Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Default The Alchemist - a self published comic book

Hello, my name is Justin and I am looking to self produce a full comic book. The concept is, in a world where everyone has super powers, who enforces the law? It is less of a super 'hero' book and more of a super 'powered' book. The concept really leaves it open to draw or develop anything you can imagine.

I am looking for a full artistic team, penciler to letterer, that is capable of producing real professional work. If I really connect with your art then I will consider just pencils and inks. As I mentioned I am looking for professional level work, being published is great but not required. I do have a script but I am not an artist, so I would like to collaborate with you as the artist. The long term project is six 20 page books, but initially I will need the first 8 pages and a cover. If this sounds like a project you want to be involved in or are just interested in being hired to do the pages needed then please contact me with your portfolio. While character design is great my focus is the sequential art and story telling. If your samples are from a script please include the script. We can negotiate page rates after reviewing your submissions.

Thank you very much for your time.

Justin Isaksen
    thealchemistcomic@yahoo.com

Hi, I'm Charles Brubaker. I'm a writer and artist, primarily doing humurous, funny stuff.

I'm accepting work right now. In addition, I'm looking for a writer that I can collaborate with on my comic book. If you can write comedy/fantasy, let me know and maybe we can work something out.

My website is here - http://www.bakertoons.com/

My contact - cbrubaker@gmail.com

Hello, my name is Andrew. I'm going to get right to the point, I am an aspiring comic writer who has recently made a pitch that gained interest from a comic company, Captive Comics. They like my idea and want to add it to their lineup when they launch, and are ready to offer a contract. However, due to certain circumstances, the artist I was working with couldn't commit to the project, so I am now looking for a replacement art team. I need someone to do the pencils/inks and someone to do the colors. This would be a monthly ongoing digital-first series, sold through both Comixology and the company's website, with the option for a future print run.

The premise of the book is as followed:

The Shaman Society- After her parents mysteriously vanish when she is eight years old, Rei Miura comes into the care of her grandparents. Years later, she is an ordinary high school student with ordinary problems, at least until her grandparents are suddenly murdered in a way that defies explanation. When she discovers that her family has for generations been a part of the Shaman Society, a supernatural organization tasked with seeking out and destroying dangerous Yokai, she finds herself immersed in a world that few know exist. With the aid of a mysterious item called a soul gem, as well as her mother's spirit guide, she sets out on a mission of revenge that leads her down the path to becoming one of the elite demon hunters known as a shaman.

What I am looking for in an artist is someone who:

-Can produce quality work while meeting monthly deadlines
    -Has a clean art style
    -Is genuinely interested in the book
    -Has a creative style of panel layouts
    -Can illustrate characters of different ethnic backgrounds with accuracy (specifically eastern Asian characteristics, as a number of characters are Japanese)
    -Is easy to work with
    -Wants to get their foot in the door of the comic industry

For colorists:

-Can produce quality work while meeting monthly deadlines
    -Clean, vibrant colors
    -Is genuinely interested in the book
    -Can follow specific color cues in a script
    -Uses more than a single skin tone for all characters
    -Is able to apply stylistic effects, such as glow
    -Is easy to work with
    -Wants to get their foot in the door of the comic industry

Also, I must stress that the creative team will be receiving quarterly payments that amount to a percentage of the net profits earned by the book. You will not receive a set page rate. This is not a job for someone looking to get rich. However, if you want to be published and get your name out there, and gain invaluable experience and recognition that can help move you up the industry ladder in the future, then please send me samples of your work at: duvarneya@hotmail.com

I will get back to those I wish to work with, and once we have a complete creative team, I can get Captive Comics to send me a contract to make it official, and we can start working.

P.S.
    If you want to go the extra mile in applying for this creative team, you can sketch your version of a couple of the characters, who are seen here, and here, to give me a better idea of what I would be working with. Colorists can go the extra mile by coloring this cover, with a blue glow coming from the door, and the silhouette's eyes glowing red.

Default Superman Fan Film looking for Comic Artist

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	936780_567644159932960_1441007921_n.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	116985

Greetings!

