Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

This is an unpaid position. I have no money to pay anyone for any work at this point.

Hello,

My name's Jose and I'm a writer based in London. I'm looking for an artist to collaborate with on a graphic novel I'm currently developing.

The book will be a 12-issue re-imagining of Joan Of Arc's life where the focus is put on a quest Joan needs to complete in order to save the world from dark forces. In my version of events Joan is a sword-fighting bad-ass trying to keep Satan and his army from conquering Earth. Rest assured, she still dies on the pyre.
    There's quite a few flashbacks in the first few issues to give a more complete picture of why Joan is the way she is but that'll stop once the main storyline gets going. Right now I'm done working on the finishing touches for issue #2, I've written a bit of issue #3 and what I need is someone to help me out with the art side of things. I'd like to get some character sketches going and then start working on issue #1 properly.

I want to submit the book to publishers but I also have a plan for low-cost, online publishing. I've recruited a small but dedicated group of friends that are helping me and all I need now is a great artist to help me make this book a reality.

I'm looking for realism with a punch. The book is set in France in the 1400s and I'd like it to look plausible but that doesn't mean everything has to be period accurate.
    I have some specific ideas for certain scenes and characters but I'm very open to input on how to best bring this story to life. I aim to give the artist(s) full reign on how best to draw the story.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in being part of let me know and we'll take it from there.

Thanks,

Jose Pereira
    hetfdex@gmail.com

Grrrrr

WWI ANTHOLOGY - As you will be aware, next year is the centenary of the start of WW1, and the UK is likely to be blitzed by a shed load of jingoistic rubbish 'celebrating our boys' achievements at the front' etc etc rather than condemning their mass murder.

The idea of this anthology is therefore to explode some of the myths of the Great War and/or tell some of the untold stories. Since there have only ever been three graphic 'novels' about this war, there is plenty of scope, not only for subject matter but also for how the story is told and where it goes, even into the realms of fantasy. On the other hand, one of those is the 'Charley's War' series, which raises the bar we have to clear incredibly high!

We have many stories already on the way to completion, but below is a list of areas we are still keen to cover. We are also very keen to look at anything from the 'enemy's' point of view. On top of that, we are more than happy to consider any alternatives of particular excitement to yourself, particularly if they are NOT about trench warfare.

There are two 'hands-on' editors, Brick and myself, Jonathan Clode, but were are extremely lucky to have the legendary Pat Mills (he of 'Charley's War') on board as a guiding light. We will happily steer you through and sort out a suitable illustrator (unless you draw).

- women at war (who fought)
    - POWs (they were given the freedom to 'roam')
    - the machinery of war
    - inventors (the wife of the German who 'invented' chlorine gas for the war shot herself in disgust!)
    - Lord Haig and the way the war was fought
    - pigeons at war (apparently the German pigeons were crap. Why?

Please contact thatpoorsweetboy@hotmail.co.uk

It is imperative you research your story thoroughly (there are some very nerdy WW1 buffs out there) but where you take it is totally up to you. Surprise us! The length is around eight pages or more, but start by sending us no more than two ideas as a paragraph per idea.

Many Thanks and hope to hear from some if you!
    Last edited by GubbinsDalekStrap; 03-30-2013 at 05:29 AM.

Default PapaBehr Comic in need of Artist! We're on Kickstarter!

Hey guys! We're a couple of dudes that just put our USB Vinyl Toy, PapaBehr, on Kickstarter. You can check it out here: http://kck.st/XeWBhz. We're looking for an artist to collaborate with on a comic or web comic series for PapaBehr! The basic premise for PapaBehr so far is:

"In the year 2108, an airborne virus, known as ADM-12, plagues the human race, causing sudden dementia and severe psychosis amongst its hosts.

While renowned neurologists repeatedly failed for years in finding a cure, Robotics & Neuromech scientist Dr. Akira Behr developed an artificial brain capable of bypassing the disease’s destructive path.

However, days before the first human trials, he was captured and betrayed by the very organization that hired him to solve the global crisis; but not before he discreetly transferred his mind into the artificial brain of his daughter’s stuffed bear.

Twenty years has since passed and his precious creation is now being used for world domination. As the end is nearing, a young man named Keane stumbles upon the forgotten toy and awakens Dr. Behr. Together, they search for his daughter and fight to stop the organization that double-crossed him."

We would love to put out a teaser strip (6-7 panels) for our Kickstarter campaign! Just to get people excited about the story and about our Kickstarter (that will be up for the next 5 weeks). So far we're 50% funded and we're looking to surpass our goal!

