Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Talent

Default Seeking Talent

Artists and Writers, or those in need of their services, post in this thread. Explain what it is you do or what it is you need, linking to your online portfolio if available. Please include your e-mail address or utilize this forum's Private Message function for people to respond to your post. Do not reply to posts in this thread. Instead, PM or e-mail the poster directly.

Only post in this thread if you are the artist, writer, or the one in need of service. Do not post on someone else's behalf.

You may only post in this thread once every two months. Posts will be moved here after two months. You may post again after two months have passed and your original post has been moved.

CBR is only providing this thread as a service to allow posters to find others interested in their services. We are in no way liable for any incomplete work or payment for services.

Thank you.

PS. Check out this thread and the below sites also geared towards finding and offering talent:

www.digitalwebbing.com
    www.comicfoundry.com
    www.penciljack.com
    www.uggabugga.net
    www.comicbookclassifieds.com

Artists who are interested in getting commissions can list themselves, their contact info, their websites, offer art for sale and much more at www.comicartcommissions.com. Buyers can browse or search by price range, preferred genre, or read reviews on the artists (or leave reviews).
    Last edited by Brandon Hanvey; 10-29-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Hello, I'm a comics writer looking for a one-stop-shop artist that is able to do penciling, inking, coloring, lettering, etc. I'm interested in someone with sequential comic art experience. I am prepared to pay a very competitive rate for said artist based on quality and experience. I am looking for at least an artist that can commit to the doing the first 24-page issue and if the working relationship is beneficial to both parties it could be extended to another 5 issues for a total of 6 issues.

If anybody is interested please email me at weddingsinger101@yahoo.com with sample work and resume. I may ask for any interested artists to provide a sample 4-panel artistic layout from a page of my script before entering any agreement. If an artist is selected after providing the 4-panel sample I would also pay them for this work in order to maintain fairness. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from some of you.

Hi, I need an artist/colorist for a small project: a 9 page educational comic commissioned by a non-profit organization.

The idea is to do something very similar to this:

As you can see, it has to be something very simple, very direct.

The budget for this project is 180 dollars for 9 pages (art + color). I know it isn't much but, again, this shouldn't require much of an effort.

I have yet to receive confirmation on the deadline, but as usual with these things the faster you can complete it the better. I will provide you with the script as well as reference material.

By the way, this should be 5 Ĺ X 8Ĺ inches, so it's smaller than an average comic book. Hopefully, it should take you less time to complete.

If you're interested please send me a PM or an email at abolanos@viceversaconsulting.com

Thank you!

Hi, I'm a writer looking for an artist to start a project with. My writing style is dark fiction/horror. I have some short stories I'd like to turn in to one-shot comics and longer tales for a graphic novel (if interested). I'm looking for an artist who is like me and looking for more exposure than money. Sorry, I don't have the cash to pay someone to do this. I'm hoping to find someone who is hungry to get their work out there and build a fan base, like me. I am not looking for any certain style as far as the artist goes, I can't draw so I'm not gonna tell you how to. You can see some of my work here at https://www.facebook.com/spswriter if you are interested. Thanks.

Artist wanted for 52 page Lovecraftian Action/Adventure Comic

Hi, Iím looking for an artist for a 52 page action adventure comic with lovecraftian shades. My aim with this project is to first complete some sample pages and then pitch to as many publishes as possible who would cover printing costs without giving up the right to the characters. With this plan in mind there would be no money up front but shared ownership of the property and no need to personally contribute to printing costs.

Iím pretty much open to artistic style and though the script in done I would be more than willing to collaborate and adapt the story suit any particular artist. Ideally, the artist would be able to produce full colour pages, at the very least inked. As an artist myself I know 52 pages is a massive commitment so we could come to a reasonable time line with the publisher in which to finish the comic. The initial commitment would be 6-8 pages of sequentials and a cover image for the pitch.