My name is Jeff Giron. I am the writer/producer/director for a fan film in the making called Superman: Origins (for more information please visit our Official Website). We have been working on this film for roughly a year now and are getting close to releasing our first trailer for the film. Naturally since this is (as the title suggests) a story about Superman's Origins I need to tell our take on the last moments of Krypton. However the film is already very long for a fan project and animating out this part of the story would add roughly another 17 minutes to the film. So instead I thought I might do a motion comic and release it prior to the film to help generate a buzz.

So I'm looking for a comic book style artist to assist with this. I have already written the first draft of the script for the Krypton story. If you are interested in helping feel free to send an email to supermanorigins.staff@gmail.com.

What we are looking for:

-Have a background in comic book art and include a sample of your work

-Ability to ink and color preferred

-Knowledge of Superman comics is a plus

Also keep in mind, as this is a fan film and no profit can be made from the final product, everyone is working on this on a volunteer basis. However this motion comic will be released on our website with the appropriate credits and parts of it will be featured in the final film.
    Last edited by supermanorigins; 07-22-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Cool seeking publishers or investors

i have created a new universe of new superhero characters i am looking for a comic book publishing company to invest in my ideas the ideas came to me overnight please contact me at drewspens@aol.com

Default [PAID] Comic-book looking for a finisher/inker

Hi,
    Iím the artist on a comic-book called Instruments of Darkness. Iíve drawn the first 7-pages of the story, but as Iím not fully available for the next ones, Iím looking for someone to help me on that task.

Iíll provide some detailed sketches (hereís an example: https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...77315496_n.jpg) and the artist will have to finish the pages.
    By finishing the pages, I donít only mean inking, but detailing the characters, detailing the backgrounds, adding the shading and the hatching.
    Once done, Iíll make some very last adjustments if needed, the target being to obtain something as consistent as possible with the first pages. The finisher will be credited, of course.

To apply, please email me at jpg25i@gmail.com with your page rate and links to your work.

If it can help, here are few samples of final pages :
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...08819877_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...63410571_n.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...79436102_n.jpg

Thank you for your time :)

My name is Jake and I am a writer. I've written a screenplay about a group of revolutionary bank robbers and wanted a great artist or team of artists to help me bring it to life in comic book form. The story should be told in about 12 monthly issues. Wanted to submit the first issue to Image Comics. Artists will be required to depict a fair amount of gore and violence. Please message me for more details or e-mail me at FreakPowerFilms@gmail.com

Lightbulb

Hey everybody, I though I would post this here to see if any creators had work they wanted featured on my new site. Here's the 'official' submissions call that I am putting out elsewhere:

Bad Dream Entertainment is a newly established independent publisher and content host that will be making its official launch soon. To make our debut we are opening up for submissions in comics (anything from graphic novels to web comics) and short fiction (flash fiction to novellas).

What we are looking for
    We are looking for stories that fall on the fringes of fiction, pieces that do not restrict themselves to the conventions and boundaries of specific genres, and disturb as much as they delight. 'Horror', 'dark fantasy', and 'supernatural' are words that might work for our vision, but they are by no means the rule of law; we want anything that creeps into the readers head and lays a nasty little egg of nightmares that will stay with them for years to come.

What we offer
    For our launch, we cannot offer financial compensation for featuring your work on our site. What we offer is a platform for getting your stories out to the world, with full promotion, marketing, and the chance to be included in future anthology publications which will involve direct proceeds to creators. We are not looking for any sort of exclusive publishing right to your work, you made it you keep it, we simply offer to feature it alongside other contemporary creators of the dark and the macabre.

For complete submission guidelines, read through our Submissions page here: http://baddreamentertainment.com/submissions/

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to send us a message at baddreamentertainment [at] gmail [dot] com

We hope to hear from you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Reistroffer View Post
    Hey everybody, I though I would post this here to see if any creators had work they wanted featured on my new site. Here's the 'official' submissions call that I am putting out elsewhere:

Bad Dream Entertainment is a newly established independent publisher and content host that will be making its official launch soon. To make our debut we are opening up for submissions in comics (anything from graphic novels to web comics) and short fiction (flash fiction to novellas).