Please contact us at david@papabehr.com

Cool dudes! Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you!

- David

Hi! Im Omaik, im a artist with 6 years of experience in comics. Currently im available and interested in new projects, pitches and commissions. Im especially interested in long term jobs (but also open for short gigs and single commissions).

In the past 6 years ive been working, among other things, in:

-Sequential Art (comic pages) - Pencilling, inking, lettering and coloring.
    -Character design - for comics, games, monsters, etc.
    -Concept art - weapons, armors, enviroment, items, etc.
    -Trading Card Games art
    -Illustration
    -Book/Comic Covers
    -Personal commissions

I work in color or B&W, I can use several styles, from cartoony, semirealistic, manga, to children book style and abstract.

My price list:

--Comic pages--
    Pencil sketch/layout --------- $10-20 per page
    Pencil and ink --------------- $25-40 per page
    Pencil, ink and color -------- $50-70 per page
    Coloring only ---------------- $20-30 per page

--Ilustrations--

Pencil illustration ---------- $30-40
    Pencil and ink --------------- $40-60
    Color Illustration ----------- $60-100

--Caricature--

Pencil ----------------------- $25-30
    Pencil and ink --------------- $35-50
    Color Caricature ------------- $50-70
    (prices may vary depending on number of characters on the page)

I can complete 3 to 10 pages per week, depending on complexity, workload and details.
    If you want to talk about a project, make a question or negotiate prices, send an email to Omaik@hotmail.com and ill reply asap. I chack emails at least 3 times a day, so you will receive a reply really soon.

Thanks for reading!

Omaik

Omaik portfolio and samples links:

http://omaikcomic.daportfolio.com/
    http://omaik.daportfolio.com/
    http://omaikportfolio.blogspot.mx/
    http://omaik.deviantart.com/

Hello,

I am in urgent need of a letterer for a story to appear in an upcoming publication. Payment is a flat rate fee of $60 for a three page job, and would need to be completed by Friday. If this is possible, interested letterers should e-mail devindrover@gmail.com with examples of previous work.

Cheers,

- Devin

Hi,

I'm looking for an artist for a sci-fi mini-series that I've written (3 issues). It's sci-fi in the sense of the film 'Sunshine', but touches on ideas like the multiverse but has a human drama at its core.

I'd like to do this in black and white, something similar to the grey-tones of The Walking Dead or the pencil and ink of Snaphot. I have some funds secured so depending on publisher interest we could always self-publish.

I can afford $40 USD per page, $45 if you can also letter

If you're interested then drop me a line with sequential samples to:

c.m.nicholson@gmail.com

Thanks

Chris

Good evening to everyone. I'm looking for someone who could colaborate with me in a comic book. I've got many ideas, and as long as I am new, I don't demand a great artist, only a minimal artist who would like to have fun doing some comic project. I also have knowledge on Adobe Illustrator to vectorize and Adobe InDesign for possible future e-comic project.

I got ideas for things such as:
    - Sci Fi story about a creation and evolution of another planet;
    - A Superhero or Anti-Hero story;
    - A Noir/Cyberpunk Detective Story;
    - A comedy Story about the return of Jesus Christ in a distant future and will fight Santa Claus.

There is no need for haste, this is to be done with time and doesn't need to be long, only a little experience.

Anyone interested, mail me for: vtm_vmr@hotmail.com or skype: victor_strange23

Cheers to everyone!

Hey there, I'm Eric, a writer in southern California.

I'm seeking an artist and colorist (don't care if they're the same person!) for an original low-fantasy series. This would be paid work - we can talk details if you're interested. I currently have two issues fully scripted, and have even created stick-figure storyboards to help communicate what I think is important about the story (which you can ignore if you just need the panel descriptions). Sweet deal!

While I'd be fine paying someone per-page to get a pitch package done (and then going from there), what I would prefer is a collaborator - someone who believes in the product and wants to have a long-term voice in the storytelling. I imagine that per-page for the pitch package and then co-ownership if it gets picked up - best of both worlds. This is an entirely new world being created in this project, so you'll definitely have room to get creative with designs.

If you think you might be interested, please email me: epeterson39 AT gmail DOT com and we can go from there.

Hello!

I am an aspiring comic book writer and I am looking for an artist for an upcoming comic book I am putting together. The comic itself will be superhero related (closer to Project Superpowers as opposed to current Marvel or DC fare) and the artist in question will need to be reliable and prompt. Being previously published is not a requirement. Having samples of your work is a must. All applicants will be given a sample test/request to gauge how their art would look sequentially. This will be a paid job once the mini arc story writing has been finished. I am on a limited budget as this is a brand new start up comic.

