We3 would be mostly CGI.
    A Fool for the Foom

BANNED

The Flash would be tops on the list, followed by Booster Gold, Blue Beetle(any version), Nightwing, and maybe down the line a Suicide Squad movie would be cool.

Default DCU>What Comics?

Adam Strange for sure. Leading up to a Hardcore Station epic.It essentially is a reboot of John Carter anyway.Pellucidar and Land that Time Forgot done with decent SFX and acting not like those low budget British abortions a few years back.Cyborg on his own with no silly Teen Titans interface.Holmes vs. Undead and Holmes vs.Dracula.Conner Hawke and Mia together.Maybe a Citizen Steel or Atomsmasher or Stargirl leading to a teamup.Perhaps done out of current continuity with JSA or JSA Allstars.Impulse Wallys daughter version.

Gotham Central.

For some reason, I always thought Blue Devil would make a really fun animated series.
    Locke & Key, Saga, Thief of Thieves

I would personally love to see any of the B-Listers, or pretty much anyone outside of the big three, but I would love to see the following:

Flash: It could be a little tricky, considering how big his own universe of speedsters is, to pick which Flash to use. I'd love to see a Barry Allen and Jay Garrick movie, possibly a trilogy (starting with Barry in the first film, Barry and Jay in the second, and maybe introduce Wally in the third for the potential for a continuing franchise)

Captain Marvel: I think DC is missing a big opportunity with him. He's a well-loved character with a loyal existing fan base and if done properly can bring in a new generation of comic book readers. Perhaps it could give birth to a new comic series? The movie should be based off of Jeff Smith's "Monster Society" book. It's got the right amount of continuity for fans and accessibility for new readers.

Aquaman: Perhaps what Aquaman is really missing isn't a comics run but a movie? The comics could be released as a supplement to the movie, and it would give the audience something to get into. In all honesty, are people more likely to buy comics about a superhero they're unfamiliar with, or would they wait until the movie comes out?
    Have an idea for a DC Team Theme? PM me, and I'll put it on the list!

I think THUNDER Agents could easily be made into a very good movie.

FF purist-snob

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    2. O'Neil and Cowan's The Question, from their 3-year series. The movie could focus on the series' firs arc, like O'Neil's novel did.

3. Morrison's Invisibles, but as an HBO series.
    I love these two ideas, the Question could also work as an HBO or even a AMC or FX series

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    5. Sword of the Atom... although they'd probably want to wait a decade or so, since there is a big budget John Carter movie about to come out next year.
    An Atom movie needs to have lots of close-ups and low angle shots to give people an idea of what being small looks like. My idea for an Atom film wouldn't be a "Sword of the Atom" story, if the Atom is the focus, small has to be the gimmick, and the jungle civilization would steal away from the shrinkage.

I'd go with the new Ivy Town professor, Ryan Choi, slowly discovering that his mentor, Ray Palmer, has vanished and in investigating Ray's disappearance, finds that Ray not only is the Atom, but finds an extra belt and costume. We discover the Atom's abilities along with Ryan.

Oh, yeah, there's also a villain and a plot and discovering Ray at the end. Plus an answer to the question, who will shrink the shrinker?

Starring James Kyson Lee
    Alan Richman as Chronos

featuring Horatio Sanz as Panda
    Katie Sackhoff as Liza Warner

cameos by Donald Sutherland as Professor Dave Jennings
    Timothy Bottoms as James Hart, esq.
    Anthony Edwards as Gil Lowell

with Brooke Shields as Jean Loring

and Peter Krause as Ray Palmer
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I love these two ideas, the Question could also work as an HBO or even a AMC or FX series

An Atom movie needs to have lots of close-ups and low angle shots to give people an idea of what being small looks like. My idea for an Atom film wouldn't be a "Sword of the Atom" story, if the Atom is the focus, small has to be the gimmick, and the jungle civilization would steal away from the shrinkage.

I'd go with the new Ivy Town professor, Ryan Choi, slowly discovering that his mentor, Ray Palmer, has vanished and in investigating Ray's disappearance, finds that Ray not only is the Atom, but finds an extra belt and costume. We discover the Atom's abilities along with Ryan.

Oh, yeah, there's also a villain and a plot and discovering Ray at the end. Plus an answer to the question, who will shrink the shrinker?

Starring James Kyson Lee
    Alan Richman as Chronos

featuring Horatio Sanz as Panda
    Katie Sackhoff as Liza Warner

cameos by Donald Sutherland as Professor Dave Jennings
    Timothy Bottoms as James Hart, esq.
    Anthony Edwards as Gil Lowell

with Brooke Shields as Jean Loring

and Peter Krause as Ray Palmer
    I like that. My only change would be Eric Stoltz as Ray Palmer.
    Locke & Key, Saga, Thief of Thieves