Now, the comicÖ Our story starts in London just before World War I, where a professor from the Miskatonic University is consulting on a series of murders but ends up knee deep in cults, lovecraftian monsters and alchemy! There are several themes that run throughout the comic, from old world/new world transitions, the suffragette movement and a sense of an unknown cosmic horror.

As an artist, you would need to be able to draw authentic period scenes circa London 1912, dynamic action sequences, monsters and above all else, distinctive characters with personality. You would need to be able to design the look and feel of the world and work with me on the characters and monsters. I am looking for someone who wants to make a mark on the comic scene and break though to a professional level.

This 52 story is self contained but sows the seeds of several possible sequels. I have an overall plan for at least five other books in the series should we find any success with the first (though I wouldnít expect any commitment beyond this first story from the artist).

A bit about meÖ Iíve been self publishing comics for years as a writer and an artist and you can see my works on my blog http://danielbellcomics.blogspot.co.uk or check out some of my writing over at my comicsy store http://www.comicsy.co.uk/danielbellcomics/ where all digital downloads are free. I contributed scripts and art to a number of anthologies such as British Showcase Anthology (Markosia), SPOD: Oddities from Space, The Psychedelic Journal of Time Travel and FutureQuake. I also self publish the sci-fi series Psircus, more info here (http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/2012/psircus/and here http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blo...iew-psircus-2/

Iíve considered drawing this project myself but for personal reasons I canít commit to that many pages and Iíve come to realise that I simply donít have the artistic skills necessary to do this story justice.

I really feel that this script has potential and want to make the transition in to the professional comic world, all I need is the right artist to collaborate with.

I can be contacted through danielbellcomics@gmail.com

Grrrrr

Artist required to draw 5 and a half pages for the forthcoming WWI anthology TO END ALL WARS. The book will be published by Soaring Penguin press in July. We are in desperate need of somebody to fill in the modern day aspect to a story about the Bantam battalion. Due to the last minute nature of this, we need the pencils/inks by March 1st. This is a non profit job as all proceeds go to Medicins Sans FrontiŤres, however you will be guaranteed your work will be seen as the anthology will be distributed across Europe & America. You can find info on the project at our website - http://toendallwarscomic.wordpress.com/
    If interested please contact Jonathan at thatpoorsweetboy@hotmail.co.uk
    Many thanks.

Hello everyone,

My name is Mac Radwanski and I am comic book penciler, with a few published credits to my name including "Runners", "Indy Horror Comics #2" and a few others. I'm currently looking for more work so please feel free to have a look at some of my work (here http://mac240.deviantart.com/gallery/ and here http://macradwanski.wordpress.com) and if you're interested in doing something together, you can reach me at mradwan101[at]gmail.com

My rates are very flexible, depending on the length of the project, content and various other factors, I'm sure we can work out something reasonable on individual basis.

Thanks for your time!

Mac

Default Seeking talented artists. Paid job

I run a online T Shirt site called White Phoenix Designs. I am currently looking for artists or anyone interested in submitting designs to be sold on our site. We pay a monthly percentage to the artists for every shirt sold with their design on it. If interested feel free to email me at whitephoenixdesigns@hotmail.com.

Please remember to put designs in the title to avoid your email getting lost in the junk shuffle.

Website is just starting out so not much on there at the moment hence my call out to artists.

http://white-phoenix-designs-2.myshopify.com/

Please read the submissions page on the web site for even more information.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers.

Jonathan

Default Looking for artist for multiple/varied projects.

Hello all,

I am a writer in need of an artist for (possibly) several projects. These projects were all originally conceived as feature films, short films or television shows. Primarily, my goal is to create a comic or graphic novel for each project as a proof-of-concept to pitch to producers for a live-action film. However, if that never happens, at least they can exist as a completed story in some format and I would try to get them published somehow; self-publishing is even a possibility.

I'm following Bruce Lee's advice: be like water, my friend.