If you are interested please send inquiries to strikeforce.rome[at]gmail.com

Thanks!

Default Seeking a new and aspiring Artist for ongoing Comic Book series

My name is Matt and I am a contributing writer for a new franchise from the up and coming video games company BlackFox Studios.

Myself and the Managing Director, Lauren Black, are currently looking for an aspiring artist to work with to create a number of ongoing graphic novels.

We will providing a number of character biographies for which we would like to see some concept art. Some biographies will have existing artwork, others will not. We want to see you show off your own individual creative style. Impress us!

After this we will provide a short script, which we would like to be turned into sequential art. The final product should consist of no more than four A4 pages in total.

Matt Scannell
    Contributing Writer, BlackFox Studios
    m.scannell@hotmail.co.uk

I am a writer looking for artists for her comic book scripts. The comics are superhero, though they do range a lot in that genre (falling into fantasy, science fiction, horror, Western, comedy, romance, noir, etc.), considering this is not for one specific series but an intent to start a line of comics. Ideally, one contributing would be a collaborator, a long-term artist with whom I can pitch their specific series to Image or Dark Horse or the like. However, I am willing to consider one-off artists. If a series doesn't have a regular artist, I will simply put it up on IndyPlanet rather than try to go through one of the bigger publishers.

I'm able to offer 50% of the proceeds or, in select circumstances, $5 per page. Therefore, I would need people who would be interested in more than just monetary reasons. It should be noted that many characters are LGBT and therefore I will be gearing promotional aspects to those markets. E-mail me at karamesser@hotmail.com if interested.

Default Foxing Quarterly is taking submissions

Hi everyone,

My name is Alex and I'm the comics editor for Foxing Quarterly in Austin, TX. We are a print-only literary journal that publishes submissions of fiction, poetry, COMICS, drama, photography, and more. I'm posting here as a "call for submissions" and hoping that people take us up on the opportunity to have their short-form comics printed. We are lucky enough to have Jim Rugg as our acting art director and we're proud to have shown work from Liz Prince, Gabrielle Bell, Luke Pearson, Box Brown, Patrick Kyle and other great comic artists. So, check out foxingquarterly.com and look at our submissions guidelines and submit! If you have any specific questions message me here and I'll reply as quickly as I can. Thanks for reading, and have fun making comics!

Alex

(mods: Sorry if this post is in the wrong forum or breaks any rules, please let me know if I need to change anything, thanks.)

Default Help Wanted for Graphic Novels

I have at least three ideas that I'd be happy to talk about.

1. A.B.S.(Adventures Beyond Space) Series
    2. Distant Eden
    3. Xenothology

I'll answer any questions regarding these three science fiction graphic novel series.
    http://ia3.deviantart.com/

1. A.B.S.(Adventures Beyond Space) Series

A human SF fan in the starship Silver Spirit with three aliens. A male beast-like Grear named Mizzik. A female semi-aquatic salamander-like Salaki named Salena. And a female ungulate-like Phylless named Nellishia.

2. Distant Eden

A group of human space explorers (buff and totally naked) learn to share a planet with the native tribal extraterrestrials. The main character is Jessica, a nature loving goth who's favorite color is green. She's in love with one of the natives.

3. Xenothology

An anthology series where the rule is: All aliens, no humans. The pilot episode starts with an alien who doesn't believe in aliens until the home planet is invaded.
    Last edited by mattbib; 04-21-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Hi guys,

I'm a freelance artist available for any illustration, pin-up, sketch card, caricature, or comic work.

Here's a sample of a recent page; I pencil and ink at $30 a page (negotiable):

I'm quick (1-2 pages a day), relaible (references available) and can adapt to any style.

Check out www.freewebs.com/sorethumbgraphics for more info. Thanks!

Hello everybody!

I have a script finished that i dont feel capable of illustrating myself. The story is about an apartment complex with some satanic triplets who raise literally raise hell for the other tenants and and ex-superhero who definitely doesn't save the day. Each issue is a double feature and kind of reads like a horror comic, but totally isn't.

there are about 20 pages in total. I can do the inking and coloring if need be.

Please respond with a work sample, and i will give you a script sample and we can go from there.

Issue 1 will be for sale for $1. What money is left over after printing (probably none) will be split 50/50. Or i can send you comics from the store i work in as compensation as well.