What we are looking for
    We are looking for stories that fall on the fringes of fiction, pieces that do not restrict themselves to the conventions and boundaries of specific genres, and disturb as much as they delight. 'Horror', 'dark fantasy', and 'supernatural' are words that might work for our vision, but they are by no means the rule of law; we want anything that creeps into the readers head and lays a nasty little egg of nightmares that will stay with them for years to come.

What we offer
    For our launch, we cannot offer financial compensation for featuring your work on our site. What we offer is a platform for getting your stories out to the world, with full promotion, marketing, and the chance to be included in future anthology publications which will involve direct proceeds to creators. We are not looking for any sort of exclusive publishing right to your work, you made it you keep it, we simply offer to feature it alongside other contemporary creators of the dark and the macabre.

For complete submission guidelines, read through our Submissions page here: http://baddreamentertainment.com/submissions/

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to send us a message at baddreamentertainment [at] gmail [dot] com

We hope to hear from you soon!
    Not to be rude but deviant art, tumblr, twitter and various social media are awesome platforms and the creator/artist possibly has a higher percentage of recognition. I have noticed many promotion and marketing "strategies" dont have a really solid incentive when it comes to the "unknown" creator, fyi kickstarter seems to be a awesome platform as well, not putting down your ideas and call for submissions, but it seems a little flighty.

Default Looking for Kickstarter buddy

For too long I’ve been toying with the idea of slightly different zombie mini-series. Unfortunately, work on other comic stories was (and still is) exhausting, in terms of both, time and money. But I’m really tired of making excuses by now. So I’m turning to you, almighty community, for help.

I am currently looking for an artist, who’s able to pencil and ink his own work. If you can letter it too, great! But it’s not necessary; I can do it on my own. Together we will produce four 24-25pages long issues that will be completely funded by Kickstarter/IndieGoGo. In other words, you would not get paid for promo stuff, which is necessary for campaign to be successful, right away. Yeah, I know, that’s not very cool. But, from the money raised, 70 – 75 % would go to you.

Still, I hope, there’s someone willing to participate on something great, who would help me bring It Ain’t Easy Being a Zombie to life. If you have any questions at all, please, feel free to contact me on viktorin.rosta@gmail.com. Also, that’s the right place for all your awesome submission samples.
    Last edited by Malkivian; 08-01-2013 at 01:34 AM.

Blaze of Glory Iraq JamesABretney's Avatar

Default Seeking Illustrator for Story set in the Old West

I am offering a part time gig - payment delivered every 2 weeks. As I wind down other gigs, this will be my focus. I am currently working with an illustrator whom I am very pleased with. I am however looking for someone who can do the same quality work for less money. I have a western series that I have written that I want to adapt for comics. I am looking for something like this:

Here is my concept:

https://www.facebook.com/go.up.the.trail

Attached is the script and a song that has inspired.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiYjHu5B6Nc

I require Historical and geographical accuracy

Your art and this story will send the reader back in time to places that do not exist anymore and to a people shaped by events whose faint hands still shape my country and our world even today. This is Ashokan Farewell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjM6zjwi4R0

Musically it gives you an idea of the main event that would shape generations in America during the 19th century. So please listen to it for inspiration.

Work Flow:
    Your portfolio who contain character sketches, thumbnail sketches and comic pages paneled, colored and lettered. If you do not have this in your portfolio, then you may submit a sample of character sketches, thumbnail sketches and comic pages paneled, colored and lettered given the material I provided.

When we come to an agreement of a price and payment, I need to see character sketches and thumbnails of the entire script. Once I agree on the character and thumbnail sketches, then we can move forward with the pages.

Setting:

This is what the Texas Hill Country looks:
http://www.google.com/search?q=texas...l-country.html
    The Texas Hill County was settled by German Immigrants who were loyal to the Union and Texas fought a civil war within Texas for control of this territory. Texas Hill Country still has a vibrant culture that still lives today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b1YVxXFp5M

Do not draw monument valley Northern Arizona and Utah, or Navajo country when the script calls for Texas Hill Country. Much of Texas except West Texas is green and the Texas Hill Country has its own character

Let the pictures tell the story and do not caption much unless the script requires it. For Example, caption "Texas, 1882."

