Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: WC11: Ventimiglia, Pasdar Add Voices to Marvel Enime

Marvel Television announced at WonderCon that Milo Ventimiglia and Adrian Pasdar will be voicing Logan and Tony Stark respectively in the "Iron Man" and "Wolverine" animes debuting on G4 in July 2011.

Full article here.

Yeah, cause when I think of a hard-drinking, murderous Canadian berserker, I think of the emo guy from Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Duke View Post
    Yeah, cause when I think of a hard-drinking, murderous Canadian berserker, I think of the emo guy from Heroes.
    LOLbrilliant :D

I think the anime steered away from the hairy berserker guy into the thin pretty boy with muttonchops. I'll have to watch an episode. So I think Milo would be an adequate choice.
    Nine Years of Behold the Geek!

Pulls: The Sixth Gun, Wolverine and the X-Men, Daredevil, Supergirl

Elder Member

Someone should probably fix the typo in the thread title. When I first scanned the page, I thought it said "Ventimiglia, Pasdar Add Voices to Marvel Enima." (Yeah, I know that's not how enema is spelled, but that's not how anime is spelled, either.)

It looks like Jeph Loeb had a hand in casting Milo and Adrian for the roles. And I thought Bruce Timm was that bad with typecasting.

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinDeadman View Post
    It looks like Jeph Loeb had a hand in casting Milo and Adrian for the roles. And I thought Bruce Timm was that bad with typecasting.
    Andrea Romano does the casting for the animated DC stuff.

I wouldn't consider Milo as Wolverine as typecasting either.

Quote Originally Posted by g-dawg View Post
    LOLbrilliant :D

I think the anime steered away from the hairy berserker guy into the thin pretty boy with muttonchops. I'll have to watch an episode. So I think Milo would be an adequate choice.
    Nah, the anime was still using the hairy berserker so its not seemingly the best casting. Hopefully we are pleasantly surprised, but right now this doesn't feel like anything more than stunt casting.

Iron Man is fine,but the villain of the week get boring real fast.
    with all the Iron Man villains they could use,Blizzard,Ghost,Titanium Man,Radioactive Man.Living Laser,ect.
    All we get are Zodiac robots...

Wolverine is even worse.
    Do everyone have adamantium swords?or Wolverines claws are not adamantium at all.that would make more sense...
    The fights are so boring.
    Last edited by Hybrid2; 04-03-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Omnidisciplinary Nerd

i think adrian will do good as iron man

Anime, comic book characters and actors from Heroes. I can't think of a nerdier perfect storm.

When they release this on DVD in the US, I hope the option to have the real voices and subtitles is available. Otherwise, my interest is pretty much less than zero.

Quote Originally Posted by MattBearPig View Post
    Anime, comic book characters and actors from Heroes. I can't think of a nerdier perfect storm.
    Agreed! I'm excited!!
    TEAM TEEN JEAN 2013!!

*2,000,000th X-Books Forum post goes to...Yours truly Vivica Kang*

BANNED

Looks like someone came to their senses and hired ENGLISH voice actors for this, making it watchable. (Loeb was crazy enough to think 48 subtitled episodes would work better, looks like someone put the smackdown on that bad idea. If only people would put the smackdown on his bad comics ideas!)

Now if only Loeb would stay away from Heroes "Talents."

Well at least no one from heroes is cast on "Ultimate Spider-Man" yet. If that happens, it will be a disaster.

steve blum better be doing the xmen wolverine voice, cuz thats the real wolverine (though a bit oversized)
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

"put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid2 View Post
    Iron Man is fine,but the villain of the week get boring real fast.
    with all the Iron Man villains they could use,Blizzard,Ghost,Titanium Man,Radioactive Man.Living Laser,ect.
    All we get are Zodiac robots...
    Yeah i made it through half of the zodiac robots before i dropped but i did like that spoilers:
    that Japanese prototype iron man armor. that was interesting but with all the robot of the week stuff i didnt last long.
    end of spoilers

Wolverine is even worse.
    Do everyone have adamantium swords?or Wolverines claws are not adamantium at all.that would make more sense...
    The fights are so boring.
    From what i saw, which was just 4 episodes i think spoilers:
    There was that sword master who had some sort of chi power and i stopped when the mutant that can grow a sword appeared. I guess his swords are super strong if he did ended up blocking his claws.
    end of spoilers

But yeah, both left me wanting more for some reason. They arent bad but they didnt get me with any sort of excitement.