Anyway, I imagine that this can be a work-for-hire situation at first. But I currently live in Beijing, so payment would have to be figured out. I do plan to move my family back to the USA sometime this year or next so this is not a permanent obstacle.

While I do not have the skills nor the talent to do the art myself, I do have some specific ideas for the visual aspects of these projects. I have experience as a director, cinematographer and editor on several shorts films so I understand the visual language used in media and can help with planning layouts, designing characters, etc. But I am also open to accepting an artist's input, even if it contradicts my original ideas. Whatever works best for the story is all I care about.

The projects that I have in mind are as follows (not necessarily in any specific order):

Project #1: Short film/one-shot type of story. Primarily, a psychological horror. Visually, I was thinking something along the lines of "The Walking Dead" or "Sin City". It would require someone with a cinematic style to their layouts and good with creating expressive characters since there is not much dialogue. Also, atmosphere is very important to create the tension because most aspects are implicit. My idea is that this would serve as kind of a test to see if I could find someone compatible to work with. I would then shop this around to see if I could get it published.

Project #2: Crime-drama. This is from a feature film screenplay I wrote specifically for Chow Yun-Fat. It was conceived to evoke his Hong Kong action films such as "The Killer." I also wanted to go with a look and feel along the lines of films from the 70's, such as "Taxi Driver". Kind of a dirty, minimalist approach, if that makes any sense. Something like Geof Darrow's art might work for this. This would be a limited series. Most likely, I would want to do the first issue then shop it around and see if any publishers would want to foot the bill to complete the series.

Project #3: Character drama with a sci-fi backdrop that takes place in China. This is from a screenplay for a feature film. Visually, I wanted to give this a clean, simple look like a painting. Maybe even using photographs for some backgrounds, since most of the story takes place outside. I was also thinking of a Cinemascope look to give it an epic feel, even though it's really a simple character drama. Artistically, maybe something like Frank Quitely, Kevin Maguire or Paul Martin Smith. Again, this would be a limited series and I would probably just do the first issue and shop it around.

Project #4: Superheroes! Sort of. A team of teenagers brought together to save the world. But, not really. It's a satire of a lot of things: comic books, politics, popular culture, etc. I grew up reading comic books, watching movies and playing video games so this will be filled with "geek culture" jokes as well. I originally conceived this as a television show and I wrote up a pilot episode and a bible that outlines a 5-season arch. I see this as an ongoing series but one that does have a finite lifespan. And I know exactly how it will end. Anyway, this could also be a 50/50 rights deal if the artist could contribute to some concepts/designs.

Project #5: Erotic fantasy/noir/sci-fi based on a treatment for a feature film. This could be fairly tame or hardcore. I prefer the hardcore route, just because I honestly think it makes it more interesting. Anyway, the story begins in ancient times (can be a fantasized version of the middle ages, for example), then carries thru to a modern noir setting and concludes in a near-future full of monsters, androids and what-not. Again, a limited series where I would want to do the first issue then see if any publishers bite.

These are just the projects that I basically have "ready-to-go" at this moment. But I do have many more then can be developed later.

If you are interested in any (or all) of these projects or just want to discuss anything, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks.

Michael
    michaelgonzalez44@yahoo.com

Looking for a Colorist for a super-hero themed book.

Paying $40 per page for 23 pages ($920).

Must have experience with coloring for CMYK printers.

Please e-mail me with links to your work at: sidekickscomics@gmail.com

Thank you.