Character Design
    the outfit
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7095727&type=3

This is who I imagine Henry Moore looks like. He is 43. Henry Moore in 1876 would be about this age. He is a Civl War veteran of the Confederacy. This man in real life is from Mississippi with Scotch-Irish and Cherokee Indian blood. 
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...#8232;
I have given you lots of reference of what the character designs should be if you look at my Facebook page for Up the Trail. Please stick to that.

This is who I imagine ALISON would look like. The hairstyle is wrong because it is a wig but I see her as a blonde.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...

Before you submit, I need to know how much you charge for 30 page script. I have 15 of these scripts. Tell me which artists inspire you and why you choose to be an illustrator. I need to see a portfolio. I also decline offers for lack of responsiveness. Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails final 2.jpg  

Looking for Artist (Penciling and Inking) 8-Pages Zombie Comic Trailer

Hi everyone!

I am an unpublished writer looking for an artist to draw and ink an 8 pages trailer for a zombie comic. I intend to use this trailer to make a Kickstarter campaign so there is a possibility for extra work afterwards. The zombies in the comic are inspired by the 28 days later universe and the mood of the work is gloomy and dark. I am looking for someone that is good with the hyper-realistic style, but am open to other styles as well.

My rates are 30$ a page, pencilled and inked. I will pay 50% within 10 days after completion of the pencilling of all the pages via paypal, then the other 50% within 10 days after completion of the inking. The artist will also be credited for his work in the project.

Everything in this offer is negotiable.

Email me the links to your portfolio, a brief summary of your past experiences at sympnoia@gmail.com.

You can tell me if you are good as well for coloring, lettering, web page designer, and video animation for the trailer, with your usual rates.

Comic Writer in the Philadelphia area looking for a Comic Artist (preferably in the Philadelphia area as well) to work on a five issue miniseries I am currently working on for the UCreate Comics Competition. The title of the series is Empyreans and below is the pitch. If interested please shoot me an email at jmenna07@gmail.com.

Empyreans
    A Miniseries By JJ Menna
    ďEvolution canít guarantee salvation.Ē

Deep within the Arizona Desert an organization known as Horizon Industries and itís subsidiary, Nexus Labs, have begun to perform the cruelest of experiments on super powered humans known as Empyreans. These empyreans were born with great power; great power that Horizon and Nexus would love to use for their own ends. Unfortunately not all of the test subjects want to cooperate.

A group of five young empyreans have begun to fight back and will do anything for their freedom and to reclaim what is left of their lives. Joseph Warren, a born leader with super strength and super healing abilities, along with Lilian Karlo, a strong willed telepath, will lead their three comrades, Peter Chambers, a smart-assed speedster, Renee Perez, a hotheaded powerhouse and Walter Pierce, a shockingly brilliant technopath, to freedom or, if all else fails, to death.

But this is a battle they wonít have to face alone. The D.S.O. (Department of Superhuman Operations) have been keeping a watchful eye on Horizon and itís dubious CEO, Alexander Lord, for quite sometime and theyíre ready to make their move. D.S.O.ís very own Agent Jonathan Lane will take a squad of highly trained operatives to Horizonís doorstep to end Lord once and for all. Unbeknownst to Lane, Lord is an empyrean as well with vast telepathic abilities and he is always one step ahead. With his own immeasurable telepathic abilities as well as his own squad of highly trained empyreans he intends to break Lane in two and crush any hope our young empyreans have of freedom.

Hey, guys!

My name is Keon and I'm currently working on a project that I plan on pitching to different independent publishing companies hoping to get picked up. My comic is just about finished and all I currently need is for someone to letter. I posted about this not too long ago and haven't gotten a reply, so I'm trying my luck again. This is a paying gig (of course) but I would need you to send me examples of your previous lettering work along with your rates. If you have any questions or if you're interested in applying please email me at: keonjames@yahoo.com

Thank you for reading!

PENCILER/INKER/COLORIST - PAID
    Need a penciler/Inker for my horror comedy graphic novel. It's scripted and broken into panels already. 180 pages so there is a lot to draw. Looking for someone good with facial expressions. Please email me samples of your work, links and a short something about you. Also a geographic location. I've spent a lot of time in the comics distribution business and am looking for someone I can work with on projects. Looking for a creative easy to work with person. I will pay you a good rate per page.

Please email me at lakecomic@gmail.com