I'm a writer from Ohio, I've been working on a series of short stories that are all connected and there are four so far, I'm planning on there being possibly six. I'm trying to find one artist per story. It's just like a telling of the main character's life, there isn't much action or anything. I'm hoping to find someone who will do black and white work by hand, and then my plan is to collect all the work from each artist and put it all together, which is kind of why I want it to be done by hand. I'm just looking for a general artist who will do this, I'm not looking for a whole team of people I suppose.
    I guess it should be noted that I have no way whatsoever to pay anyone who would want to do this. It's supposed to just be a fun thing and you'd be helping me out with something that I've wanted to do for a very long time now. But that's not to say there won't be any money in it at all. Once it is all finished and set to sell, everyone who's collaborated on this will receive their cut!
    Thus far I have two artists that have expressed interest in doing this, they're both students and at least one of them said they will work on their part over summer break. This isn't time-sensitive, so I'm not going to be busting heads about this, I don't have it in me to bust heads.
    Here is a link to the four stories that I have done: http://www.mediafire.com/view/gbu9ds...8om/Impure.doc
    And I will update that once I have the other two finished! Either PM me or e-mail me at: treyham666@gmail.com
    Thanks!

I am the author of a bestselling YA book called "The N00b Warriors." I want to turn the book into a graphic novel, and am looking for an artist to team with; this is a revenue sharing (50/50) opportunity. You can see the book here. I will also email a copy to interested artist. Please email Roboscott@gmail.com if you are interested. Please do not try and sell me your services, as I can only offer revenue sharing.

Hey, I love writing and I love comic book superheroes. Ever since I was really young, I enjoyed writing stories about them. Now I'm 18 and I want to start actually making comic books, but I can't draw to save my life. So I want to start this new comic book series which will be somewhat dark and realistic. Who here would like to be an artist for my series? Email me and we can discuss how we will do this: mattwu1@gmail.com
    Thanks.

Hi, I want to start a project, but I need an artist. This offer is for those who just wants to try his hand at something interesting, without any financial payment. Just for some experience. Here's a little essay on the theme of comics:

The action takes place in a kind of totalitarian state. This state behaves aggressively relative to other countries. On its territory created agency that deals with federal and domestic issues. And it has forced recruitment into his service for the war with other states. But the story is about a family that breakes all bad. Or rather a guy who decided to take matters into their own hands to go against the state, to save his family and his people.

History imbued with injustice and misery, but also the heroism and courage. And, of course, there will be a supernatural component. So, if you are interested in this idea, you can email me and I'll show you a more detailed version of the script.

P.S. Sorry for my english.

Adress: riboskes170@gmail.com

*** Attention Pencilers, Inkers, and Letterers ***

We are putting together a team for a 10-Page submission package.
    The ultimate goal here is to get picked-up for a six-issue run.

PAGE RATES (for these 5 pages):
    Penciler - $125 per page = $1250
    Inker - $90 per page = $900
    Letterer - $35 per page = $350

PENCILERS! You will be colored by one of the best in the biz, Jean-Francois Beaulieu
    http://johnnybleu.daportfolio.com/gallery/788189

WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
    - We are primarily looking for artists who have already been published. However, if you think you’ve got what we’re looking for, then please, by all means, submit your stuff!

- We need people who know they can deliver a 22-page comic every month for six months straight. Or, at the very least, one every two months.

PAYMENT:
    We will pay your page-rate via PAYPAL as each page gets turned in. You’ll send us a low-res file and within two days we’ll send you payment. Then you’ll send us the high-res file. Rinse, wash, repeat.

KICKSTARTER:
    We will be running a Kickstarter campaign to fund the 10-pages. However, we will be shooting to fund a whole issue. You will not be asked to begin work until the funding is procured. But, we might ask for a sample page.

NOTE: We already know we’ll get the funding for the 10-pages. But, again, we’re shooting for a whole issue.

ABOUT THE COMIC:
    We don’t want to give too much away. But, what we will say is that, while there are no superheroes in this comic, we do have: malevolent spirits, A two-bit paranormal detective, clairvoyant cops, and a NECROPUNK aesthetic.

ABOUT US:
    Sam Midwood, a baldy, and Chris Frey, a ginger -- Two 2nd-time independent creators from Los Angeles. Our first creation is currently being shopped around.

SUBMISSIONS:
    Please send examples of your work to NecrotekLabs@gmail.com